Home Alone Remake is Official

I seriously don't get why they'd remake Home Alone. The movie is timeless, there's nothing in there to modernize.

Man, I thought I was being sarcastic, but that casting would work in this remake.

Whew. When I saw this thread it scared for a bit.

As long as they don’t remove the original from the service, it doesn’t matter.

Totally against this, but that's a solid cast! The first one is not only my favorite Christmas movie ever, it is one of my favorite movies of all time. We'll see.

Calling it right now, they're gonna use the most predictable of Alexa jokes in this.

So Kemper and Delaney are the new Wet Bandits?

I don‘t have any high expectations for this. If it’s on D+ it won‘t hurt anybody - we can watch it or not.
The original belongs to the seasons - I wonder how many would‘ve rewatched it every december if wouldn‘t had a Christmas setting

Last edited:
The original will be untouched. It’s truly a classic at this point. But I can’t really get upset about this considering the later sequels. This can’t be any worse than Home Alone 3, or especially Home Alone 4 (yes, there was that piece of DTV garbage).

Also, in this day and age, the McCallisters would probably be arrested for seemingly abandoning their child and leaving them home alone.
Then get doxxed on social media... outed and cancelled - fired from their jobs.

Seems this will be loosely based on Home Alone in every sense of the word.

Here’s the apparent plot:

'Jojo Rabbit' Breakout Archie Yates to Lead ‘Home Alone’ Reboot

In other words its a random movie, with the home alone brand thrown on it... that's like sticking a cop on a cruise ship that has been over taken and on course for hitting the dock and calling it speed 2..... oh wait

I'm not shocked. When you think about it, Home Alone 3 was in and of itself a remake of sorts, and I have to say the reason for the kid being home alone in that one was more logical than the first two movies. And then there were two DTV sequels, one of which was a continuation of Kevin's story with a completely different cast. So it's nothing new. They're just trying to cash in again.

Idk what problems you guys have - I hate the new Dumbo movie, but I still can enjoy the original movie.
If you hate, just don‘t watch it - the original remains untouched

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"