The Art of Matt Simas

Matt.S99

Formally batboy99
Reaction score
I figure I should have an art thread for myself.

A little about me. I'm a recent college graduate from an Illustration for Sequential arts program at a private college here in Toronto.
It was quite the journey. On this journey I realized that comic art was definitely NOT where I wanted to be, but decided to finish the program regardless as I was taught many great, useful skills during my 3 years in said program. I ultimately want to go into fashion design. Hopefully go back to school someday for it. Preferably somewhere in Europe or NYC, but that is a whole other dream in itself.

I mainly do portraiture and clothing design, with a bit of fan art thrown in for good measure. I may not want to draw comics for a living and may have lost a lot of interest in comics in general, but it is still a big part of who I am.

So, without further ado, here is my art.
Enjoy :)

buffy_summers_by_mattsimas-d689hq0.jpg

confessions_on_a_dancefloor_by_batboy99-d6815dc.jpg

eliza_dushku_as_faith_lehane_by_mattsimas-d6dhaql.jpg

fashion_illustration_page_by_mattsimas-d69qass.jpg

victoria_beckham_by_batboy99-d5omzbn.jpg

What media are you working in for those traditionally colored ones? Pastels or colored pencils? Those are my favorite works of yours.

Your comic bookish stuff to me needs more line variation but that's subjective, there are plenty of artists who do well with that "dead line" approach.

What soured you on sequential art, if you don't mind me asking?

What media are you working in for those traditionally colored ones? Pastels or colored pencils? Those are my favorite works of yours.

Your comic bookish stuff to me needs more line variation but that's subjective, there are plenty of artists who do well with that "dead line" approach.

What soured you on sequential art, if you don't mind me asking?

Colored pencils.

Just don't like it, honestly. Not for me. I love comics, but not enough to make a career out of it.

wonder_woman_pinup_by_mattsimas-d77wxq4.jpg

wonder_woman_by_mattsimas-d78kl65.jpg

Last edited:
Some really nice work, the Cavill/Superman especially. It's almost photo realistic

batboy you've really grown and improved over the years here. keep posting :up:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"