World Eddie Brock's Club House...

Status
Not open for further replies.
My quick synopsis of "Anti-Venom: New Ways to Live":

If part 1 is just a sample, then you're basically reading the love-child of"Venom: Lethal Protector" & "Venom : Funeral Pyre". Mediocre so far.

^^ Tbh, i'm reallly enjoying New Ways To Live so far. I have a feeling it's going to get better. :up:

I checked it out and enjoyed it. It has potential and if things keep strong, this could be a bold new direction for Brock. I do like Jenna for the sole fact that she could be what Brock's been lacking for a while, a supporting cast. I actually enjoyed several lines here. I loved how surprised Brock got toward the end that he didn't even finish suiting up, also when the Jockey guy spit in his face I laughed at Brock's response. If they hammer out a clear mission for Brock then I think this will be a success. Overall I think this is a good start, but if there is more added and built up then it will be all the better. Anyone else want to go into detail what they thought about this and even share ideas for the Brock's future?

I find Jenna's relationship with Brock to be quite an intresting read though I'm afriad that writers might either forget her or kill her off.

I'm liking new ways to live, and I'm starting to like the Anti-Venom design aswell. I'm eager for more.

I wish Venom would have his classic look back.

Classicvenomcover.jpg

:( sigh... ah well, I suppose Anti-Venom looks okay.

Venom Updates: How Will It Tie Into Spider-Man Franchise?

http://screenrant.com/venom-updates-tie-spiderman-franchise-rob-27761/

“We’ve written two drafts of Venom, and the studio has it, and they’re pushing forward in whatever ways they push forward,”
As for when the film going move into actual production, the writers said they weren’t sure and re-iterated that they’ve submitted their latest two drafts.
With Spider-Man 4 moving into production early next year for a summer, 2011 opening, fans are curious as to when we might expect this film - Could it come before or around the game time? Could the movies cross-over?
“We can’t really talk about that, unfortunately… Basically, the studio and Marvel and the Arads are taking our drafts and going beyond and figuring out what’s the next step.”

Hmmm,two drafts? I wonder if one was him as the anti-hero and the another has him as the evil monster he started out as?

The idea of Eddie Brock/Venom as an anti-hero vigilante is absurd. Read the graphic novel Avengers: Deathtrap the Vault. Venom is portrayed as an irredeemably insane, sadistic murderer.

I feel the same way. I like him as an evil monster(and if fact,that's how he became so popular...as a villain). It's like with Freddy Krueger. I love him as the cruel,unfunny dream killer he was in the first 3 Nightmare movies.

Okay so, I rediscovered my love for the Eddie Brock/Venom character. I've picked up some of his comics (going to pick up some more), but is the Anti Venom: New Ways To Live good or bad? I was also going to get Dark Origin too. I'm planning on picking them up, but I'd like to hear you guys' likes and dislikes about them if that's cool. :D I actually like the idea Venom as an anti-hero. So uh, don't eat me alive. And I like the design of Anti-Venom, I mean theirs some little details I'd change but yeah.

http://www.newsarama.com/php/multimedia/album.php?aid=31468
New Ways to Live #2 Preview up.
is the Anti Venom: New Ways To Live good or bad? I was also going to get Dark Origin too. I'm planning on picking them up, but I'd like to hear you guys' likes and dislikes about them if that's cool. :D I actually like the idea Venom as an anti-hero. So uh, don't eat me alive. And I like the design of Anti-Venom, I mean theirs some little details I'd change but yeah.
It depends on who you ask. I personally enjoyed it and like this direction for Brock, just adding the simple element of healing can take him a long way storywise. I feel I may be a heretic but at this point, I actually don't want the old symbiote back with Brock and think it may be a bad decision if they ever do so. In terms of the mini, I thought it was great, looking at Brock's narration, you can actually see how he's changed and is slowly moving forward. The art was well done and there are a couple good lines and moments within the issue. If you're not sure, I would read around and see what different reviewers who liked the book and didn't like the book had to say.

http://www.newsarama.com/php/multimedia/album.php?aid=31468
New Ways to Live #2 Preview up.

It depends on who you ask. I personally enjoyed it and like this direction for Brock, just adding the simple element of healing can take him a long way storywise. I feel I may be a heretic but at this point, I actually don't want the old symbiote back with Brock and think it may be a bad decision if they ever do so. In terms of the mini, I thought it was great, looking at Brock's narration, you can actually see how he's changed and is slowly moving forward. The art was well done and there are a couple good lines and moments within the issue. If you're not sure, I would read around and see what different reviewers who liked the book and didn't like the book had to say.

I actually agree with everything you said lol :hyper:

Reading a lot of people's reviews on other sites, most complain about him being an anti-hero. And I don't mind that he is. And his costume is another thing people seem to complain about, but it's mainly him being an anti hero and not a villain. And I personally, think the white costume looks awesome. :D

I'm pretty positive I'll like it. It just seems to be a lot of negativity towards Eddie Brock/Venom lately.

I like the look and such, though three things:
1.) I like how he looked when JrJr (and the current cover artist) draw him; the reddened mouth, blackened teeth and red eyes. I don't really want the tongue to come back into play.

2.) I at times want Brock to put his own spin on the costume and not look like an inverted Gargan-Venom, though I noticed something weird. Now that Gargan is the "Sinister Spider-man" and he "venomed out" in a few issues, he's now fully the old Venom in a visual standpoint...odd.

3. ) I think it would be cool if at the end of this mini, Brock decides on a new name, something more to the point like Cure, Antidote (it is the opposite of Venom) or something along those lines. (I'm crappy with healing names, I'm making them sound cheesy hehe) If he stays named Anti-Venom I'll be fine with it though.

I like the look and such, though three things:
1.) I like how he looked when JrJr (and the current cover artist) draw him; the reddened mouth, blackened teeth and red eyes. I don't really want the tongue to come back into play.

2.) I at times want Brock to put his own spin on the costume and not look like an inverted Gargan-Venom, though I noticed something weird. Now that Gargan is the "Sinister Spider-man" and he "venomed out" in a few issues, he's now fully the old Venom in a visual standpoint...odd.

3. ) I think it would be cool if at the end of this mini, Brock decides on a new name, something more to the point like Cure, Antidote (it is the opposite of Venom) or something along those lines. (I'm crappy with healing names, I'm making them sound cheesy hehe) If he stays named Anti-Venom I'll be fine with it though.

Maybe Serum or something like that...

I just read the Venom vs Carnage mini-series. The one where Toxin is born. I really liked the story, but the art was too CGI. But still a fun read. :D Also read the Ultimate Spiderman: Venom Arc. Really enjoyable. Even though Venom was only in it for like, 5 pages. That was a disappointment, but they did an excellent job on everything. I'll try and track down the game so I can get the other half of the story.

Guess I'll be getting Venom: Dark Origins next. And maybe Lethal Protector or a Todd Mcfarlane Venom TPB. :D

Last edited:
This thread has been closed due to long loading times that are slowing down our servers. You are welcome to start a new thread on this topic. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"