Dragon’s Dogma 2

Deck Rickard

Lord of Frenzied Flame
Reaction score
Surprised there wasn’t already a thread for this. Dragon’s Dogma 2 releases on 3/22 and people are already saying it’s the Game of the Year. And from what I’ve seen of the gameplay and the world, I believe it. As someone who thought the first one was some garbage, no one is more surprised than I am. But this looks absolutely amazing. Gamer god FightinCowboy (whose tutorials are the primary reason I was able to beat Elden Ring, Bloodborne and Lords of the Fallen) said it’s a masterpiece and it’s his pick for GOTY. I trust his judgment, so I’ll definitely be getting this one. Might wait a little while until the price comes down though.

And on top of that, another game riddled with Denuvo DRM.

Was putting together a compatibility guide for playing the game under Linux/Steam Deck which required me to use various Proton versions. Apparently each of these counted as an individual PC and triggered the Denuvo tamper protection. Now I can't play at all on any of my systems for the crime of trying to help more users enjoy the game.

Really sucks to see a game like this, that in many ways seems to be a masterpiece, marred by some bafflingly stupid design decisions and anti-consumer practices.

So I’m hearing that you can only have ONE save in this game, meaning that you can’t create a new character for a different playthrough unless you delete the first one you created. WTF?! Why would Capcom do that?

The microtransactions stuff is a total beat up. I've been playing it just fine and didn't even know there were any. You don't need to spend a cent, so shouldn't impact your enjoyment.

I've been having a lot of fun with it but I still kinda wish it was a bigger evolution from Dragons Dogma 1? But if you're basically after more of that, with updated graphics, then that's what we've got haha

I’m still going to get this game (the microtransactions are sleazy but I can just ignore them like I do with Ubisoft games) but I’m holding off until they get the performance issues worked out and you can start a new game if you want. So many of these game studios launch games that are buggy as hell and it never goes over well. And it’s a shame because a lot of those games turn out to be pretty good once they do enough updates, but by that point, people have already deemed the game a piece of crap (Lords of the Fallen 2023 comes to mind).

I’m still going to get this game (the microtransactions are sleazy but I can just ignore them like I do with Ubisoft games) but I’m holding off until they get the performance issues worked out and you can start a new game if you want. So many of these game studios launch games that are buggy as hell and it never goes over well. And it’s a shame because a lot of those games turn out to be pretty good once they do enough updates, but by that point, people have already deemed the game a piece of crap (Lords of the Fallen 2023 comes to mind).

The performance issues will take some time but there's no way of knowing if they'll actually be able to fix the performance issues. This game is so heavily CPU dependent that even the best gaming CPUs on the market will see huge fps drops when you enter into any of the city areas.

The original game only had 1 save slot so that probably won't change.

I like a good comeback story, but Triple Early AAAccess is going to tank the big publishers if they don't get their **** together. I used say there's no real reason to preorder but these days there's no real incentive to purchase a game at launch.

Last edited:
lol, was that one poster I responded to an AI or something? Is that why their posts were removed? Because everything they posted sounded like it came from ChatGPT

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"