Dukerjay's Art Thread

Alright...I finished colouring this thing as best I could. I still need to learn photoshop but, oh well. I also need a tablet...and a scanner...anyways...

wolviething2b.jpg

Duker Jay said:
In response to Midknight:
ACAD is a pretty good school. Lots of good instructors. It's one of, if not, the top schools in Canada and I would guess North America. I'm not bragging, this is just what I've heard...remember Todd McFarlane went here for a couple of years and also, John Byrne way back when. I think, more than anything I'm lucky because I happen to live in the same city as the school.

I don't know what I'll do after school. Comics would be a dream job, though.

Cool. I'll look into it. I'm yet yto be impressed by Tood McFarlane at all...but yeah, cool.

Wolvie/Thing is looking cool. The colors are very nice.:up:

once you go tablet, you never go back. :) Good stuff. I'm not a fan of the black background, but it's not my choice. I like to bring the colors out more by making a light background.

again, just personal preference, it reflects nothing in the characters and drawing. Keep it up! :up:

yep definetely need to see more of this.

MidKnight said:
Cool. I'll look into it. I'm yet yto be impressed by Tood McFarlane at all...but yeah, cool.

Wolvie/Thing is looking cool. The colors are very nice.:up:
Are you kidding? The artwork of today may be a lot better than McFarlane's work, but he revolutionized the Spider-Man comics. Compare a pre-McFarlane copy of ASM to any McFarlane issue. You'll notice the difference. The man's a genious.

MutantCircus said:
Are you kidding? The artwork of today may be a lot better than McFarlane's work, but he revolutionized the Spider-Man comics. Compare a pre-McFarlane copy of ASM to any McFarlane issue. You'll notice the difference. The man's a genious.
I just lost all respect for you as an artist.

Breck said:
I just lost all respect for you as an artist.
Why would you say that? We wouldn't have the modern Spider-Man poses like the one in the first post if McFarlane didn't have his crack at Spider-Man. Like I said, since he had his shot at Spidey there's been people who've built on his ideas and done it a million times better, and that's why Erik Larson got ASM while McFarlane got moved over to the crappy Web of Spider-Man. McFarlane's art in itself may not be incredible, but his ideas that were first fleshed out in his art were incredible. I mean he invented the look of the webbing, for Pete's sake. Before he came on Spidet swung from net, not strings of webbing.

I'm torn here.....Todd McFarlane kinda sucks.....buuuuuut I can see where he brought certain things to Spiderman. How bout this.. EVERYONE'S RIGHT, HOORAY!!!!!
Now for Dukerjay- This stuff is awesome, I'm stoked to work with you on Mikey's team pic, if you're doing it. Keep up the great work!!!:up:

KrypJonian said:
I'm torn here.....Todd McFarlane kinda sucks.....buuuuuut I can see where he brought certain things to Spiderman. How bout this.. EVERYONE'S RIGHT, HOORAY!!!!!
Now for Dukerjay- This stuff is awesome, I'm stoked to work with you on Mikey's team pic, if you're doing it. Keep up the great work!!!:up:
LOL, that's all I was saying, anyway. McFarlane's work is awful in light of the artists out there today, I just meant if you compare what he did to what came before him, you'd see how he was a very necessary step on the ladder to the evolving look of Spidey.

And man, I love the art in this thread, but my fav is still the skeleton. I just can't get over how much that rocks. :up:

Got a tablet last night and I was just kind of playing around on it today. I'm gonna have a lot of fun with this thing.

face.jpg

Now, I'm just waiting for my scanner...

OK, this tablet is gonna be trouble. It's so much fun, that I don't want to do anything else.

Anyway, here's a little something...

spideygoblingwen.jpg

Way too much fun...how did I ever get along before?

I got a scanner recently, so I went back and cleaned this one up.
wolvthing.jpg

I wish it was bigger but, oh well.

O.K...here's another.
This is something I'm working on for my cousin. I'm still trying to figure out exactly what will fill the open space...I have a few ideas...
legolas.jpg

Great work. Don't stop bringing us the goods man, it's always cool to see people's art and concepts.

:eek: Man your artwork is awesome!! I can't wait to see more :cool::up:

you really have some quality work in here. oddly enough, the Green Goblin quick sketch is one of my favorites.

I wanna see you do an action scene involving the Hulk -v- spidey.

Great stuff!
fonzthumbsupbw.jpg

Thumbs up, by the Fonz!!

Did some more colouring on the upper right section...edited some stuff.
legolas27qi.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"