Dogma

Darren Daring said:
Now, when you say names, do you mean the names of the characters? Are you saying you couldn't keep track of the names of the characters?

The names of the characters and the whole story in general is rather complex for a comedy. I still understood it.

I love the moment when Metatron confides in bethany about what Jesus as a little boy said to him when he asked him to make it ''all not true....and if I had the power....I would have.''

I think it is a great film.

In many respects it's his best flm because it is not nearly as uneven as Chasing Amy and has a plot unlike Clerk,s, but overall I think Clerks and Chasing Amy are better movies. But this is still a strong film. Really, most of the hate I seem to get from this are either offended Christians, Smith-haters or Smith fans that got pissed that a View-Eskew universe film actually had some depth of drama in it (though mostly given by Linda and the 'Fleck).

And for his smaller point I enjoyed Chris Rock. He is a brilliant stand up comedian and only an average at best (most likely mediocre is the better word) actor but Smith used him well here though.

the reason smith works well with films like clerks/chasing amy is because they are all about the dialogue, an area in which smith excels at, however with dogma where there is a plot and effects for audiences to take into account the dialogue takes a back seat, and flaws in the plot and fx are highlighted

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"