Does Anyone Remember...

Wolfwood

Shasta McNasty
Reaction score
When I was little I used to get this package of books (bi monthly maybe) in the mail that was dedicated to monsters. It came with a couple of books, sometimes goosebumps, a magazine about monsters and sometimes a little game or toy. I'm trying to see if there's any trace of it on the internet, but I can't remember the name of the package so I'm wondering if any of you used to get it too.

Goosebumps fanclub stuff? Did it have a purple-haired skeleton with sunglasses for the mascott?

I'm like 90% sure it wasn't the Goosebumps Fan Club. But I could be wrong.

I don't remember that but I do remember going to the liquor store all the time as a kid trying to collect all of the Fright Flick cards.

When I was little I used to get this package of books (bi monthly maybe) in the mail that was dedicated to monsters. It came with a couple of books, sometimes goosebumps, a magazine about monsters and sometimes a little game or toy. I'm trying to see if there's any trace of it on the internet, but I can't remember the name of the package so I'm wondering if any of you used to get it too.

I wish that was part of my childhood experience. :csad:

I think I know the magazine you're talking about. Was it in black and white? I think I still have an issue in my closet somewhere, I just can't remember the title.

There was a comic of High-School kids that were vampires & zombies included in the magazine I'm talking about, plus short-stories and the back cover had real-life tombstones with funny names on them.

Was it called Thrills & Chills?

Edit: Is this it?

thrills_and_chills_2_cov.jpg

thrills_and_chills_2_movies.jpg

thrills_and_chills_4_back.jpg

Last edited:
I thought Goosebumps was lame. Even when I was 11.

I read Stephen King and watched X-Files when I was a preteen. I was a hardcore kid.

I think I know the magazine you're talking about. Was it in black and white? I think I still have an issue in my closet somewhere, I just can't remember the title.

There was a comic of High-School kids that were vampires & zombies included in the magazine I'm talking about, plus short-stories and the back cover had real-life tombstones with funny names on them.

Was it called Thrills & Chills?

Edit: Is this it?

thrills_and_chills_2_cov.jpg

thrills_and_chills_2_movies.jpg

thrills_and_chills_4_back.jpg

Holy crap, that's it! Wow, thanks man, you have no idea how bad that was bothering me today.

I always stayed up and watched our local "Creature Feature" when I was a kid. They mostly showed cheesy old horror movies, but a few of the classics were thrown in for good measure.

Holy crap. I used to get that magazine too and was trying to remember it thanks to this thread.

I used to love that thing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"