Dukes of Hazard Movie

heck yeh baby X

Civilian
Reaction score
who else loved this movie besides me? I know it wasnt what people tought it was but I loved it as if it was the modern updated version. Very serious stuff. Not as redundant as the old show

heck yeh baby X said:
who else loved this movie besides me? I know it wasnt what people tought it was but I loved it as if it was the modern updated version. Very serious stuff. Not as redundant as the old show

:confused: Did we watch the same movie?

'Very serious'?

Dukes of Hazzard was possibly the laziest movie ever made. No plot, just a series of teen comedy/Jackass moments, babe de jour Jessica Simpson, and elements of an old TV show. It was woefully bad.

An embarassment, really.

HarleenQuinzel said:
Rat poop + Swamp gas = Dukes of Hazzard

You need to multiply Rat Poop by the quantity (MTV + The Man Show) to get an accurate equation.

I rented it and watched it in private like a dirty little secret. It was brain dead movie but I had to endulge my curiosity for my childhood show. I didn't expect much.I did enjoyed Willie Nelson, he's freakin wacky.

THis is from last year's movie review thread

Movies205 said:
dukes.jpg

Dukes of Hazzard
Directed by Jay Chandrasekhar
Rating: 6/10

First off this was one of those movies everyone hated on for the sake of hating on it but then again it's not quite good either. It's a fun flick that has it's moments but over-all it's not great. The movie starts off with a narrator and then uses the narrator as a crutch through out the movie and while it's funny at times it gets somewhat annoying the whole "Stop let narrator speaka and then continue the film". Another one of the problems with the film is the fact that it try to be one of those silly wacky adventure movies but doesn't manage to set the tone up right for something like that so it falls a bit flat on it's face. Another thing is useless characters such as Jessica Simpson's Character and Willie Nelson there useless other than to expand the demographic of the movie. Though I really dug Sean William Scott... I'm sorry but the guy just makes me laugh every time he's on screen even if it's the same damn thing over and over again. There's obvious chemistry between Johnny Knoxville and Sean William Scott so the movie rolls on pretty well but it's everything we've seen before, and I think the film was going with it but it didn't push the enevelope far enough in terms of over the top action and antics to really be effective. There are some funny gags in the film but nothing truely hilarious or memorable. THere really isn't anything that memorable about the film, I'm going have to say best to pass on this unless you see it on TV.

It was so stupid and bad movie :mad:

Oh god, please explain those stupid filmakers to not make films like this!!!

Cinemaman said:
It was so stupid and bad movie :mad:

Oh god, please explain those stupid filmakers to not make films like this!!!

It's stupid and it's bad; those are not new in Hollywood. The fact that it's so obscenely lazy gets me. I cannot believe the script was even written, let alone re-written.

heck yeh baby X said:
Well glad to see another person liked it besides me.

and to all the people expectimng shakesspear its from one of the guys who wrote super troopers and club dread. they where looking for the younger audience. hence the casting of who they got for the three main dukes.

Seann Wiliam Scott has fans from The American Pie Movies and other stuff he's done.

Johnny Knoxville Brings in the Jackass crowd.

And well Jessica Simpson brought nothing. that wasa bad casting choice. i would have went with Jessica Biel instead who's a real brunette.

Rosie O'Donnell would have owned this movie if she were Daisy Duke. But they cast that Jessica Simpson tramp instead. :mad:

I loved it when I first saw it, but I now realize that it was a steaming pile of crap.

And John Goodman should've been Boss Hogg, not Burt "Despite Making A Few Good Films 30 Years Ago In All Actually Can't Act For ****" Reynolds.

A total ass raping of a show I watched as a young child.

Keep in mind that I never saw the original show, but...

I was pleasantly surprised with it. I was on the same bandwagon as everyone else after seeing the horrible trailers, but the movie was pretty funny. I enjoyed it.

i'll admit i bought it.

i know even i can make a better movie, but I didn't really expect much from a movie about Southern people, so i was pleasantly surprised.

...that and the car chases, love 'em, especially the roar of the hemi on a tightly enclosed surround sound system.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"