Dr. Strange first trailer

Eh. I gave it a 6.

It just wasn't very exciting, and with the glut of superhero films these days, the focus on the origin story just didn't do anything for me. Also I recall being promised a Ditko acid trip, which, some nice Inception-ish shots aside, I didn't really see.

That being said, there wasn't anything BAD in the trailer. And I'm still looking forward to the film.

I never read much Dr. Strange, but I really liked the trailer. This is just a teaser and I think it did just that. With the Marvel branding and leaving a lot to mystery and the fame and popularity of Cumberbatch, I think this will be very successful.

I think the issue (with geeks who would know) is that Fiege promised visuals we've never seen before...and the first thing they show us is so blatantly something we've seen before.

Yes, we're all aware that more is coming and the effects aren't done. But people can only go on what they see...not what they assume might be coming down the pike.

Well then those people are fools for thinking like that.
Feige said that about the movie. Not the teaser.
This is a teaser. Clearly setup to show the character which most people don't know. Now what's the point of showing the ''visuals we've never seen before'' if you still have to release a couple more trailers ? People think they are entitled to so much when they should be grateful for the journey they are about to take us with and not ruin that journey by showing everything upfront.

Been lurking on these forums for 4 years, finally jumped in and created an account a few days ago for that moment I *finally* got up the nerve to post something.

This teaser has made me de-lurk - it was everything I hoped it would be. It's a situation where I reckoned I would like what I saw but was pleasantly surprised to say that I loved what I saw. I just love living in a world where Doctor Strange is finally coming to the big screen. I cannot wait to see the end result.

Well hello there. And hope to read more from you in the future.

Liked it a lot. The only things about it I didn't care for were Benedict not using his normal accent and his scraggly beard. His American accent sounds fine; I just wish he was using his normal one because it sounds so much more epic.

I'm literally at the point with Marvel Studios that I only need to see a teaser and nothing else.

That's how much confidence I have in them.

QFT

I don't even bother to much following the films like I used to. You just know they "get it".

Cumberbatch is a great actor, I'm sure he'll make best of use of an American one.

Great stuff. The trailer delivered almost everything I was hoping for in a teaser for Dr Strange. It set up the main character and the journey he will take, set up the kinds of powers that exist in this world and gave us a few impressive special effects shots. This movie is a very close second behind CW on the hype list for me.

Agreed. 10 out of 10.

That is good or bad?:huh:

Extremely good!

It harkens back to the days of reading comics in my bedroom as a kid and in high school during class. When I watch these movies I want to feel like that kid again--seeing all those incredible and fantastic imagery for the first time.

Oh, hk. I tought you meant that Cumberbatch made a cliche boyish grin in the trailer and I didn't knew if you liked that.

I loved the trailer, but does anyone feel it borrowed from Inception too much?

Not really. In Inception it was only 1 city/side collapsing with this shot it was waaaay more trippy you saw 4 cities/sides collapsing and then you had who I presume was Dr Strange flying in between the placement of those sides were very unique. Maybe you got that feel because of the ''tone'' of the teaser and cinematography. I've never really seen anything on film that we saw from this teaser (only bits and pieces) but this was the trippiest footage we've seen for a film ever and it's just a teaser imagine how it'll be with the film. Speaking of Inception, I always wished that Nolan could have sacrificed more of his realism for surrealism (especially with Batman and Inception).

I bet when the movie hits no other film in the history of film will ever come close to being as trippy as this one. It's going to make Inception look like childs play. Just think that they are holding back SO MUCH right now and what they showed so far is already trippier than anything else out there can you imagine how bananas it's going to be ?

So when do you guys think we will get our official trailer ? Or will they go with this teaser for another month or two and release the first trailer later on ?

I bet when the movie hits no other film in the history of film will ever come close to being as trippy as this one.

Man, this is such a huge exaggeration. Seems like you haven't seen things like The Holy Mountain by Jodorovsky or some similar stuff. I think Refn's The Neon Demon will be much more trippy than this...

But I am excited for this film, don't get me wrong. edit: And I have to say I'd be really happy if this is the trippiest of them all. :woot:

Last edited:
Honestly, the vibe I got from the city scene was less "a city folding around" and more "multiple cities intersecting with each other." It felt like there are multiple versions of the city separated by N-dimensional space, and Strange was being flung through said space, and thus perceiving the way these variant cities are in relation to each other.

I'm late score this, but can't wait second trailer coming out

Yea, I think it's strange (no pun intended). You have a million ways how to present magic in a film and you choose something sooo similar to and recognizable as Inception visuals. Not only the changing cityscape but Arthur's corridor fight thing, etc. It looks great in trailer, but really derivative too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
osayi
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"