An Interesting Critique of Dane Cook

I don't know if I'm a fan, but I did laugh a lot at both his albums. I like his stuff, not my favourite brand, but I like it none the less.

I don't dislike him because there's not enough "substance" or because he doesn't "take risks". I dislike him because he's not funny, at all. :huh:
Martin Freaking Lawrence has made me laugh at least a few times. The WAYans bro.s have at least made me chuckle.

I was excited to see him after hearing all the talk and, it just reminded me of talking to co-workers. :dry:

that kathy griffin picture is ****ing gross...

her only good quality is she ****s on celebrities.... after that the fire-crotching ***** can suck a deck and go to hell.

ShadowBoxing said:
I don't know about all that. I mean there was a guy on this place a while back...I don't have a picture (if someone could post one) who we affectionately named "James Bald". He contended he was better looking than Brad Pitt and most of the actors to portray Bond (except Connery...I think?). Now he was wrong, and had serious self delusions according to most here. However I suppose you could also say well it all comes down to opinion. But does it really. I mean there have to be some criteria by which you judge things if not some higher standard.

So I think maybe it's opinion to a point, but (and not necessarily pointing out anyone on this thread) you cannot go around saying he is really great or anything extrodinary.

I remember him! He kinda looked like a balding Andy Kaufman.

Cyclops said:
I remember him! He kinda looked like a balding Andy Kaufman.
Yeah, I mean the only reason I brought him up was to relive the loving memories. Seriously though, does anyone have a picture of James Bald..

oh by the way.. Paul Mooney owns all these comic ****s....

Equint77 said:
oh by the way.. Paul Mooney owns all these comic ****s....
B000E6EK1A.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Take that white muddaf***ers

ShadowBoxing said:
B000E6EK1A.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Take that white muddaf***ers
"I say the word n***a everyday. N***a n***a n***a. Keeps my teeth white."
Mooney for the win.

Dane Cook is funny. It's not smart humor. Dane Cook will fade away soon if he doesn't improve his humor through. He is entertaining to watch because of the way he acts, has a nice voice, but...get some new material. But since he's trying to start his movie career, I guess he can't come up wiht none.

And yet a year ago everyone praised him like he was Jesus. Make up your minds! :cmad:

Im a pretty big fan of stand up comedy. I do think Dane Cook is very funny because he does say things that I would say to my friends. Is it mature? No, but it's so ridiculous it's funny.

My other faves are:

Steven Wright
Lewis Black
Steven Lynch
Patrice O'Neal
Rich Vos
Jim Norton
Nick Swardson
Paul Mooney
Chris Rock
Dave Chappelle

Revolver_Ocelot said:
Im a pretty big fan of stand up comedy. I do think Dane Cook is very funny because he does say things that I would say to my friends. Is it mature? No, but it's so ridiculous it's funny.

My other faves are:

Steven Wright
Lewis Black
Steven Lynch
Patrice O'Neal
Rich Vos
Jim Norton
Nick Swardson
Paul Mooney
Chris Rock
Dave Chappelle
Well, the emboldened names show me that you're not stupid.
DC isn't funny though. I guess he doesn't physically hurt you as much as Tim Allen or that redhead with the Lucas-Throat....so that's fine, but he's not funny enough in my estimation, to be considered a "COMEDIENNE"...or even a Margaret Cho.:huh:

Really, in a worldfull of Bill Hicks, Andy Kaufman and Louie Black, I don't know why anyone would bother enough to buy tickets. :o

Dane Cook is alright with me he's no Richard Pryor, but I don't think every comedian has to be. He's likeable and mindless laughs isn't such a bad thing, I get tired of political and hateful jokes.

Yeah he'd make a awesome Deadpool.

He relates to his audience. Do I like smart, insightful comedians? Yes. But do I like a guy that is basically a funnier version of my friends and I? That too.

Besides, how the performer relates to his fans is important. Lots of comedians are funny, but they're complete *******s. Even if someone isn't as funny, if he's a nice guy who cares about his fans I'll like him more.

Wilhelm-Scream said:
Well, the emboldened names show me that you're not stupid.
DC isn't funny though. I guess he doesn't physically hurt you as much as Tim Allen or that redhead with the Lucas-Throat....so that's fine, but he's not funny enough in my estimation, to be considered a "COMEDIENNE"...or even a Margaret Cho.:huh:

Really, in a worldfull of Bill Hicks, Andy Kaufman and Louie Black, I don't know why anyone would bother enough to buy tickets. :o

Now, I'm not saying that the man isn't overrated, but I connect with his humor on a certain level.
The Kool-Aid guy bit has me cracking up whenever I even think about it.

Oh and I forgot Richard Pryor....how could I forget the great Richard Pryor?
But I could have done without all of those mudbone skits...jesus talk about mundane

deemar325 said:
Dane Cook is alright with me he's no Richard Pryor, but I don't think every comedian has to be. He's likeable and mindless laughs isn't such a bad thing, I get tired of political and hateful jokes.

Yeah he'd make a awesome Deadpool.

This too. You can only take so much angry and bitter comedy,no matter how insightful or whatever it is. Lewis Black, Paul Mooney, they're really funny, but its more fun IMO to watching the dumb goofy guy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"