DTL Season 5-Week 9 (Set 4)

DTL Commish

DTL Commisioner
Reaction score
The rules:
This is one of four threads containing matches.
Due to the holiday, these threads will be in use for 9 days. Days 1-4 (Jan 16 - Jan 19) are strictly setup time for owners to plead their cases, tell us their team’s strategies, breakdown the match ups, and do whatever else they can/want to do to try and convince you that their team would pull out a victory. Please, let the owners do this on their own with no help.

On Day 5 (Jan 20) I will post and tell everyone that voting may begin. Any votes cast before I open voting will not count. Look over the matchups and read the strategies, and take into consideration how in-character each character is. Afterwards, use your best judgment to decide who you think has the best chance to win the match. (Note: The length of a writeup the discretion of the owner. Do not punish owners just for having a shorter writeup.)

To vote, post the team names you think will prevail in each match. Remember to vote for all matches or your vote will not count! The teams with the highest vote total at the end of the 9th day (Jan 24) will get a W while the other will get an L. (Equal votes will result in a tie.)

The battleground for this week is: Blüdhaven (after Chemo attack)

Chaos & Order
Green Lantern (Kyle Rayner) (DU) -- Solid light constructs limited only by his willpower.
Exodus (MU) -- Powerful telepathic, telekentic mutant.
Jay Garrick (DM) -- Speedster with decades of experience.
Proctor (MR) -- Super strength, durability, energy blasts, Ebony Blade.
Fate (Jared Stevens) (DR) -- Super strength, durability, mutant arm, immunity to magic.

VS.

The Nameless Wonders*
Black Adam (DU)
Flash (Titans of Tomorrow) (DU)
Blue Beetle (Jamie Reyes) (DM)
Traci Thirteen (DR)
Zauriel (DR)

Prep-Time...

GL: "Well, we seem evenly matched up."

Jay looks at Kyle in confusion. "How do figure that?"

GL: "Well, uh, Exodus here can handle Adam." Exodus nod in agreement. "You can handle their Flash. Traci Thirteen's a magic user, and we've got ourselves someone immune to magic."

Fate: "Here, here!" he says, lifting the bottle of beer to his lips. The action saddens Kyle as he is reminded of just where, and when, they are.

GL: "Proctor's got a sword, just like Zauriel. And I can take care of the new Beetle."

Jay: "There is a problem with your plan."

GL: "There is?"

Jay: "Two, actually." Kyle looks at Jay in confusion. "One, I can't guarantee being able to handle this Flash. I think it's Bart, an older version of Bart, but still him. I'm not as fast as he is."

GL: "But you've done this way longer than he has. You probably got some tricks up your sleeves"

Jay: "True. But you're forgetting the second problem. You can't fight the Blue Beetle. You're not allowed."

GL: "...Ah, for the love of-" Kyle feels like beating himself up.

Proctor: "That just means that Fate and I will have to hold our own while you three handle Adam and Flash."

Fate chokes a swig of beer. "You and who-now?" Proctor looks at him. "You're joking right?...Ok, you're not joking. You're just insane."

Proctor: "You are immune to Thirteen's powers."

Fate: "If they let me fight her, yeah. IF. But what are the odds they'll let me do that? And can you take on Beetle and Zauriel?"

Proctor: "If I must."

Fate: "...Ok, new plan." Everyone looks at him.

GL: "...Yeah?"

Fate: "I'm thinking."

Proctor: "Which will undoubtedly take more than the 24 hours we are given."

Fate laughs dryly. "Ha ha." He looks at others. "Come on, there's got to be a better way."

GL: "I don't think there is. We're going to be relying on you two. If you don't hold the line, we're not going to win this thing."

Fate: "Yeah, thanks. No pressure." Fate grabs another beer from the empty apartment they found, thinks about it for a second, and grabs the whole pack...

Battle-Time

The team knows this is going to be a tough one. They're going against two difficult ubers in a very hostile battlefield. And even though Kyle's mapped out the hazardous areas that everyone else will need to avoid, they can't assume the other side will let them do so. They all no that this match is going to fall on the shoulders of their less powered members. If they fail, the team is probably doomed.

So, when the battle starts, Exodus begins the mental attacks against Black Adam. With the resistance Adam puts forth, he uses what little telepathy he can spare to track down the location of their opponents and transmit them to the others on the team. But before he can even think these thoughts, Bart's already out looking for his target. But Jay blocks his path, forcing Bart to stop.

"I don't want to fight you Jay."
"You don't have a choice. God, what happened to you Bart."
"It's good to see you." Bart takes off. But Jay just gets in his way again.
"What are you going to do Bart? Go after the Lantern? For god's sake, it's Kyle."
Bart looks down, thinking about it for a moment. "A lot's changed."He punches Jay, sending him through a wall. Bart runs off, but is grabbed from behind by his mask. It's pulled off as he's spun around. Jay lands his own kinetically charged punch. "It sure has."

...more to come...

Battle...

"A little help here!" Fate calls out. His mutated arm is smothering Beetle, but he can already feel the bug fighting back. But it's not the Beetle he's worried about. It's the man sized dinosaur rushing at him, teeth gnashing at the air. He throws his ankhs, and they strike home, slowing the beast down. Traci casts a spell in anger, trying to draw on what little 'urban magic' this dead city holds. But Fate doesn't feel a thing. The lizard shrugs off the ankhs and Jared pulls his dagger. "This is going to get nasty!" he shouts.

"I'm quite busy myself!" Proctor yells back, parrying and clashing blades with Zauriel. "It's time to end this," the angel says. He takes a breath, but Kyle warned them about this. And when the sonic cry is unleashed, Proctor has teleported behind Zauriel, blasting him with energy.

