• Rings of Power

Fantasy TV is now The Lord of the Rings!

• We're moving

Heroes are moving to the Movies sections!

Dune

Wouldn't it be a smart idea to launch the Teaser with The Rise of Skywalker though? I'd be all for that.

I think it's all but confirmed we are getting Wonder Woman and Black Widow promos in December

I think it's all but confirmed we are getting Wonder Woman and Black Widow promos in December

What I meant is that the Dune-trailer probably will be attached to either Tenet or Wonder Woman

Wow after watching The King I am now even more convinced that Timothee Chalamet is going to be an awesome Paul Atreides. Not that I had any doubts before, because I've seen him deliver fantastic performances in other films before, but man does this movie have the potential to be iconic if Villenueve is able to knock it out of the park once again which I'm sure he will. I absolutely cannot wait to see that first trailer for this whenever it does hit.

Wow after watching The King I am now even more convinced that Timothee Chalamet is going to be an awesome Paul Atreides. Not that I had any doubts before, because I've seen him deliver fantastic performances in other films before, but man does this movie have the potential to be iconic if Villenueve is able to knock it out of the park once again which I'm sure he will. I absolutely cannot wait to see that first trailer for this whenever it does hit.
Netflix keep pushing this one on me so it might be time to check it out. :up:

I also can't wait for the first footage of this one.

Watched The King too. The movie was so-so, but Chalamet reminded me a bit of young Pacino. The way he acts with eyes.

Oscar Isaac Says Denis Villeneuve’s Vision for ‘Dune’ Is ‘Nightmarish’ and ‘Brutalist’

I couldn’t imagine anyone more suited for the tone of the original Frank Herbert novels than Denis,” Isaac said. “There are some things that are — for lack of a better word — nightmarish about what you see. There’s just this kind of brutalist element to it. It’s shocking. It’s scary. It’s very visceral. And I know that definitely between Denis and myself and Chalamet and Rebecca Ferguson as the family unit, we really searched for the emotion of it. I’m beyond myself with excitement. I think it’s good to feel cool, unique, and special.

giphy.gif

href=""

adapted into a graphic novel ...illustrated by Raúl Allén and Patricia Martín, with covers by Bill Sienkiewicz

dune_gn_leto.jpg

jessica.jpg

dune_gn_paul.jpg

stillsuit seems a bit of a hybrid of the miniseries cloth suit and the rubberized suit of the 84 film

669b.jpg

dune-006.jpg

6b.jpg

Last edited:
So, these are designs from the movie? Or it's artist's own interpretation with the characters resembling the actors of the movie?

Leto looks like the dad on Modern Family, lol.

Anyway, I hope Paul doesn't wear that thing up his nose for much of the movie. I don't care how accurate it is to the book; it looked ****ing stupid on Kyle MacLachlan and it looks stupid there.

Leto looks like the dad on Modern Family, lol.

Anyway, I hope Paul doesn't wear that thing up his nose for much of the movie. I don't care how accurate it is to the book; it looked ****ing stupid on Kyle MacLachlan and it looks stupid there.

Because it lacks the mouth piece :p (in the book, the stillsuit got a mouth piece and a head cap)
Fremen also wear a cape and hood.
The mini series stillsuits were more accurate than the movie's but ugly and cheap looking.
I prefer the movie version for the plastic leathery look and tight fitting (like the books).

Last edited:
Looks basic if these are movie designs. Should look better in live action, though.

Because it lacks the mouth piece :p (in the book, the stillsuit got a mouth piece and a head cap)
Fremen also wear a cape and hood.
The mini series stillsuits were more accurate than the movie's but ugly and cheap looking.
I prefer the movie version for the plastic leathery look and tight fitting (like the books).

Okay, yeah that makes sense I thought there was a mouthpiece and head covering.

I like the look of that stillsuit though, if it is actually representative of how it looks in the film. It has the right balance of design and science-fiction practicality; not so utilitarian as to be cheap-looking as the ones in the miniseries, but also not coming out of an H.R. Giger-inspired S&M party like the ones in the Lynch film.

He definitely had a beard in March-May 2019. Chalamet had longer hair too. So looks like these aren't the 2020 movie designs...

The comic doesn't have anything to do with the movie. It's a separate adaptation.

Since Star Wars has mostly **** the bed following and including (and IMO because of) TLJ. I really hope this can take off and become a good sci fi series.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"