Dramatic Reimagining of ‘Fresh Prince of Bel Air’ in the Works

People then just weren’t paying attention.

FaintFamousAngwantibo-max-1mb.gif

Oh they cast black black people for this. Alright Mr. Smith!

I'll be willing to give this a go, no matter how farfetched I think this whole gimmick is.

I’m still a bit reluctant. Fresh Prince is one of my favourite sitcoms, as it was a part of my childhood! Even made my parents buy the DVD’s as a kid! Just the balance between humour, heart and drama was great, same with the characters!

Will still give this a go and hope things turn out well!

Trying to figure out why they casted Lisa when she was only there for a season and Will never married her; which is a shame since it would've been a better ending to the show and Will's journey.

Cause they want Will to have a main love interest right off the bat.

God forbid they have him date girl to girl like the original with nothing serious!

Trying to figure out why they casted Lisa when she was only there for a season and Will never married her; which is a shame since it would've been a better ending to the show and Will's journey.
I guess to have it differ completely from the original series? And who knows, this show might not even make it past a second season so maybe they’re trying to jam a bit of everything from the original series onto 2 seasons

I have extremely low expectations for this series. I love the original series and the reunion last year was more than enough, but everything I’ve heard about this new remake sounds lame. I’ll wait to hear fan reactions before watching

Not a single one of us are prepared for how horny the internet is about to be for Uncle Phil.
Or the new aunt Vivian. Damn..

Seriously though, a dramatic remake of a classic sucessful 90s sitcom? I'm totally confused here..

That was neat.

Ugh…

Why couldn’t they just do a continuation from the original series?

Because they want it to be serious and dramatic now. Which is just what we need in the world where *waves at everything going on* is going so swell that we can use some more drama in our lives.

This just seems so weird.

I thought it would be a reimagining with the basic idea but new spin but here they’re remaking EXACT episode plots except played for “real”.

Last edited:
waited for the scene, where the gang was spinning him around.
But can’t wait for the remake of my favourite episode, where he sells ashley’s violin for a drumset and Jazzy teaching her drums

I think it doesn’t look that bad honestly lol.

Jimmy Akingbola as Geoffrey is some solid casting. Akingbola played Idris Elba's brother in his semi autobiographical sitcom 'In The Long Run'. Jimmy's niece actress, Fola Evans-Akingbola would make a good guest supporting character. Fola was in Black Mirror Striking Vipers episode and Freeform series Sirens.

I'll give this a chance, but I really do wish this wasn't connected to Fresh Prince of Bel-Air at all. If it wasn't for that I'd be alot more interested honestly because it actually looks like a well-made and well-acted show.

I have nothing against this cast either because they all seem like really solid actors, but man the casting for Uncle Phil just feels so off to me for some reason and I've seen Adrian Holmes in other stuff and while he's a good actor I'm just not feeling the same charm and energy James Avery brought to the role.

It sucks that it looks like so much of the fun and charm of the original show is pretty much being sucked out of this iteration which is what made that show so enjoyable IMO.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"