Does anyone else...?

Mr Jide

Superhero
Reaction score
Think that John Woo was born to direct a Punisher movie? When looking at most of his films, especialy vthe likes of hard boiled, the killer, a better tomorrow and bullet to the head, one cant help but think a punisher movie would own if directed by Woo. What do you think?

Um... not really. Woo's good and all, but his style of film (and violence) is radically different from The Punisher's. He's way too poetic, whereas a character like Frank Castle lives in a very harsh and brutal world.

John Woo is an amazing director, but if he did a Punisher movie we would have a flock of doves flying away right before a gun battle and that's not in the essence of the Punisher.

But a younger director who is heavily influenced by John Woo, now that is a director that we need.

Lets just give Lexi a chance and see how that pans out...

I want to see what Lexi can do.

Gonna have to wait near a year... Ugh!!!
But I'm sure a lot of effort and love will go into it in the meanwhile.

In my last setence I wasn't trying to say that we needed someone other than Lexi, I was just making a broad statement.

Just in case anyway took that the wrong way.

I just think John Woo is to over the top for the Punisher. I've liked a few of Woo's movies, but he isn't right for the Punisher.

It would all depend on how he did it. Castle couldn't be flipping motorcycles, sliding down banisters, and twirling in circles with guns blazing and his coat flying. I can imagine Woo coming up with ways to make a more calculating and militaristic character wipe out huge numbers of people in an entertaining way... then again I can also imagine it being an uncomfortable cheesefest if he didn't respect the character.

I can't picture him respecting the character. He would treat him as a mindless killing machine. He'd be a human terminator.

Um... not really. Woo's good and all, but his style of film (and violence) is radically different from The Punisher's. He's way too poetic, whereas a character like Frank Castle lives in a very harsh and brutal world.

very well said. John is very smooth and not has hard edged that The Punisher would need to be.

He would treat him as a mindless killing machine. He'd be a human terminator.

Nope, he'd be the exact opposite of that. John Woo is considered a master at his craft because he knows all the important things you need to make a good and lasting movie and one of those things is proper character development.

He'd be a mindless killing machine maybe if he was the villian, but not as the lead in his own movie.

Edit: I just noticed this original poster is banned so maybe this discussion is a little pointless?

Well its sort of pointless cause John Woo won't be making this film... But a thread with a banned user, doesn't really bother me much.

I love Woo too, but everybody and their mama will be complaining about him not doing Punisher justice. Not me though, but I think I will give Lexi a shot. Still I think Paul Verhoevan could direct the ultimate Punisher.

Well its sort of pointless cause John Woo won't be making this film... But a thread with a banned user, doesn't really bother me much.

whyd he get banned? We need more Punisher fans on the hype...

I love Woo too, but everybody and their mama will be complaining about him not doing Punisher justice. Not me though, but I think I will give Lexi a shot. Still I think Paul Verhoevan could direct the ultimate Punisher.

Ppl will complain about Lexi too if Punishers sux balls as well so /shrug.
Think John Woo would do okay,but his more recent movies aren't exactly great movies..He did better in his young days,and non-US films,except maybe Face/Off..
I could see the patented doves coming in a slow-mo sequence just right before Punisher off's a group of thugs :)

Think John Woo would do okay,but his more recent movies aren't exactly great movies..He did better in his young days,and non-US films,except maybe Face/Off..
I could see the patented doves coming in a slow-mo sequence just right before Punisher off's a group of thugs :)

Damn, I saw the doves fly off after his family got murdered in central Park. Woo was great in his younger days because from what I heard he had alot of time and wasn't as pressured by American studios. What did you think of MI 3? My ultimate choice for a director would always be Verhoevan, just watch the D-cut of Robocop.

Verhoevan is good and still has the skills - black book is excellent! Watched robocop recently, such a lean dark film, violent and good script. Verhoevan has style and substance unlike Woo

Does anyone else think that John Woo was born to direct a Punisher movie?
I don't know--perhaps if he could get 100% control over it.. but still it wouldn't be a Punisher movie (someone mentioned the doves and that's just out one thing)

No, he already is banned. Look at the status beneath his name.

When Red Cliff comes out, everyone is going to be blown away by that movie and Woo will probably win an Oscar.

What worries me most of War Zone is how it might get compared to this year's "Dark Knight" film. Both heroes will face a disfigured criminal foe. There will be battles on the streets of big cities.

A John Woo slow motion shoot out including a white pigeon? .. no thanks ..

Think that John Woo was born to direct a Punisher movie? When looking at most of his films, especialy vthe likes of hard boiled, the killer, a better tomorrow and bullet to the head, one cant help but think a punisher movie would own if directed by Woo. What do you think?

Yup your right Dude, he was made for this kind of stuff !:bow:

John Woo? Meh...no thanks really. It'd be like Face-Off with a cape...well a skull. :woot:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"