Dr. Strange: Rotten Tomato Watch Thread

Both CW and DS are in 90% this year. A very good year for MCU.

Hopefully 90% is their new target going forward. :woot:

Guardians has good will with critics and a great chance you would think. Thor has a great shot as well, Taika is usually well liked by critics and I think they'll be intrigued by what he does in the genre with a huge budget. Homecoming is a looooong shot. :yay: Film could be great, but many critics will just say GO AWAY! not another....

If it's just a normal Spider-man film it might struggle yeah. Needs to differentiate effectively from all the other prior films.

If it's just a normal Spider-man film it might struggle yeah. Needs to differentiate effectively from all the other prior films.

Agreed. Love everything I've seen and read so far, but then I'm a fan. Marvel has it's work cut out to get Spidey back to where he should be. I think it'll take more then one great film.

I don't know, if they really do go all in on using high school movie tropes and stylistic elements, I could see that helping. Plus, it has the "advantage" of coming after three consecutive poorly-received movies.

To me, Taika is like a guaranteed 85+ at the very least.
GOTG2 is also a guaranteed 85+. First one had no plot, awful villain and such but the humor was on point and that covers up a lot of flaws in this bizz..look at deadpool.

Spidy is the one that might not get 85+. It could be around 80. Could go either way. But Thor 3 and GOTG2 are guaranteed imo.

This 90% rating has been like clockwork. For the last 40 or so reviews there has been almost EXACTLY 9 positive to 1 negative. It's almost like someone is sitting out there with their negative review and waiting for 9 positive to come in before posting it.

It's a CONSPIRACY I TELL YOU!!! IT'S A CONSPIRACY!!!!

It just reached 250 reviews, still at 90% (90.40 to be exact)
It would take 3 rotten reviews in a row to drop it to 89%, I think it's safe to say that it'll stay at at least 90% now.

It only needs 3 more positive reviews to get to 91%, let's see if it can get there.
Or will the conspiracy strike again? :p

It has held up so well. Great achievement to finish at 90.

It just reached 250 reviews, still at 90% (90.40 to be exact)
It would take 3 rotten reviews in a row to drop it to 89%, I think it's safe to say that it'll stay at at least 90% now.

It only needs 3 more positive reviews to get to 91%, let's see if it can get there.
Or will the conspiracy strike again? :p

You laugh now, but that 1 rotten review is about to drop and give it 25. What is 25 times 10??? 250!!! Coincidence??? I don't think so....

However, maybe that reviewer realizes I'm on to something and will deliberately withhold that rotten review just to prove me wrong. That could very well be the case as I've this sort of thing happen to me many, many times in the past and I'm getting very tired of it. If they would just knock it off and leave me alone, I'd be fine. We'll, those voices in my head are also rather annoying.

I don't think there have been any reviews for a couple of days now. Will they really dry up now? How many more do people think there will be at this point? It's just a few short of The Winter Soldier at this point and about 20 or 30 behind most of the other Marvel movies.

Either that or the critics have been reading my posts and trying to make me look bad. I'm still waiting for that rotten review s/he's been withholding.....

There probably won't be many more now, maybe a few more when the blu-ray comes out.

I don't think there have been any reviews for a couple of days now. Will they really dry up now? How many more do people think there will be at this point? It's just a few short of The Winter Soldier at this point and about 20 or 30 behind most of the other Marvel movies.

Either that or the critics have been reading my posts and trying to make me look bad. I'm still waiting for that rotten review s/he's been withholding.....

Movies usually keep getting reviews, even a few years after the release.
If a movie is released late in a year, it usually gets about 20-30 more reviews in the following year, then about 10-15 more in the year after that. TDW(2013) was released at the start of november too, and that got 10 more reviews in december, and it even got 6 more reviews this year.

So DS will catch up to the other MCU movies eventually. In a few years it will be close to 300.

So the reviews will keep coming, but they will be added slowly over time.

It looks like Fantastic Beasts is getting good reviews. 26 out of 26 fresh. It looks like Warner Brothers is paying off critics again....:o

Looks like that reviewer finally ran out of patience. The 25th rotten review has been added, bringing the score down to 90.08%.

It only needed 2 more reviews to get to 91%. But it looks like this will stay at 90% for the time being.

Looks like that reviewer finally ran out of patience. The 25th rotten review has been added, bringing the score down to 90.08%.

It only needed 2 more reviews to get to 91%. But it looks like this will stay at 90% for the time being.

It was prolly one of the mods. FlickChick has always had it in for me. She's one of those nasty women you've heard about recently. :o:o:o

Im glad I've gotten confirmation that I'm not paranoid. Really, I'm not......seriously, I'm not....I'm not kidding and I know you think I am, but it's not true.

Last edited:
This 90% rating has been like clockwork. For the last 40 or so reviews there has been almost EXACTLY 9 positive to 1 negative. It's almost like someone is sitting out there with their negative review and waiting for 9 positive to come in before posting it.

It's a CONSPIRACY I TELL YOU!!! IT'S A CONSPIRACY!!!!

You laugh now, but that 1 rotten review is about to drop and give it 25. What is 25 times 10??? 250!!! Coincidence??? I don't think so....

However, maybe that reviewer realizes I'm on to something and will deliberately withhold that rotten review just to prove me wrong. That could very well be the case as I've this sort of thing happen to me many, many times in the past and I'm getting very tired of it. If they would just knock it off and leave me alone, I'd be fine. We'll, those voices in my head are also rather annoying.

THEY'RE DOING IT TO ME AGAIN!!!! 234 Fresh and 25 Rotten for a total of 259 reviews ...... #26 is waiting in the wings....THIS CAN'T BE A COINCIDENCE......

Last edited:
If the next 5 reviews are all fresh, it will hit 91%. It's probably going to take about a week for 5 more reviews to come in.

Let's see if rotten reviewer #26 withholds his review long enough for that to happen. They must know you're on to them by now right?? Maybe they'll get scared and give up now!

If the next 5 reviews are all fresh, it will hit 91%. It's probably going to take about a week for 5 more reviews to come in.

Let's see if rotten reviewer #26 withholds his review long enough for that to happen. They must know you're on to them by now right?? Maybe they'll get scared and give up now!

I'm sure they DO know. I've been hearing these funny clicking sounds on my IPhone and my Mac and IPad are acting weird too. I'm pretty sure Rex Reed has been hacking my stuff. He's been working with the Mods to mess with me so you never know about #26.

It won't hit 91. I'm sure some negative ones will hit soon enough.

It won't hit 91. I'm sure some negative ones will hit soon enough.

Yeah....that one small clique of reviewers whose sole goal in life is to keep it at 90. :cwink:

9 out of 10, you can set your clock by it.

TOMATOMETER

91%
Average Rating: 7.3/10
Reviews Counted: 264
Fresh: 239
Rotten: 25

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"