DTL Season 5-Week 8 (Set 4)

Aristotle said:
On the other side of things, AS, Tap can't affect the power of cloth. He affects the power of metahumans, and Rory Regan isn't a meta. His cloak is what has the power, so Tap's useless.
ER! Tap can also affect magic powers(Black Adam)

Aristotle said:
I also still don't know how I feel about the idea of a power-copier picking up duping powers along with other powers. I really feel that's a ranking bump, but apparently no one agrees.
because hes got 1/2colossus' str, 1/2 cyclops' beam, 1/2 Ns' speed(though hes still real fast), 1/2 of wolverines healing and the ability to dupe 10x... to superman, mimic would be a long fight. to darkside, almost nothing(because of his shields)

wiegeabo said:
And if you think someone is getting bumped up to another rank, feel free to call them on it and vote against them if you want. (And I know you can't change your vote, I'm just making it clear to everyone what their powers as a voter are.)
all i got to say is, if mimic jumps a rank for duplification, ragman is DEFinitely an uber if he doesn't have to defeat someone to absorb them..

XFanTim said:
So, Adam keeps Thanos occupied long enough for Ragman to take him out. (I don't think Tap could stop Ragman's power, and anyway if he gets close Warlock would easily take him out.) Meanwhile, Genis beats Shanzar with some aid from the Mimics. But Warlock is able to finish Genis off, and then he can probably drop every Mimic with one shot (since I doubt that their soul duplicates just because the body does).
ragman would have to hold onto thanos long enough to suck his soul in...

ragman would have to hold onto thanos long enough to suck his soul in...
Good point. Like I say, I don't really know jack about Ragman -- I was understanding it that he basically had to just touch someone to steal their soul. If he has to hold onto them for any significant length of time, then Thanos would blast him to smithereens. And just getting close enough to touch Thanos, even with Warlock providing a diversion, is not a negligible feat.

Anyway, my vote is cast, so I can't really say anything more about it.

all i got to say is, if mimic jumps a rank for duplification, ragman is DEFinitely an uber if he doesn't have to defeat someone to absorb them..

Which is why I specifically stated that, even with Thanos' power to draw on, Ragman could only take his power to the peak of what a regular can have. So he didn't bump up. Similar to how, in one match a prior season, Corp (I think) temporarily lent some of Flash's speed to Batgirl, but only took her to the maximum speed a regular can take. (Think Quicksilver level speed.)

I didn't think AS was saying that adding Thanos's power would make Ragman upgrade -- I think what he was arguing that the ability to steal Thanos's soul makes Ragman more than a reg from the start. He says "Ragman is an uber if he can absorb someone without defeating them". The comparison to Mimic seems to be just thrown in there to complain that we're holding his characters to a different standard.

[Note: I'm not offering an opinion on whether he's right or not. Just trying to clarify what he was saying.]

But maybe I misunderstood...

If that's what he meant, wouldn't that make Mountjoy an uber since he can absorb someone without needing to defeat them?

Maybe, although (1) Mountjoy starts as a med, not a reg, and (2) Mountjoy couldn't absorb Thanos without upgrading to uber.

I don't want to argue AS's case for him, though. I'm mostly just continuing to post in this thread for procrastination purposes. :cwink:

From what i have read so far, I am thinking about voting for AS but I will reserve judgement until tomorrow for this one. It is very tight.

after giving it some sleep. i'd say that ragman would stay a reg for the sheer fact that hes never above peak human abilities

Mount Joy is a medium because he can jump into people and take them over, but he can't jump into 90% uber because if they struggle enough or there is enough outside interference(or ofcourse the ladder), MJ purges the subject.

In Jesus' Name vs Chaos & Order - ok so AS your write up was sloppy...very sloppy and brief....you cant really just put 'there was a fight and my guy won' you need to put a strategy on how to do it.....otherwise anyone could say 'my reg beat both their ubers' and never have to explain it...

but that moan aside i believe given the power levels and the combination of ability traits you showed with mimic and Madrox and your uber team up against Weig's i believe you would take this one.....

but seriously im gonna reconsider voting for you in future even if your line up is better if you fail to explain how you would win....thats the idea of debate...to lay out your strategy....

get it sort man

ER! Tap can also affect magic powers(Black Adam)
I don't recall Black Adam's power being derived from cloth.

