DTL Season 4-Week 5 (Set 2)

wiegeabo

Omniposcient
Reaction score
The rules:
This is one of four threads, each containing two match ups.
The threads will be in use for 6 days.
Days 1-4 (Thursday-Sunday) are strictly setup time for owners to plead their cases, tell us their team’s strategies, breakdown the match ups, and do whatever else they can/want to do to try and convince you that their team would pull out a victory. Please, let the owners do this on their own with no help from you, the fan.

When Day 5 (Monday) rolls around, I’ll post and tell everyone that voting may begin. Only after doing so will voting start. Any votes cast before I open voting will not count.
To vote, look over the matchups and read the owners strategies and take them into consideration. Afterwards, use your best judgment to decide who you think has the best chance to win the match up and post up the teams you think will prevail.
(Note: The length of a writeup is up to the owner. Do not punish owners just for having a shorter writeup.)

To vote, give each writeup a score out of 10, with the team you feel winning the match earning the higher score. No tie votes are allowed, one team must get a higher score, even if only by a single vote.

Remember, to vote for each match up or your vote will not count!

The teams with the highest vote total at the end of the 6th day (Tuesday) will get a W while the other will get an L.

The battleground for this week is: Stargate Atlantis base

Funky Fresh
Brainiac 417
Spider-Man (Iron Spidey)
Little Boy Blue (Homelands)
Shiver Man
The Ghost

VS.

The New Defenders
Big Barda (DM)
Diablo (MM)
Fascination (MR)
Grimbor (Pre-Zero Hour) (DR)
Patriarch (MR)

Simple Kind Of Lovelies
Gambit (full power) (MM)
Praetor Lemnos (DM)
Engineer (DR)
Nemesis (DR)
Will O The Wisp (MR)

VS.

Justice Knights
Captain Britain (MM)
Batman (DR)
Darkclaw (DR)
Union Jack (Joey Chapman) (MR)
Captain America (MR)

wow. Set 2.

We're moving on up. :)

Voting may now begin....

Right. I don't see how the Lovelies could lose this match.
First of all, they would have no way of knowing Engineer, Nemesis or Praetor Lemnos. That is more then half my team. Therefore whatever plans Batman or Captain America might be able to make before the battle are thrown out the window. Lack of intel does that. :)

Atlantis is a high tech city, and Engineer could easily take control of the technology and therefore the whole battlefield would be under our control. The Justice Knights don't have a tech expert on their team.

And they have no defense against Praetor Lemnos's powers, and since the city would be under our control he could easily get in and out of rooms and sneak around and delete memories left and right. Captain Britain may be near invulnerable but I doubt his force field protects him from Lemnos
s powers. I'd say the Lovelies would avoid face to face confrontations since the Knigth's main strenght is hand to hand combat. Even so, Will oh the Wisp is intangible, Nemesis has the use of force fields and Gambit can simply charge Batman's utility belt and blow him away.

I simply can't see how a tech expert in a technology city, a guy who simply looks at stuff and it blows up, a villain who can delete memory, a 5000 year old warrior and a guy made of energy can lose to a group of 5 people with suprestrength, flight and/or excellent combat skills.

Well, I have no opponent, so I'll make this short...

Brainiac 417 and the M'Onelves would be more than capable of taking down Barda. He's naturally intangible, so it'd be unlikely that she'd be able to take him down before the flea-sized Daxamites (which would be extremely difficult to hit, given their size and speed) take her down. Not to mention all of the weaponry and tech from the 853rd century at his disposal (he could trap her in the time stream if he wanted to).

Patriarch and Fasination would pose some problems with their powers and being unknown, but with three characters (Ghost, Shiver Man, and Blue) that can very easily sneak up on someone and take said someone out quickly, they shouldn't be able to last too long (especially since Blue and Shiver Man would be unknown to them, and it's debatable whether or not they'd have info on The Ghost as well).

Grimbor would be a pain with his ability to create bonds that can hold any being, so that'd mean at least one of my characters would be rendered prone (probably Spidey since he'd be the most well known and thus Grimbor would be more likely to be able to fashion chains that would hold him). Still, one phased arm through the heart or head, a quick strike by the Vorpal Blade, and so on...and he's done.

Diablo would be a handful with his alchemy, but he's still a normal human. One good shot and he's done.

I can see myself losing a few character, but with a tech advantage and having pretty much all of my characters unknown (save Spidey of course) I think my boys would pull it off.

My votes are:

Funky Fresh 4
The New Defenders 1

Simple Kind of Lovelies 5
Justice Knights 0

Final scores are:

Funky Fresh 4
The New Defenders 1

Simple Kind of Lovelies 10
Justice Knights 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online