Doctor voodoo speculation and casting thread

Silvermoth

Krakoan native
Reaction score
image.jpg

Would anyone else love to see doctor voodoo in doctor strange? (Yes, I'm aware now of what that sounds like but please keep your mind out of the gutter).

I think he would be amazing. I can see him as being an occasional friend to strange, sort of a felix leiter to strange's James Bond.

As for casting, I wonder what Harold perrineu is up to this days? He is such a talented actor but I haven't heard of anything he has done since lost. Or do you think voodoo might be a bit of an unfortunate ethnic stereotype?

We probably will see him in form or another. Especially since Marvel tries to stick at least one black actor in their movies.

the only way I see Voodoo in the first movie would be as another of TAO's pupils and I'm not sure I'd like that interpretation

We could eventually see him in a sequel but I imagine they'll want to keep the first movie simple.

You remind me of the doctor
What doctor?
doctor with the power
What power?
power of voodoo
Who do?
you do
do what?
remind me of the doctor

image.jpg

Would anyone else love to see doctor voodoo in doctor strange? (Yes, I'm aware now of what that sounds like but please keep your mind out of the gutter).

I think he would be amazing. I can see him as being an occasional friend to strange, sort of a felix leiter to strange's James Bond.

As for casting, I wonder what Harold perrineu is up to this days? He is such a talented actor but I haven't heard of anything he has done since lost. Or do you think voodoo might be a bit of an unfortunate ethnic stereotype?

I like Brother Voodoo/Doctor Voodoo a lot, and I'd love to see Drumm show up somewhere (whether in the first one or in a sequel). I think a good scenario would be to have him alluded to or cameo in the first one, for a larger role in the sequel.

I've mentioned elsewhere, though, that I hope he doesn't just fall into the role of "black best friend" that we've seen several times in the MCU at this point.

EDIT: I'm still enchanted by the potential of a TV miniseries to explore supporting characters, a la Agent Carter (I'm still jonesing for a "Tales of Asgard"/Sif-centric spin off show), and I think that would be a cool model in which to explore Voodoo as a character after being introduced in a Doctor Strange movie.

Last edited:
Yeah I admit I don't really want to see him as just the black friend either.

Funny we haven't had many casting suggestions in this thread yet

then I'll start.

Nelsan Ellis from True Blood and Get on Up

I feel like he and Clea would work better in DS2. DS1 has so much ground to cover with the origin story, Wong and Dormammu.

Doctor Strange has a very rich world, I'd like to see Marvel not blow it all on cluttering up one film.

Phase 4 is probably going to happen. We'll probably get a sequel and we'll probably get a Ghost Rider film then. There is no reason to do everything in two hours.

I don't know, previous marvel movies have been able to set up love interests and important characters fairly well as well as the setting and villian etc

Love to see Brother Voodoo in a Dr. Strange sequel (where Cumberbatch ISN'T Dr. Strange!). Would be fine to namedrop Jericho Drumm in the first Dr. Strange film.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Philippe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"