• Rings of Power

Fantasy TV is now The Lord of the Rings!

• We're moving

Heroes are moving to the Movies sections!

Do You Want a Proper Jimmy Olsen?

Could just say it was some CIA spook who stole Jimmy's ID and have Jimmy as a new start at the Daily Planet.

Of course there needs to be a new Jimmy, to go along with a new, happier, more relaxed Superman who is getting in touch with his humanity.

The solution is obvious and has been pointed out many times, one good dark joke becomes a good light one, and no harm, no foul.

Honestly I really don't see the need for Jimmy Olsen besides comic relief and I think Perry fills that roll nicely at the moment. I just think personally Jimmy has no place in the movies and would really serve as the roll of Jenny where he is seen but rarely heard.

He should be introduced then at the end the movie we see him go into a convenience store where there is a news story on detailing how Superman saved the day in the plot for that movie and while at the register paying for his stuff a robber with a gun comes and shoots him in the head as he makes a sudden move.

Jimmy is a character who helps anchor Superman. Its very important to have down to earth supporting characters like him. Nu52 Supes best and lighthearted interactions were with Jimmy even after they tried filling him with more tragedy.

Honestly I really don't see the need for Jimmy Olsen besides comic relief and I think Perry fills that roll nicely at the moment. I just think personally Jimmy has no place in the movies and would really serve as the roll of Jenny where he is seen but rarely heard.
Please retire this username.

He should be introduced then at the end the movie we see him go into a convenience store where there is a news story on detailing how Superman saved the day in the plot for that movie and while at the register paying for his stuff a robber with a gun comes and shoots him in the head as he makes a sudden move.

giphy.gif

Could just say it was some CIA spook who stole Jimmy's ID and have Jimmy as a new start at the Daily Planet.
Yep. Jimmy hasn't even been shown yet in the Snyderverse. The man who got shot in BvS was an undercover agent using that alias.

I actually thought Superman having a CIA friend would be pretty interesting.

Plot twist... The CIA hacks Jimmy's Apple Watch.

HEEELLLLLLLL YESSSSS!

Shame they wasted the guy in BvS. He would've made a good updated Jimmy.

Do we know the gunshot to the head even killed Jimmy? People have survived getting shot in the head. Do a scene early in the movie where he is in the hospital recovering and Lois & Clark come to visit. Then later on he is back at work.

He'd have to be Metallo by that point, pulling a 3rd switch-a-roo.

Do we know the gunshot to the head even killed Jimmy? People have survived getting shot in the head. Do a scene early in the movie where he is in the hospital recovering and Lois & Clark come to visit. Then later on he is back at work.
But because of brain damage, the CIA won't take him back. He becomes a fully fledged photographer at the DP because they take all sorts of strangers in....... :o

But he's not actually a photographer he's a CIA agent. He may also not be called Jimmy Olsen.

They should either just introduce Jimmy and maybe make a joke comment from Lois that the name sounds familiar or if you want to explain it. Just say they used his name because he's actually a photographer and it helped with the cover.

Jimmy is a character who helps anchor Superman. Its very important to have down to earth supporting characters like him. Nu52 Supes best and lighthearted interactions were with Jimmy even after they tried filling him with more tragedy.

I agree. I'm not going to go into my tirade about Superman's most defining traits, but introducing someone like Jimmy gives Superman a personal, non-romantic friend that I think he needs to be more fully well-rounded. Jimmy most certainly hasn't been just comic relief.

Of course, I don't think they should introduce him just to introduce him. To be honest, I do think MOS 2 needs to be a Metropolis-based story with a healthy dose of the Daily Planet (and Clark as a reporter), and in such a context it would be good to bring in Jimmy, if for nothing else than to give Lois someone else to interact with.

Edit: Also, I think it's best they don't even reference BvS's Jimmy Olsen. I don't recall the TC mentioning his name, and while the UE mentioned his first name, his full name only showed up in the credits. Most people who saw the film probably didn't even know he was Jimmy, and by the time a MOS 2 comes out they would likely not remember even if they did know.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cap2024
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"