Drive-Thru Rap Order Lands Teens in Trouble with the Law

THe fact is, writing and rapping a song is about 10x harder than writing (and let's be fair most of them don't write their material themselves) and singing a song.

THe fact is, writing and rapping a song is about 10x harder than writing (and let's be fair most of them don't write their material themselves) and singing a song.

That's not any kind of fact at all.
Some people are gifted singers, some are gifted rappers, some are good at both.
It's the same level of skill to write good rap lyrics as it does a good song lyric.
About the only diiference between them is that when a person is singing they have to have a melody to sing their lyrics to, and have to actually come up with one that sounds good, preferably catchy, and hopefully doesn't sound too similar to the billion and one songs that have come before it. Rappers don't have to come up with melodies.

Rappers do use melodies, otherwise they'd just be speaking. Rapping and singing are essentially the same thing.

I agree. What separates rap from the rest of music is the evolution of the backbeat from blues and rock'n'roll and Reggae music into what is commonly considered the birth of hip hop in the 70s.

Throughout the 80s there was a diversification of rap sub-genres it was discovered and now you all listen to Jay-Z or whatever dumbass ain't got no respect for his elders now.

I'm a little unsure about this, we're really only getting quotes from the teens about what happened and of course they're going to say they were innocent. However, more likely were being total jerks. If they're version is true, then yeah, a ticket shouldn't be issued, but if they were "cursing and disrupting business" as the night manager said they should be taught a lesson. Plus, what McDonald's employee is going to take the time to write down a licsence plate number and call the cops if it was just for the rapping their order.

1. A little opinionated without knowing the whole story, don't you think?
2. Ummm, the McDonald's rap is a very well known song. It was originally created by McDonald's to win a prize.
3. Because of number 2, and because it was a micro meme on the internet, it is very annoying to McDonald's employees.
4. Yes. They will take the time to do petty bs. They work at McDonald's, their time is not precious.

I bet there was a strange spike in rapped drive-thru orders, directly following the publication of this article. Poor Utah.

Rappers do use melodies, otherwise they'd just be speaking. Rapping and singing are essentially the same thing.

A bare minimum of melody then, enough to make it a different cadence from straight out talking. But try humming the 'melody' that a rapper uses, it's not exactly a musical tune, more of a varied beat. It's like comparing the combined sounds coming from each part of a set of drums, rather than the musical notes on a scale that would be played on a piano or guitar.

A bare minimum of melody then, enough to make it a different cadence from straight out talking. But try humming the 'melody' that a rapper uses, it's not exactly a musical tune, more of a varied beat. It's like comparing the combined sounds coming from each part of a set of drums, rather than the musical notes on a scale that would be played on a piano or guitar.

That would be an acoustic cover of a Ludacris song. Granted there's some obvious liberties taken, point is that you can totally take a rap song and play it on guitar and it is still music.

Please, stop. :(

Sugarhill Gang's "Rapper's Delight" alone proves you wrong:

Flow and cadence in a rap song can be just as melodically varied as songs that are sung. Besides, music is above genre. I'm sure you're aware of several classic songs being redone in a different style or genre, with the same exact lyrics, and sound completely different.

Please, stop. :(

Sugarhill Gang's "Rapper's Delight" alone proves you wrong:

Flow and cadence in a rap song can be just as melodically varied as songs that are sung. Besides, music is above genre. I'm sure you're aware of several classic songs being redone in a different style or genre, with the same exact lyrics, and sound completely different.

Ok, point well made.

But, melodywise I stress, I think it's a little tougher on a singer to come up with a catchy melody that hasn't been done before in popular song.
A rap doesn't have to have that kind of melody to be compelling, rappers can rely on things like speed of delivery, and all these little vocal twists and turns, which are just as skillful an art. It's just that, for the rapper, coming up with a good new melody isn't the be-all and end all for their lyrics.
For a songwriter/singer it kind of is if they want the song to register with people .

Someone go to McDonalds & rap

"Yo, yo, yo, I want a numba numba numba #1. Go go go go McD"

:hehe:

Exactly what part of that do you think is rap?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"