Dr. Strange first trailer

Yeah, I believe this is Marvel's chance to really step up and give us something different. They knocked it out of the park with Ant-Man...that whole Macro look was incredible and I think they can really get some cool stuff in this film if they all their ducks in a row.
I was to feel like I'm on an acid trip for parts of this movie. Give me shots that my brain can't quite process.

I see the comparisons to BB,Inception and Matrix but I don't get why it's an issue for some people, This film can still be awesome and not everything needs to be original. Inception doesn't have to be the only great big mind bending film.

I seem to remember people accusing Inception of ripping off The Matrix. I mean The Matrix was inspired by comics and manga and I wouldn't be surprised if Steve Ditko made it in there too. These things can be cyclical.

when do you think the "full" trailer will hit?

Surprised to see some negative reactions, I really liked the trailer myself.

Very cool teaser. Love the visuals... especially the part with Mads in that morphing room.

Tilda as The Ancient One is inspired casting.

Surprised to see some negative reactions, I really liked the trailer myself.

Haven't been around all day but don't all first teasers get negative reactions. Recall them for GOTG and Ant Man most recently.

I love the teaser, I probably watched it half a dozen times while I was at work this morning. The music, the visuals and everything else was perfect. So hype for it.

Given some of the criticisms with the first teaser, can we just remember that the film literally wrapped up principal just over a week ago and is still in early post-production? All the CG goodness and post FX will come for a later trailer.

Given some of the criticisms with the first teaser, can we just remember that the film literally wrapped up principal just over a week ago and is still in early post-production? All the CG goodness and post FX will come for a later trailer.
I think many people forget that teasers are typically done near the end of filming or shortly after filming has ended, which means limited finished VFX. Teasers are always used to set up the character and their story, not show off the meat of the story and action. I think once we get a full trailer, we'll get a better idea of how the film will look and feel.

Been lurking on these forums for 4 years, finally jumped in and created an account a few days ago for that moment I *finally* got up the nerve to post something.

This teaser has made me de-lurk - it was everything I hoped it would be. It's a situation where I reckoned I would like what I saw but was pleasantly surprised to say that I loved what I saw. I just love living in a world where Doctor Strange is finally coming to the big screen. I cannot wait to see the end result.

I seem to remember people accusing Inception of ripping off The Matrix. I mean The Matrix was inspired by comics and manga and I wouldn't be surprised if Steve Ditko made it in there too. These things can be cyclical.
Good thing you mentioned that.
I patiently await fans of the good doctor to show panels showing the upside down city.

Been lurking on these forums for 4 years, finally jumped in and created an account a few days ago for that moment I *finally* got up the nerve to post something.

This teaser has made me de-lurk - it was everything I hoped it would be. It's a situation where I reckoned I would like what I saw but was pleasantly surprised to say that I loved what I saw. I just love living in a world where Doctor Strange is finally coming to the big screen. I cannot wait to see the end result.

You and me both :up:
Welcome to the Hype.

The INCEPTION shots of the trailer are some of my favorite of what we saw in the teaser. Obviously at this point there is no telling what they portend in the story.

Trailer—teaser? how far we've come from those TDK days when teasers were little more than vague backgrounds and voice-overs, but definitely not complaining—was amazing. Had to come out of lurkdom to join in on this general adoration. Everything about it looks more cinematic, in that award-worthy sense of the word, than anything I've ever seen come out of the MCU so far. The crew are clearly firing on all cylinders here. It's early days yet, but I do hope that the final product will have more colour, like unicorn vomit on celluloid, as that second poster seems to promise. If they're going for this clean, Nolan-y look, though, especially with with the Inception-y trippiness times infinity, it's difficult to see how they can deliver on that promise, but like I said, still early days yet. Otherwise, the teaser trailer hit all the right spots, getting me pretty well stoked.

I thought the trailer was beautifully shot. Lex is right in saying it looks more cinematic. The score is also wonderful.

Feels like Christopher Nolan's Doctor Strange and that's not a bad thing lol

The cinematography by Ben Davis looks great. He was DP on both GotG and AoU.

I do hope they bring in more color.

Agreed. How else can the war on drugs be won if they can't replicate their effects here to present a better, safer alternative? But "safer" might be stretching it if some might get it into their heads to make this injectable somehow. More seriously, the Thor movies with their Bifrost get pretty colourful, so our worries might be groundless if they can achieve that level of colour.

This looks much more interesting visually than GOTG and AOU imo. I'm very glad to see that they DID shoot film for the early India sequences, the Alexa 65 looks good (see the scene for example where he's lying on the gurney and sees the Night Nurse), I'm not sure they shot most of the film on the Alexa 65, I hope so.

Also, they JUST finished shooting this, how the hell are some here expecting more VFX heavy shots?! It's kinda impressive they already got this.

First off, I'll admit, I've never been a Dr. Strange fan. However, some of the marvel films have made me "like and care for" a few characters that I originally never liked (Thor and Captain America for example, never been fans of them but have enjoyed them in most of the films)
So I finally watched the trailer for Dr. Strange this morning. All I can say is it felt boring, and did nothing for me personally. The only thing it accomplished was reminding me of Batman Begins and making me want to watch that film again LOL.
Now......... I'm not basing my final judgment on this teaser trailer, but for me personally its going to have to do a lot more than that to get my attention.

It didn’t wow me or anything like that. I have to admit I know very little about Doctor Strange, but I liked the trailer.

I’m curious to see how much it sticks to the typical MCU formula and how much it deviates from it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"