Dragonball HQ

Discussion in 'Misc. TV Series' started by Gotham22, Aug 14, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gotham22

Gotham22 Well-Known Member

2. MoPlaYa

MoPlaYa Crazy Guy

I have all DBZ box sets and the first DB

3. Karelia

Karelia Somebody Save Me

The Dragon Ball (Z) Box only has japanese music. Which I find really, really boring and makes the filler episodes just unwatchable. The good thing about it (well for some people) that it isn't in widescreen. That really didn't bother me with the orange sets. I have a few seasons of the orange season box sets. It barely cuts out anything so I never understood what the big deal was. I'm really not missing much by not being able to see all of Goku's hair, am I? xD

The only seasons I have is 1-3. I have yet to get anymore of them. I'd like to at some point, though.

4. MoPlaYa

MoPlaYa Crazy Guy

i have 1 thur 9 of DBZ and season 1 of DB

5. BrollySupersj

BrollySupersj Fantastic spider powers

I still have yet to pick of the DBZ seasons, but I aim to.

As for DBGT, I completely dismiss that from the DB/Z universe. Such crap...

6. Jdeadevil

Jdeadevil Well-Known Member

You know, suprisingly I haven't seen how Dragonball GT ends. I only saw untill the giant worm bit, and then got sick of the stupid repeats given to me by stupid british television!! :(

7. BrollySupersj

BrollySupersj Fantastic spider powers

Save yourself the misery and dismiss what you saw. The various plot holes and inconsistencies make it a 101% HORRIBLE sequel to Z. Consider it non-canon and enjoy Z.:cwink:

8. YÅ«gi's BM

YÅ«gi's BM Well-Known Member

I do look forward to getting the DragonBox. I'll finally be able to watch the series 'the way it was meant to be seen', or at least in the proper 4:3 aspect ratio. I'm glad the audio will be an improvement too, as the Japanese mono was really bad on the Orange Bricks.

9. anarchistguy

anarchistguy Well-Known Member

10. spidey-dude

spidey-dude Y.N.W.A

I managed to catch all of it over here a few years ago with no problems - if anything I wish i hadnt dragonball gets terrible after frieza is defeated imo

11. Karelia

Karelia Somebody Save Me

Well, I'm pretty sure the creator wanted to stop after the Frieza saga, but it was so popular he got demanded for more. I think someone else started helping him out a lot more after that... I could be totally wrong about this, it just seems like I've read that before.

I never finished DBGT, I watched up to where King Yama sends Piccolo to "Hell", I stopped somewhere after that. I was buying the single DVD's with few episodes on it. A time period went on without me buying one, then I just lost interest in GT. This was quite awhile back though. :D

Last edited: Nov 16, 2009
  12. Jdeadevil

Jdeadevil Well-Known Member

I will be loyal to these words.

What about Cell man? He eats people with his tail, that's pretty cool!

13. spidey-dude

spidey-dude Y.N.W.A

nah, for me it lost the essence of what dragonball was allabout after the frieza saga, it became silly

a great ending to db was goku going super saiyan as the chosen one and beating the galaxy ruling frieza, what follows just diminishes gokus journey imo

oddly enough though I did always like the character trunks

14. MoPlaYa

MoPlaYa Crazy Guy

I have all the DBZ seasons 1-9
    I have DB seasons 1 and 2..... when does DB season 3 come out on dvd?

15. GoblinWhirlwind

GoblinWhirlwind Calibrations

Anyone got the first Dragon Box yet? I still wish they would've came out with a huge complete series/movies box, but these will still look lined up next to eachother.

16. Nathan

Nathan ...

I thought you people might like this. Someone posted it on gamefaqs in the Raging Blast 2 boards. It's a fan based manga that is actually well drawn and written. The humor and characterizations are suprisingly intact and just like what we are used to from Akira Toriyama's original works.

To the Manga

Last edited: Nov 1, 2010
  17. ÆON

ÆON Well-Known Member

Never heard of this before, so I went in with pretty low expectations thinking, "I'll give it a quick look, but it'll probably be horrible." But honestly, I'm really enjoying the read. I've just started Ch. 3, and probably the best thing about it thus far is replicating the humor of the original comics.

18. Nathan

Nathan ...

I like that they don't come up with dumb new Transformations like the AF fanfiction. And they also don't mess with the regular Universe that everyone knows. It's as good as untouched, but instead we get a look at various different Dimensions, where events took a different turn. And it's great to see these characters interact with each other.

19. ÆON

ÆON Well-Known Member

Just finished reading all the chapters. Very enjoyable read, and I'm looking forward to more from this series. In my mind, I've decided that this is the continuity of what happens after DBZ instead of DBGT.

And I agree with you about how it's a good thing that they've stayed away from anymore transformations. It gets pretty ridiculous when you see some people try to make Goku go Super Saiyan 10.

All the alternate universes are pretty interesting too. I'm curious to see how powerful the super fusioned Namek is.

20. venom892

venom892 Coming Home

I discovered this a while ago and spent a whole afternoon reading it.It has the spirit of the original work and I like what's been done with the different universes.

21. Malco1989

Malco1989 Member

This is great.

22. Team Andino

Team Andino The Paragon of Virtue

Wow I only checked out a couple pages of the first volume and I gotta say I'm pretty interested in checking out more. Artwork looks great!

23. Goldenage Batman

Goldenage Batman More Hated then Feared

Seeing how this forum was first called Dragonball before Anime/Manga I think we should have a major DB thread around.

This thread is all about the Dragonball, DBZ, and DBGT sagas. Discuss your favorite moments, characters, storylines, or whatever from the animes or mangas.

24. Donut

Donut Well-Known Member

I miss the Goku & Vegeta Bromance

25. misjuevos

misjuevos WUUHAAAAAAAAA!

oh yeah a dragonball thread. just started rewatching the whole series with my 9yr old nephew. he loves it. we finished dragonball and are watching dbz now. i have to say dragon ball the original holds up still to this day. it's funny and has lots of tournaments. my nephew really like the tournaments.

the first series really was about the quest for dragonballs, training and the tournaments, until piccolo shows up. dbz is more about defeating evil. i kind of like the adventure of dragonball more than the action of dbz.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.