• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

Does Anyone Remember...

Wolfwood

Shasta McNasty
Reaction score
When I was little I used to get this package of books (bi monthly maybe) in the mail that was dedicated to monsters. It came with a couple of books, sometimes goosebumps, a magazine about monsters and sometimes a little game or toy. I'm trying to see if there's any trace of it on the internet, but I can't remember the name of the package so I'm wondering if any of you used to get it too.

Goosebumps fanclub stuff? Did it have a purple-haired skeleton with sunglasses for the mascott?

I'm like 90% sure it wasn't the Goosebumps Fan Club. But I could be wrong.

I don't remember that but I do remember going to the liquor store all the time as a kid trying to collect all of the Fright Flick cards.

When I was little I used to get this package of books (bi monthly maybe) in the mail that was dedicated to monsters. It came with a couple of books, sometimes goosebumps, a magazine about monsters and sometimes a little game or toy. I'm trying to see if there's any trace of it on the internet, but I can't remember the name of the package so I'm wondering if any of you used to get it too.

I wish that was part of my childhood experience. :csad:

I think I know the magazine you're talking about. Was it in black and white? I think I still have an issue in my closet somewhere, I just can't remember the title.

There was a comic of High-School kids that were vampires & zombies included in the magazine I'm talking about, plus short-stories and the back cover had real-life tombstones with funny names on them.

Was it called Thrills & Chills?

Edit: Is this it?

thrills_and_chills_2_cov.jpg

thrills_and_chills_2_movies.jpg

thrills_and_chills_4_back.jpg

Last edited:
I thought Goosebumps was lame. Even when I was 11.

I read Stephen King and watched X-Files when I was a preteen. I was a hardcore kid.

I think I know the magazine you're talking about. Was it in black and white? I think I still have an issue in my closet somewhere, I just can't remember the title.

There was a comic of High-School kids that were vampires & zombies included in the magazine I'm talking about, plus short-stories and the back cover had real-life tombstones with funny names on them.

Was it called Thrills & Chills?

Edit: Is this it?

thrills_and_chills_2_cov.jpg

thrills_and_chills_2_movies.jpg

thrills_and_chills_4_back.jpg

Holy crap, that's it! Wow, thanks man, you have no idea how bad that was bothering me today.

I always stayed up and watched our local "Creature Feature" when I was a kid. They mostly showed cheesy old horror movies, but a few of the classics were thrown in for good measure.

Holy crap. I used to get that magazine too and was trying to remember it thanks to this thread.

I used to love that thing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
picamon
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"