Dragonball moves to April 8th 2009

This might lead us all to belive that perphaps fox is actually looking at the feed back they were generating from the buzz of this movie. Perphaps posts such as ours actually made a difference and someone at fox said....hmmm guys stop...dont crap on this movie...lets make it worth while, i think we can really make somthing here.

I think movie to april is a FANTASTIC thing! it means more time for perfection. Now they can really take their time on the editing and the special effects. Im very pleased with this decsion.

I have to say I never expected FOX to move the release date.

It makes no sense from a financial point of view. I think they will lose money doing this, and I have no idea why they don't see this.

It makes no sense from a financial point of view. I think they will lose money doing this, and I have no idea why they don't see this.

I think it is very obvious they don't care or maybe they saw some rough footage and realized that their $75 million or so has gone to waste which excludes sfx budget so they decided to move it to next year and do some major reshoots or fire Wong and hire new director.

How will they lose money?

And DBZ2cool, I hope you're right and they hire a director with a slightly better record than Wong's, but since the movie's basically done filming, I doubt that will happen.

I think it is very obvious they don't care or maybe they saw some rough footage and realized that their $75 million or so has gone to waste which excludes sfx budget so they decided to move it to next year and do some major reshoots or fire Wong and hire new director.
And waste even more money?

Sorry but that's quite a huge fantasy. It's not gonna happen.

And waste even more money?

Sorry but that's quite a huge fantasy. It's not gonna happen.

I never said they will spend more money on this.

They probably won't at all and they will just release it and hope for the best.

i honestly think this movie won't do well in the box office regardless of when they release. even with the release date change, Dragonball will only have a month until Wolverine comes out.

April??? Isn't that kind of... a ****ty month... for movies?

Grr.

At least if it had been released in the summer it would have done (hopefully) reasonably well in the box office, since summer is THE time everyone sees movies. April is... crappy.

Well, at least we'll have a more finished movie. Plus my birthday is the 5th so that will be a nice birthday treat. :p

Well, at least we'll have a more finished movie. Plus my birthday is the 5th so that will be a nice birthday treat. :p

It can never hurt to have more time to work on a film. :applaud

craig, you should get an avatar! you have enough posts...

Holy cow that's far, where just in 2008 blah. I guess this can give them time to stuff on the film and make to where the fans think its perfect.

More time to lounge here I suppose.

I don't understand what 'Jappo' is talking about. Dude, if they're barely scanning the actors for the toys, and the TOY FAIR last month showcased prototypes of fellow summer movies ALREADY (Dark Knight, Hulk, Iron Man, Hellboy 2), there's something hardcore wrong. The movie won't be ready for its August release.

The bottom line is, yeah April is a lame month for movies. However, now I'm expecting some quality, not a typical RUSHED 90 minute Fox movie. They've been doing this for there more recent movies as of late: Hitman, Alien Vs. Predator 2, and the list goes on. They need to change their way of thinking.

DragonBall could be their NEXT franchise, not some hackjobed money making flick. Fox needs to treat their properties a LITTLE bit better, and with Dragonball, it's a step in the right direction.

Señor O'Brien;14251071 said:
Fox sure does love screwing up a good franchise don't they :cmad:

How is it screwing it up? If anything, it's for the better.

I'd say it's for the better too.

It can never hurt to have more time to work on a film. :applaud

Well, this could end up being similar to what Sony did with Ghost Rider? They waited almost a whole year to release that film after filming was completed and it still sucked. If Fox has already spent 75million on this film how much more money will be spent in the next year? The budget could spiral out of control and Fox may end up with another box office failure.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"