Sci-Fi Dune

Denis originally wanted David Bowie for that role in 2049. He said something along the lines of wanting like a rock star quality behind Wallace. Leto fit that bill and he was fine in Blade Runner 2049

Yeah, he was tolerable. It helps that he only has two scenes in a 2hr 45 min film.

He was alright. Bobbed his head around a lot.

I think I read Gary Oldman was the 2nd choice for Wallace but he busy with Darkest Hour.

Okay, here's the real question: who plays Duncan Idaho? If this turns into a long-term franchise, this character would appear a lot in all the movies theoretically.

Oscar Isaac

EQ667fI.gif

How long do you think it'll be until we start hearing some other names being in this? It'll be six months until they start filming so Halloween, Thanksgiving?

How about Elizabeth Debicki for the role of Jessica? She's only 27 y.o., but I think you can put her anywhere between 25 to 40.

I still have her as my choice for Princess Irulan - and Irulan is described as being tall which works in Debicki's favour. :)

And I still stand with my suggestion of Sylvia Hoeks as Jessica. I'll be thrilled if the announcement comes true!

Looking forward to who they cast as Chani too. I still like the idea of Brianna Hildebrand, but I'll be happy as long as the chosen actress looks the part. Hailee Steinfeld too, perhaps?!

Also read some great suggestions recently with Robbie Coltrane (didn't know he was in remission actually) playing the Baron Harkonnen and Sigourney Weaver as the Reverend Mother Gaius Helen Mohiam. I can definitely see it with the both of them. While Vincent D'onofrio and John Goodman are favourites for the part of the Baron, I see them as being too physically intimidating. That's not how I think of the character, IMHO. I still like the idea of Albert Finney due to his voice though. Check out his portrayal of Winston Churchill in The Gathering Storm. Something like that. :)

I'm also open to the idea of Doctor Yueh being an Asian actor because uh, the name - and of course, Legendary too, I suppose. You could pick anybody really - Chin Han? Donnie Yen? Chow Yun Fat or Ken Watanabe?

Also, how about Jeremy Irons as Thufir Hawat?

I also like the idea of Toby Jones as Piter. I did think of him a while back too. Also, how about Andy Serkis too, perhaps?

Oh, and after some consideration, I can definitely see Timothée Chalamet as Paul. Looking forward to further announcements...

Last edited:
Okay, here's the real question: who plays Duncan Idaho? If this turns into a long-term franchise, this character would appear a lot in all the movies theoretically.

I'm thinking of Pedro Pascal. He's been getting solid work lately too.

Hell yes to Pedro Pascal. I like Isaac, but he gets suggested for everything and he's already part of another huge sci-fi franchise. Let's get Oberyn Pena some more work.

Howzaboot Cliff Curtis for Stilgar?!

cliff_curtis_2003_08_08.jpg

That guy put me to sleep on Fear the Walking Dead. No thanks.

I like both Pascal and Isaac suggestions. Isaac is totally wasted in another big space franchise, so he deserves something better. Like this film.

I would say Isaac was wasted in TFA, but he had a lot to do in TLJ (even if most of it amounted to either nothing or a bunch of avoidable deaths).

I still have her as my choice for Princess Irulan - and Irulan is described as being tall which works in Debicki's favour. :)
Irulan is a good fit, but I'm not expecting much screen time for her in the adaptation. I wanted something more substantial.
And I still stand with my suggestion of Sylvia Hoeks as Jessica. I'll be thrilled if the announcement comes true!
Yeah, I'll be excited too.

Irulan is a good fit, but I'm not expecting much screen time for her in the adaptation. I wanted something more substantial.
Yeah, I'll be excited too.

It would be interesting if Irulan serves as the voiceover narrator for the movie, as she does in the books (in a manner of speaking). In a more consistent way than in the Lynch film.

It would be interesting if Irulan serves as the voiceover narrator for the movie, as she does in the books (in a manner of speaking). In a more consistent way than in the Lynch film.
I liked that the book used her writings as foreword for every chapter. Related, but not directly. If adapted faithfully, it can be used as sort of intermissions to break the narrative and maybe define passing of time or change of location. Also, first movie can entirely skip physical presence of Irulan and she can be attributed to only as an author or just being present as a voice.

I liked that the book used her writings as foreword for every chapter. Related, but not directly. If adapted faithfully, it can be used as sort of intermissions to break the narrative and maybe define passing of time or change of location. Also, first movie can entirely skip physical presence of Irulan and she can be attributed to only as an author or just being present as a voice.

For some reason, I think of Irulan as like the cool female narration used in Bakshi's Wizards.

Timothée Chalamet - Paul Atreides
Benicio Del Toro - Duke Leto
Eva Green - Lady Jessica
Rutger Hauer - Thufir Hawat
Willem Dafoe - Gurney Halleck
Byung-Hun Lee - Duncan Idaho
Michael Stuhlbarg - Dr. Wellington Yueh

Stellan Skarsgård - Baron Vladimir Harkonnen
Bill Skarsgård - Feyd-Rautha
Michael Pitt - Piter De Vries

Édgar Ramírez - Stilgar
Taylor Russell - Chani