AnnoyingSilence said:
because hes got 1/2colossus' str, 1/2 cyclops' beam, 1/2 Ns' speed(though hes still real fast), 1/2 of wolverines healing and the ability to dupe 10x... to superman, mimic would be a long fight. to darkside, almost nothing(because of his shields)
Firstly, Madrox can dupe 40 times. Secondly, if he's a long fight for Superman, I'm not entirely sure he's still a med. That implies a possibility of winning, purely on the merits of power-to-power, one-on-one.

Nightwing said:
In Jesus' Name vs Chaos & Order - ok so AS your write up was sloppy...very sloppy and brief....you cant really just put 'there was a fight and my guy won' you need to put a strategy on how to do it.....otherwise anyone could say 'my reg beat both their ubers' and never have to explain it...
no, dude, it ain't like that.
theres a difference between the obvious and ******ed....
1Vision vs. 10 Mimics...
Thanos and Genis Vs. Adam Warlock...
I'm sure even wea would agree with me on the outcome

NightWing said:
but that moan aside i believe given the power levels and the combination of ability traits you showed with mimic and Madrox and your uber team up against Weig's i believe you would take this one.....

but seriously im gonna reconsider voting for you in future even if your line up is better if you fail to explain how you would win....thats the idea of debate...to lay out your strategy....

get it sort man
Wow. if i didn't have something big in my sig already, i'd put that there

Aristotle said:
I don't recall Black Adam's power being derived from cloth.
like a cloak? i mean, black adam is powered by GODS., 4 of them
Aristotle said:
Firstly, Madrox can dupe 40 times. Secondly, if he's a long fight for Superman, I'm not entirely sure he's still a med. That implies a possibility of winning, purely on the merits of power-to-power, one-on-one.
firstly, Madrox can dupe 100 something times. Secondly it implies that Mimic has the CHANCE to go the length with superman and because of where he LACKS speed, strength and power, he'd never be able to beat him

In Jesus' Name in a tight one but the multiple Mimics gets it for me.

Chaos and Order. I agree that AS may have a power advantage but I really don't see Captain Marvel, Multiple Man and Mimic trusting Thanos.

like a cloak? i mean, black adam is powered by GODS
That's my point. Black Adam is a metahuman, with metahuman powers, regardless of where they come from. Ragman is a regular guy with a powerful CLOAK. Tap can't dampen/cancel the powers of cloth.

black adam is NOT a metahuman. hes powered MAGICALLY just as Captain Marvel(DC) is.

Chaos and Order. I agree that AS may have a power advantage but I really don't see Captain Marvel, Multiple Man and Mimic trusting Thanos.
you don't think the survival of the team would be the coming together factor?

i mean, its enough in every comic i've ever read. heck, its enough for me to fight next to a supervisor that i hate if it were onmly a $100 prize.

I mean, besides, how many weeks have they been teamed up now? not including that it should take only a prep-time for them to either kill theirselves or come to an "agreement"

black adam is NOT a metahuman. hes powered MAGICALLY just as Captain Marvel(DC) is.
Yes, but the point is that his powers are invested in HIM. Ragman's powers are in his cloak. If he didn't have his cloak, he'd just be Rory Regan. So when Tap tries to cancel his powers, there's nothing to cancel. He might as well cancel Batman's powers.

One thing germaine to this discussion: was Tap shown cancelling a Green Lantern's powers?

harl's sore over my vote...
Yes, but the point is that his powers are invested in HIM. Ragman's powers are in his cloak. If he didn't have his cloak, he'd just be Rory Regan. So when Tap tries to cancel his powers, there's nothing to cancel. He might as well cancel Batman's powers.

One thing germaine to this discussion: was Tap shown cancelling a Green Lantern's powers?
omfg... dude.:rolleyes:

i conceed...

your *****yness has out done me(go to transacation)

your *****yness has out done me(go to transacation)
I'm sorry, in what way was I *****y? I didn't attack your writeup style. I didn't attack your writeup content. I didn't attack you.

I pointed out that Tap can't affect a piece of ****ing cloth.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"