DTL Season 5-Week 10 (Set 4)

DTL Commish

DTL Commisioner
Reaction score
The rules:
This is one of four threads containing matches.
Due to the holiday, these threads will be in use for 9 days. Days 1-4 (Jan 26 - Jan 29) are strictly setup time for owners to plead their cases, tell us their team’s strategies, breakdown the match ups, and do whatever else they can/want to do to try and convince you that their team would pull out a victory. Please, let the owners do this on their own with no help.

On Day 5 (Jan 30) I will post and tell everyone that voting may begin. Any votes cast before I open voting will not count. Look over the matchups and read the strategies, and take into consideration how in-character each character is. Afterwards, use your best judgment to decide who you think has the best chance to win the match. (Note: The length of a writeup the discretion of the owner. Do not punish owners just for having a shorter writeup.)

To vote, post the team names you think will prevail in each match. Remember to vote for all matches or your vote will not count! The teams with the highest vote total at the end of the 10th day (Feb 3) will get a W while the other will get an L. (Equal votes will result in a tie.)

The battleground for this week is: The Arctic Fortress Of Solitude

In Jesus' Name
Praetor Lemnos
Mount Joy
Multiple man
NightCrawler
NorthStar

VS.

The Nameless Wonders*
Vision II (Young Avengers) (MM)
Blue Beetle (Jaime Reyes) (DM)
Elijah Snow (DR)
Traci Thirteen (DR)
Flow (DR)

i'm gonnna just figure thatt flow is a water powered character...?

i'm gonnna just figure thatt flow is a water powered character...?
I found Leaguer's description of Flow from back when he owned the character:
The Leaguer said:
Flow is a being made completely of water. He has complete molecular control over his form, so he can change his shape and density at will. He can be as slick as oil or as sticky as glue. He can be divided into parts and still maintain control. He can fire jets of high-pressure water. A good reference would be Hydro-man, as anything Hydro-man can do, Flow can do.

Flow's appearance is essentially a giant raindrop with arms and legs. Flow is a military man by profession, so he knows how to take an order and think on his feet.
from here

In Jesus' Name vs The Nameless Wonders

Are you kidding? The Wonders have a good lineup, and you didn't write anything.

MJ absorbs Mulitple Man. being familiar to the process, NS automatically lets MJ absorb, multiply, spit him out, but continue to absorb the duped version of him keeping NS's powers... after beating the CRAP out of praetor, MJ absorbs him.... preptime done

no one on the other team has a chance, not even the high tech aliens because Praetor's powers affect all electrical things from cameras to mind control.

Are you kidding? The Wonders have a good lineup, and you didn't write anything.
ok. so with ANY currently active owner, if you don't post anything your AUTOMATICALLY voted against, even though your the only active owner in the match...

wow

i don't know about the rest of you, but i'm only able to post right now because i called off of work

No, not automatically, but it certainly makes you eligible to lose the match.

again. because of the hilarious people here i won't be voting anytime soon.

my write-ups will be very minimum along with my time here

when its clear that i'm talking to actual people i might be interested again

OK, let me get this straight: because people don't automatically vote for you in a match featuring ZERO writeups, we're all subhumans?

MJ absorbs Mulitple Man. being familiar to the process, NS automatically lets MJ absorb, multiply, spit him out, but continue to absorb the duped version of him keeping NS's powers... after beating the CRAP out of praetor, MJ absorbs him.... preptime done

no one on the other team has a chance, not even the high tech aliens because Praetor's powers affect all electrical things from cameras to mind control.

Vision and Blue Beetle can both work to manipulate the technology of the Fortress to their own advantage....that gives them a clear edge and why I voted them

I can't vote for In Jesus' Name, because after Mountjoy absorbs so many characters, he's got to be uber, and this is not a "no-ubers-fight-unless-that's-all-you-have-on-your-team," it's a no-ubers fight.

Nameless Wonders

ok. so the combo of MM and NS into MJ which has been accepted as Med all season long is now uber?

Vision and Blue Beetle can both work to manipulate the technology of the Fortress to their own advantage....that gives them a clear edge and why I voted them
have EITHER they been seen EVER manipulating krytonian tech before?

what makes you think that Supes auto defenses wouldn't see them as a threat to security and kill them before the match starts?

With no writeups to go on, I'm not sure who to vote for here. AS, if you want my vote, tell me how you would beat each of the members of the other team. It just needs to be five sentences: "We beat Vision by __." "We beat Blue Beetle by __." etc.

But it can't just be "We beat them because we're more powerful." Tell me an attack your team could do that would work against Vision despite the fact that he can go intangible. Tell me an attack that would work against Flow, despite the fact that he's made out of liquid. And so forth.

what makes you think that Supes auto defenses wouldn't see them as a threat to security and kill them before the match starts?
Superman doesn't have lethal auto-defenses. Superman has a gigantic ****ing key that no one can lift to unlock the door.

ok. so the combo of MM and NS into MJ which has been accepted as Med all season long is now uber?

The better question is whether MM, NS, MJ, and Lemnos is uber, because that's what you did here.

AS is expecting a walk in the park victory cos hes against a no show....everyone who has been against a no show has done something in their favour....hell even someone doing a no show battle wrote and still lost due to the line ups...you have to work for your votes AS....

you can contest peoples reasons for voting as much as you want but without a valid write up to back your complaints up then you havent a leg to stand on

In Jesus Name

(hell, he needs it)

Well, like I said I needed about five solid sentences to convince me that AS's team would win. But since AS hasn't given me that, I'm going to have to vote for The Nameless Wonders. I just think that's a more powerful team. How would AS deal with Vision's intangibility? How could he hurt Flow's liquid form? Who is to say Elijah Snow couldn't make himself to cold for the horde of multiples to even get near him? I just have too many unanswered questions.

By the way, AS, sorry about the Patriots.

Nameless Wonders. Whining doesn't get you my vote, son, and I'm not going to actively search for a reason to vote for you like Tim seems to do.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hugoodeww
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"