The Spectacular Spider-Man Complete First Season on DVD in July

I hope you're not taking me seriously :oldrazz:

* hugs Golgo-13*

The 90s series sucked. It did have some good episodes but most of them sucked.

The Spectacular Spider-Man is the best media adaption of Spider-Man ever! Period.

Back on topic, I do wish that I could get this season set but considering that I don't live in the U.S, it's pretty hard for me to get it. Hopefully, a swedish site that had the volumes would import the season set so I could easily buy it from there.

Well, lets not go that far...

I loved the 90's Spider-Man.

But after this series has went on, to me this is hands down the best Spider-Man adaption yet. And I was VERY surprised knowing Sony was behind it and knowing they were behind three of the worse Spider-Man adaptions yet and maybe even three more.

But after this series has went on, to me this is hands down the best Spider-Man adaption yet. And I was VERY surprised knowing Sony was behind it and knowing they were behind three of the worse Spider-Man adaptions yet and maybe even three more.
Hey, Spider-man 2 was great.

All three can be great if you don't expect to see Spider-Man actually in character.

all three sam raimi films have their good parts and their bad parts. I still enjoy all of them. And i hope he will have less studio hassles this time around with 4th film and is able to fix some mistakes that were made last time around.

I finally picked up the first season and it's awesome.

The two special features are great, but I wish they interviewed Sean "Cheeks" Galloway a little more. He's the lead character designer and he said like two lines.

I met him a few times because he's from San Diego, where I live, and he came to my art school like during the pre-production on the show. He was in the last stages of Spidey's final design and he said it was his like 40th pass at him. He said Sony and Hasbro and EVERYONE had their hand in it, and were asking him to do things like make Spidey's thighs thicker because Hasbro said toys with thicker thighs sold better to little kids.

And he wasn't used to making the characters more three dimensional to animate easier because his style is very distinct and has a unique perspective when he poses his characters. He's the coolest guy and I'm glad he has his dream job.

You can check out his stuff, which is freaking awesome, here:

http://cheeks-74.deviantart.com/

Hope y'all digs!

I just got my copy of Season 1 two days ago. It's outstanding, but it could've used more special features. I would've loved to see more in-depth interviews with the voice actors. Vocal performance is an under rated art form, and the people who excel at it rarely recieve the credit they deserve.

That's the one thing that bothers me about the season 1 DVD, lack of special features. And according to Greg they filmed a lot of stuff for the DVD.

Originally Posted by powerbomb1411

So do I! Hell, I wish the whole series was released on DVD, but when this show came out, I realized that this show is just better. TSSM is, without a doubt, the best cartoon adaption ever, if you ask me.

yea i still love the 90s series with all its faults it had for its time, but this series i think is an overall better go at it, and has branched multiple eras of the character and found a good balance.

Alright, I'm probably going to end up picking this up tomorrow after holding it off but before I do, any news about it being put on blu-ray?

Iron Man: Armored Adventures Season 1 is getting blu-ray so I thought I'd ask quick.

Well, lets not go that far...
I agree. The only thing that I really ever despised about the '90s cartoon series was the animation-style. I found that it was just absolutely terrible viewing heavy action sequences in the show because they would always have to have those complicated animations. Surely, the show may look good in a screencap-form. However, in motion, it was pretty disorienting. While 'The Spectacular Spider-Man', not only looks great in screencap-form but, looks great in motion. Although I say that 'Spectacular Spider-Man' is better than the '90s series, I will say that the '90s series would be a little closer towards 'The Spectacular Spider-Man' if only it's animation was easier to view. But still, they're both great.

oh totally both the 90s show and TSSM have their positive and their negatives. But in the end i think TSSM is overall a little bit better. As for going to bluray from what it looks like right now thats not the plan. But maybe if ratings for season 6 second half and a 3rd season happen maybe bluray releases could be down the road.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"