Dorm room and doors....

Tempest19

Superhero
Reaction score
Just wondering how many on here-in college- keep their dorm doors open.

I do it from time to time, but not alot. I see some people that like to keep it open all the time though.

So, just bored and wondering- who keeps their door open and for how often?

Yeah, odd title for the thread... to insert attempt at humor.... I am the walrus coo-coo ca-chu.

I open it occasionally, and sometimes my roomie keeps it open, but, honestly, I don't really like a lot of the people that live around me, so I don't talk to them very much. :dry:

I keep my door closed and locked, even when I'm in it. :o

I did it a lot back when I lived in the dorms, because I was friends with 90% of the people in my hall. It backfired once or twice, like the time a (now ex-) friend who lived across the hall walked in without knocking, used our bathroom, and sat down to use my room-mate's computer without saying a word to any of us.

I always did, too. I was antisocial. Most of the people around me were morons.

I know the feeling. :csad:

At least that's over with for you. :up: And if my transfer works out, it'll be over for me at the end of this semester. :word:

I'm going to try my darndest to become an RA for next year. I think the work would be worth having a private room with room and board paid for. And it looks good on a resume. :cwink:

I know the feeling. :csad:

At least that's over with for you. :up: And if my transfer works out, it'll be over for me at the end of this semester. :word:

Aye, its over. But I lived in the dorms all four years, so I got my share of it.

By a series of coincidences, I only had a roommate four semesters of that time, though.

You had your own bathroom?! :wow:

You must have went to a rich college, our bathroom is-more or less-a mini shower room with curtains.

My college is expensive, yes, but the reason we have our own bathrooms is because all of the dorms used to be motels.

I think the work would be worth having a private room.

Definitely is, got one this year out of lucky chance with an AMAZING view of NYC at night! I even see NYC sunsets sometimes... but back to private rooms, definitely worth it- no annoying room mate makes college ALOT more bearable.

And yeah, hotels explains it- my college is expensive too, just thought at top schools they actually had the luxury of 'private' bathrooms.

Aye, its over. But I lived in the dorms all four years, so I got my share of it.

By a series of coincidences, I only had a roommate four semesters of that time, though.

You got yo live by yourself for some of it? Nice. :up:

I'm going to try my darndest to become an RA for next year. I think the work would be worth having a private room with room and board paid for. And it looks good on a resume. :cwink:

I was an RA for two years, and loved getting a private room and board for free (including a check each semester). It's worth it, and yeah...good for the resume. Not a bunch of work to do, either :up:

I did freshman year because I was friends with the majority of my little 40 person building, but not anymore. I live on the ground floor, my friends just come knock on my window.

I spent my college years living in an apartment by myself.

I had a single room, but I kept my door closed. I remember babysitting my sister once there (she was about 2 at the time) and the neighbor girl had this four foot tall panda in her room and she left the door open. Daisy saw that bear and she threw herself on it and wouldn't leave.

I have a 4 single bedroom, 2 bathroom setup on campus.

My door tends to reflect my mood. I keep it open most of the time so I can chat it up with my roomies, but if I just need some Cmill Time, I close it.

I always lock up my **** in my barracks room.

Because there's no such thing as a thief in the Marine Corps, just someone else getting their **** back.

I always lock up my **** in my barracks room.

Because there's no such thing as a thief in the Marine Corps, just someone else getting their **** back.

You lie...what about all those times you've told me that you've gone to sleep alone only to wake up w/that weeks dorm ho eating your leftover chinese food.

Damn your own room. That would be awesome. I wonder if the RA's rooms are any bigger than everybody else's room.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"