DTL Season 4-Week 8 (Set 3)

wiegeabo

Omniposcient
Reaction score
The rules:
This is one of four threads, each containing two match ups.
The threads will be in use for 6 days.
Days 1-4 (Thursday-Sunday) are strictly setup time for owners to plead their cases, tell us their team’s strategies, breakdown the match ups, and do whatever else they can/want to do to try and convince you that their team would pull out a victory. Please, let the owners do this on their own with no help from you, the fan.

When Day 5 (Monday) rolls around, I’ll post and tell everyone that voting may begin. Only after doing so will voting start. Any votes cast before I open voting will not count.
To vote, look over the matchups and read the owners strategies and take them into consideration. Afterwards, use your best judgment to decide who you think has the best chance to win the match up and post up the teams you think will prevail.
(Note: The length of a writeup is up to the owner. Do not punish owners just for having a shorter writeup.)

To vote, give each writeup a score out of 10, with the team you feel winning the match earning the higher score. No tie votes are allowed, one team must get a higher score, even if only by a single vote.

Remember, to vote for each match up or your vote will not count!

The teams with the highest vote total at the end of the 6th day (Tuesday) will get a W while the other will get an L.

The battleground for this week is: New Genesis, Home of the New Gods.

Simple Kind of Lovelies
Fernus DU
Jaine Warlock MU
Praetor Lemnos DM
Nemesis DR
Deadpool MR

VS.

Justice Society
Superman (102nd Century) (DU)
Iron Man (Sorceror Supreme) (MU)
Comet Man (MM)
Hawkman (DR)
Devil Slayer (MR)

Superman looks around and thinks to himself: New Genesis?

Iron Man then appears before him.

Stark: Nice to see you again, Superman.

Superman: You too, Iron Man.

Hawkman and Devil Slayer appear then also, followed momentarily by Comet Man.

They receive the listing of their opponents for the week.

Superman: Fernus, a martian. Pretty much as strong as me.

Iron Man: Jaine Warlock, her mental prowess and powers are amazing.

Comet Man: And Deadpool. Hmmm.....haven't seen him in a while.

Superman: And then other two?

Iron Man: Never heard of them before.

Hawkman: Neither have I.

Slayer: That makes all of us that do no know.

Tony rises in the air and tries to pick up on their opponents, trying to get a read on the ones they know nothing about. Nothing.

Tony: A block is in place, I can't pick up anything.

Superman: I think we should plan for the three we do know.

Comet Man: Ya' think?

Hawkman: Don't piss him off.

Comet Man: I didn't mean anyth...

Superman: Just, let's just get down to business.

The Society goes to work figuring on what they'll do for the next day.

The Society awaits the battle to start.

Superman and Iron Man are at the front. Iron Man is scanning the area looking for their enemies for this week.

Iron Man picks something up.

Stark: Myself, Comet Man and Slayer have all combined our efforts to put a block on telepathy.

Superman: Sounds good, Iron Man.

Stark: Wait. They're here.

Iron Man is then tackled out of the air.

Superman swoops down and catches Tony before he crashes into the ground.

Fernus shows up and nails Superman before Supes has time to react, he falls to the ground. Fernus then turns the attack against Stark.

Superman gets up but is knocked back down by an invisible force. He looks up to see who he can only deduce is Jaine Warlock. He is being held down by her TK force. She then projects a blast of force at him, but he shrugs the blast off. She then lets up, and Supes gets to his feet. He speeds at Jaine but she teleports out of the way and hits him in the back with a TK slam. She does this again and again. She then tries getting into his head, but with the mental blocks from his team and Superman's own will she cannot. She tries another but Supes is able to move out of the way and he nails her with his fist. She gets a force field up in time but she still falls to the ground, in pain. Supes goes to grab her but she teleports out of the way and Supes gets nothing but dirt. She baits Superman to run at her again, but she teleports again, this time Superman uses his near-Flash speed to hit her before she even fully teleports knocking her to the ground and out of the fight.

Continued.....

Comet Man finds Lemnos and nails him with a blast of energy. A second later Beckley sets himself on the ground and just stands not knowing what he's doing there. Lemnos goes over to him.

Beckley: Who are you?

Lemnos: Well...

Lemnos is tackled by Devil Slayer and nailed by Hawkman.

Hawkman: Comet Man, come on snap out of it.

Comet Man was staring out in the distance not aware of the going's on.

Comet Man: Huh?

Devil Slayer: Hit this guy with something.

Comet Man: Why.

Hawkman: Just do it!

Comet Man then hits Lemnos with a concussive blast knocking him to the ground.

Comet Man: Who was that guy.

Before Hawkman or Devil Slayer can answer Deadpool and Nemesis come out of nowhere and take out the three members of The Society.

Hawkman recovers quickly and is able to get to Deadpool before the other members of The Society can. He wants Deadpool for himself.

Comet Man and Devil Slayer have their hands full with Nemesis. Slayer pulls out a mace ala Hawkman and swings at Nemesis, but her force field blocks it. She then knocks him away, Beckley is waiting for it and knocks her down with his telekinesis. Slayer gets up and nails her with a TK blast also. Beckley, still not knowing anything about who he is fighting is filled in by Slayer, but Slayer knows not much more the Beckley about their opponent at the moment. Beckley also nails her with a blast of energy knocking her down again and again. Slayer then joins in and nails her with the mace he had conjured only minutes before. In the chaos, Nemesis is losing control of what she can do. One final blow by Beckley ends this fight.

continued.....

Voting may now begin....

Several questions.

How would Iron Man know about Janie Warlock? She never fought the Avengers, didnt even have contact with anybody in the Marvel Universe except for the people who created her and Adam Warlock.

And how could Comet Man find lemnos? He cannot be found, thats the whole idea.

LadyVader said:
Several questions.

How would Iron Man know about Janie Warlock? She never fought the Avengers, didnt even have contact with anybody in the Marvel Universe except for the people who created her and Adam Warlock.

And how could Comet Man find lemnos? He cannot be found, thats the whole idea.

I'll answer both of your quesitons.......I know pretty much nill about those characters. So if I wrote them wrong, I'm sorry.

so its either his fault for not asking or your fault for not telling....

and i saw no question in the discussion or anything else... so..

lovlies 8
society 1

AnnoyingSilence said:
so its either his fault for not asking or your fault for not telling....

and i saw no question in the discussion or anything else... so..

lovlies 8
society 1

Wow you are an angry little man. I got info in a pm that had their powers but not their personalities, so, yet again, I'm sorry I didn't know a character. I don't think that warrants me losing to someone who didn't do a writeup. (No offense LV)

Indeed. At least he posted something. Very wrong and very badly written. But something. (no offense punishermax :D) I think your reaction is a little harsh AS, given that I remember last season we had an arguement about the exact same issue, me not telling you something or other about the characters, although I did offer you the scans but you didn't want them.

So, you should be on maxs side in this matter.

LadyVader said:
Indeed. At least he posted something. Very wrong and very badly written. But something. (no offense punishermax :D) I think your reaction is a little harsh AS, given that I remember last season we had an arguement about the exact same issue, me not telling you something or other about the characters, although I did offer you the scans but you didn't want them.

So, you should be on maxs side in this matter.

None taken. Even I can't know everything. :D But I come pretty damn close.

My votes are:

Simple Kind of Lovelies 1
Justice Society 3

Voting is new over. Finals scores are:

Simple Kind of Lovelies 2
Justice Society 11

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"