Rodney Dangerfield
Chris Farley
Eddie Murphy
Carlos Mencia
Bernie Mac
Richard Lewis
Wanda Sykes

Leto Atrides said:
This too. You can only take so much angry and bitter comedy,no matter how insightful or whatever it is. Lewis Black, Paul Mooney, they're really funny, but its more fun IMO to watching the dumb goofy guy.

Don't get me wrong I like guys like Mooney and Black alot, but you gotta cleanse the palette with some good natured humor and comedy, balance it out.

Hell at times I'll take the time to watch comedians I'm not particulary fond of (Larry the Cable Guy) to get a different perspective on whats funny to others and see if it affects me with laughter. I hated Jerry Seinfeld when I first heard his comedy, but over time I got it and dammit if what he says no matter how stupid or mudane was some funny shyt when you think about it.

Why are people persisting with this "Well, he's not political or cutting edge and doesn't have a lot of sub-text, but I like him" crap? :huh:

I love Married with Children, Mad Magazine, and I've already made 3 fart jokes toDAY!

The prob is, he's not FUNNY.:confused:

I wanted to join in and laugh at him, but everytime I watch him, like others, I'm thinking, "WTF kind of mind control gasses is he having pumped into this venue?!?:huh:"

whatever, glad you like.

deemar325 said:
Hell at times I'll take the time to watch comedians I'm not particulary fond of (Larry the Cable Guy) to get a different perspective on whats funny to others and see if it affects me with laughter.
That's cool. I do that too.
I paid to see the Mawht-in Lawrence movie in the theater for that very reason.
I went right after work, alone, just to soak it up, and my friends still use it as evidence that my taste can't be trusted. :down:(
But they wrong.

I'm not saying the guy is the 'End all, Be all' of comedy just that sometimes I like a little mindless comedy at times, Lewis Black can be depressing and yeah sometimes me a black guy gets tired of the 'White people do this, Black people do that' comedy.

If I wanna laugh at a guy who's funniest bit is about him wanting venom like a snake or a sword welding monkey, I got that right.

Wilhelm-Scream said:
That's cool. I do that too.
I paid to see the Mawht-in Lawrence movie in the theater for that very reason.
I went right after work, alone, just to soak it up, and my friends still use it as evidence that my taste can't be trusted. :down:(
But they wrong.

Cool, I was never much a Martin Lawrence fan. He's nothing compared too Eddie Murphy in his prime.

Martin had a few good years... mostly when he was hosting Def Jam back in 93....

Yeah but I like him better as a supporting character in movies, he's funny when your not forced to watch two full hours of him. That's why 'Martin' the tv show worked for me 30 minutes and he's done.

which was my point.. he hosted the show.. did a few funny ass jokes in the open and then introduced the other comedians...

David Cross
Patton Oswalt
Sarah Silverman
Brian Posehn
Bob Odenkirk
George Carlin
Lewis Black
BILL HICKS (R.I.P.)

although I've never seen or heard his acts... People have told me Joe Rogan has a pretty vulgar show.

Tangled Web said:
Stephen Lynch is the best out there IMO.
Stephen Lynch and Weird Al need to team up and create the funniest song ever created.

I think it's both bogus and sad that someone would take the time to write all that out and analyze why they don't like dane cook, and that so many people waste time complaining about him. there's comedians I hate to watch... can't stand chris rock, didn't even smile at Kings of Comedy... so I just don't watch them. pretty simple, if there's someone I don't like I just don't watch them. It makes it so much easier, and then I don't have to waste my time writing paragraphs about WHY I don't like them.

But you're ignoring one very important thing:

Some people who don't like popular things will go out of their way to make sure everyone knows they don't like it, because it makes them feel more important than they really are.

Prodigy said:
I think it's both bogus and sad that someone would take the time to write all that out and analyze why they don't like dane cook, and that so many people waste time complaining about him.

What a load of horses***. :(

My life is consumed by my love of blondes, people I know and love, kinky sex, horror movies, Jack Kirby, Led Zeppelin, etc.

I've written countless pages about how great these things have been in my life.

It only follows that if something "POPULAR" comes up,...where you simply can't accept the fact that the majority of your neighbors are digging it, while it leaves you cold, bored, depressed and turned off,...you'd, as a human being, feel driven to express your dismay.

I'll never understand this sick Cult of Positivity...where, if you love something, you're encouraged to blather on about it all day, but if you DON'T love something...it doesn't mean that "YOU.DON'T.LOVE.IT."

It means that you are "sad" or "bogus", or "jealous", or "negative", or "angry", etc.

I don't think dog poo would make a tasty garnish at dinner. I don't think slicing your own earlobes and pinky toes off would be a fun form of foreplay......

SO, if someone said, "dog poo goes great with Caesar Salad", or, "Cutting chunks out of my earlobes always gets me and the Mrs. "In-The-Mood"???

I'm sorry, I might respond with analysis, or even an essay, on why I disagreed and couldn't relate.:huh:

And that wouldn't make it "SAD" or "BOGUS"

:rolleyes:

Meh, Cook tries too hard, and if your over 20 it is easy to pick up on that and just makes him come off as insecure. And if there is one thing a stand up comic does not want to be, its vulnerable.

It's funny, Cook is 3 years older than I am, yet the only people I know who find him funny are people who are 6-7 years younger than I am.

When I watch his performance I feel like I'm too old for the jokes but I remember finding some of those benign observations he makes about everything amusing back in high school or college but now it's just "meh."

it'd make it sad and bogus to me...

to each his own. some people like Led Zepplin. some people like dog poo. I don't like Led Zepplin or dog poo, but I don't need to tell you why. I am aware that lots of people like Led Zepplin though I don't agree. So what's the point to argue? Is it going to change your opinion? Not likely. Even if I said they eat dog poo, you'd still like them. So why *****.

A really good comedian can make a 6, 16, 21, 35 and a 70 year old laugh.
DC is not a good comedian.
End of story.
I'm glad people enjoy his boring, unfunny, obvious, awkward, bland stuff.
But don't question my motives for preferring Bill Hicks videos from the 80's to watching DC live!:eek:
come ON! :o

Prodigy said:
it'd make it sad and bogus to me...

to each his own. some people like Led Zepplin. some people like dog poo. I don't like Led Zepplin or dog poo, but I don't need to tell you why. I am aware that lots of people like Led Zepplin though I don't agree. So what's the point to argue? Is it going to change your opinion? Not likely. Even if I said they eat dog poo, you'd still like them. So why *****.

Are you saying that you like Dane Cook?

i enjoy dane's comedy every once in a while. i understand why people don't like, him, but damned if i haven't thought about naming my first born son Optimus Prime because of him.

Wilhelm-Scream said:
A really good comedian can make a 6, 16, 21, 35 and a 70 year old laugh.
DC is not a good comedian.
End of story.
I'm glad people enjoy his boring, unfunny, obvious, awkward, bland stuff.
But don't question my motives for preferring Bill Hicks videos from the 80's to watching DC live!:eek:
come ON! :o

the guy who wrote the article did make a good point, Cook does kind of remind you of that guy in your dorm in college who was always trying too hard to impress girls and was always making stupid little inside jokes with his "friends."

fact.
I don't dig that.
It's not "Bogus" or "Sad", and I'd be happy to go on and on about how lame it is, IF I didn't have anything better to do at the time (and the author of the analysis obviously didn't. He was probably doing it to pay some rent or buy some groce.)...which to me is weird.

'Cause you'll see these guys eternally, incessantly b****ing...about?, "People that eternally, incessantly "B****".

And so, I just have to laugh at Prodigy. :csad:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"