The angel goes flying off leaving a smoking trail behind him, but Proctor is hit in the back by blue energy. Jaimie joins Proctor in the air, freed by the lizard's attack on Fate. Proctor fires another blast, but Jaimie's armor morphs shields on his arms. Proctor narrowly avoids a counter-blast from Jaimie and notices Zauriel picking himself out of the debris.

"Not good."

Black Adam can be a force of nature when pushed to the edge. But if you can catch him by surprise, sometimes the advantage is yours. That's what Exodus is hoping for as he rips through the immortal's mind. Every horrible thing Adam ever did or experienced floods him, causing him to smash through a couple of buildings as he comes crashing to the ground. A human would be fatally irradiated by the area Adam is in, but all he does is blindly stumble, gripping his head in pain.

An intertwined blur of red and yellow pass off in the distance, but he doesn't take notice as he calls upon Zehuti for help. His mind clears somewhat, but he's only truly freed when he experiences the memory of his dead family. The rage fuels him enough to mostly break through the mental attack, dimming it to just a faint murmur. "A lowly telepath with not stop me!" Adam shouts into the air. Unfortunately for him, a man wielding the most powerful weapon in the universe is there to slam Adam in the side with a giant green hammer. Adam launches himself from the rubble, only to face an emerald Marvel.

"NOOOOO!!!" Zauriel shouts in horror as Jaimie slides off the Ebony Blade after Proctor's most recent teleport. Fighting Zauriel's sword and the blade on the Beetle's arms was pushing Proctor's skills past their limits. But Proctor shrugs of his most recent kill. "He should have kept his mouth shut about his armor hating magic. Guess what my blade is," he says, smiling. Proctor barely can avoid Zauriel's attacks, the fury of Heaven itself being reigned down upon him. But a small dinosaur, flung through the air by Jared's mutant arm, and slamming into Zauriel. gives Proctor a much needed break.

"LEEROY!!!" Traci shouts. She turns her fury on Jared, not that it does any good. And it gives Proctor plenty of time to finish Zauriel off with a well-placed round of energy blasts and deft sword swinging. "Fate!"
Jared waves his teammate off. "Go," he says with a grin. "I've got this."

The Marvel construct didn't last long. 1.8 seconds to be precise. Which is why Kyle is now struggling to keep his forcefield up, and his teeth in his mouth, as Adam pounds on him. A giant pair of fists lurch up from Kyle's chest as his real hands try to hold Adam's arms at bay. They knock Adam back for a moment. Kyle knows he might not be able to overpower Adam, so it's time for something different. "Say cheese," Kyle says. The entire city glows under the flash of light from a green sun, and Adam grabs his eyes with the pain of blindness. Before his eyes clear, a psionic blast from Exodus drives him into the ground. "I'll hold him. Help Flash."
"You're kidding right?"
"You can stop Adam?"
"...Flash, got it."

Jay bounces along the ground. The battle around them has only been going on for a couple of minutes. For Jay and Bart, it might as well have been days. Bart wipes blood from his mouth. "Gotta give it to you, Jay. You've got some skill." Jay sits up, leaning back on his hands. "More than you." "Oh, I doubt that." Bart walks up to Jay, although to everyone else they're just fast moving blurs. "I've had years to learn new tricks. I'm a master of the speed force." Jay shakes his head. "But you never learned the most important thing from our enemies." Bart's more than a little confused by that statement. "What the hell are you talking about?"

Jay's nose snaps back into place as he heals, but he ignores it. "Simple. Fight dirty." Jay slings the dirt in his hands at Bart at a significant fraction of light speed. The shrapnel tears into Bart's flesh, ripping his face and chest. And Jay doesn't spare a moment to press the attack. He feels his knuckles shatter, and his heart break, as he's forced to beat on the man he considers family. But he knows he has to press on.

Jay swings his arms for another punch, but finds his body stuck. He tries to move, but can't. "One of those tricks I learned," Bart coughs, trying to talk through a broken jaw. "You're kinetic energy is mine." He smiles through cracked lips. "And now so are-"
"Wait." Bart looks around. "He's trying to get into my mind. It hurts. But...if I speed my brain up..." he turns around and looks at Proctor. "Too bad, but a nice try." Bart speeds his body up to a blur. "You'll never even see this coming." He runs at Proctor...right into a giant green brick wall.

Bart falls to the ground, and Kyle puts a bubble around his head, sucking out all the oxygen. Bart passes out. Jay sits down. "How are the others doing?" An explosion in the distance brings a building down. "That can't be good," Kyle says.

Exodus crawls forward, trying to gather his senses. Only his telekinesis kept him alive. Adam grabs him by the throat and picks him up. "I told you to stay out of my mind."

"Put him down!" Proctor says. Adam turns his head as Proctor rushes forward. In a blur, Adam has dropped Exodus and caught Proctor's swinging Blade. "Pathetic. I'll not let your Blade touch me." He backhands Proctor into Kyle before the Lantern can help. Adam's eyes are filled with fury, then they widen in confusion. He sputters, then falls to his knees, then slumps forward, struggling to breath while a gold dagger sticks out of his back.

"What about mine?" The others look at Jared in shock as he sits on a struggling Traci, calmly sipping a beer. "He'll be fine. At least, I think he will."

More than a little worse for wear, Chaos & Order moves on.

Chaos & Order vs The Nameless Wonders

Chaos & Order gets my vote. Good writeup in spite of the lack of opposition.

Chaos and Order

I have to say, I love how wieg always manages to work in some dialogues. Makes his characters... LIKEABLE. :)

Voting is overs.
Final Results:

Chaos & Order 8
The Nameless Wonders 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back