"Family Guy" confirmed!

As much as I may love Mask of the Phantasm, it sort of falls into the "extended episode" area. However, BTAS was still great when MotP came out, which is more than I can say for both The Simpsons and Family Guy.

I'm not going to judge completely until I find out more, honestly. It could go either way.

I think he's completely off base about The Simpsons Movie. I thought they did a pretty good job in NOT turning it into just another episode.

I just can't see a Family Guy movie sustaining a plot for more than an hour. Hell, some episodes give up half way through and change the plot again. Sometimes they feel like extended commercials.

I think he's completely off base about The Simpsons Movie. I thought they did a pretty good job in NOT turning it into just another episode.

I just can't see a Family Guy movie sustaining a plot for more than an hour. Hell, some episodes give up half way through and change the plot again. Sometimes they feel like extended commercials.

That's because all Family Guy is composed of is 90% pop culture references and 10% rehashed plots taken from Simpsons and just about every past family sitcom ever(mixed with humour that is only there for shock and "hahaha look how far I went with this" humour).

I hope to God it's not a musical. I already hate the musical aspects of it.

well then you're the only one because that's exactly what the Simpsons movie was, an extended episode and I thought pretty much 99.9% of the planet understood and agreed to this

due to the fact that both South Park and Beavis & Butthead were able to accomplish the actual (cinema) feel to their movies though, I have no doubt in my mind that a Family Guy movie CAN be done. It just has to be executed correctly which the Simpsons did not do, at all.

It's all a matter of opinion and is up to the individual Stay Puft.

To me, the South Park movie as well as the Beavis & Butthead movie also felt like extended episodes...especially Beavis & Butthead.

Well whenever it happens I'll prob see it. But I honestly don't know what they could do. Other than maybe have it be about Stewie/Brains adventures that's the only thing I could see and maybe add in Peter since he's the main character and it'd be funny LOL.

was Family Guy funny at some point?

Used to. Back before it got ressurected, when they didnt rely on some sort of popculture related flashback every thirty seconds, or painfully long and drawn out jokes.

I'll be honest, current FG episodes arent an entire loss. There have been quite a few moments in the past few years that have had me rolling on the floor. It's just that, overall, the episodes arent hilarious from beginning to the end.

Used to. Back before it got ressurected, when they didnt rely on some sort of popculture related flashback every thirty seconds, or painfully long and drawn out jokes.

I'll be honest, current FG episodes arent an entire loss. There have been quite a few moments in the past few years that have had me rolling on the floor. It's just that, overall, the episodes arent hilarious from beginning to the end.
This is exactly how I feel about Family Guy.

was Family Guy funny at some point?

first 3 seasons before it originally got cancelled were GOLD, pure GOLD! If you weren't on the floor rollin' from laughter every 5 seconds it's because there was a commercial on. Once the commercial breaks ended, you were on your ass laughing it off again

hasn't been like that since

That's because the first three seasos actually tried to maintain some semblence of coherrancy. Since then, Family Guy has become self-aware and has bought into its own Hype. The writing staff has gotten lazy and has no problem abandoning plot, breaking the fourth wall, being completely incoherrant, and dragging out jokes for literally 5 minutes (over 1/5 of the whole episode) because they are convinced of their own brilliance.

At any rate, I just don't see how this can be good. There will be absolutely no pacing. Every other scene will be interrupted with something completely irrelevant to the movie. Hell, Watchmen's flashbacks were relevant and they killed the film's pacing. Why would irrelevant ones not?

American Dad would make a more compelling movie to be honest. But if MacFarlane does this movie in the vein of maybe the Kentucky Fried Movie or Hollywood Shuffle, it could be genius.

well then you're the only one because that's exactly what the Simpsons movie was, an extended episode and I thought pretty much 99.9% of the planet understood and agreed to this

99.9 % of your friends on the internet maybe. There's a reason it made over 500 Million Worldwide.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"