• Rings of Power

Fantasy TV is now The Lord of the Rings!

• We're moving

Heroes are moving to the Movies sections!

Dune

I looked for it ( the trailer not the impressive beard ahah) there seem to be no sign for it, for the moment...Now the movie, will be released at the end of the year, there is plenty of time, and it seem that studios release less trailers, in advance, nowdays?

Last edited:
The trailer probably will be released with any of Warner's summer releases. Either Wonder Woman or Tenet.

Complete radio silence on this movie is oppressing. We didn't see a single thing from it. Even super-secret Tenet had BTS pics.

Yeah, kinda crazy when you think about it. Was it filmed entirely on sound stages or did they do some on location shooting? I would think they would have had to do some filming in a desert, right?

They did shoot on location. Jordan desert. We saw a couple of videos where Momoa shaves his face and I think a few tents with staff. Chalamet riding somewhere through the desert. If I remember correctly, we also saw some set being constructed (and it wasn't even clear what it was) with Villeneuve spotted nearby. And that's about it. Not entirely nothing, but nothing from actual filming. Costumes or whatever...

Ah okay. In that case, security must have been really tight. I hope we get a trailer soon.

Ah okay. In that case, security must have been really tight. I hope we get a trailer soon.

In the first part of the book, they are not that much scenes happening in the desert, it's mostly indoor. Once Paul & Jessica escape, we see a lot more of it but again, many scenes happen in the Fremen caves (called Sietch).
I suppose that's also why we didn't get many leaked pictures.

The only thing more shocking would be a bearded Chalamet but... I don't think he can grow one, lol.

Yeah I'm surprised we haven't at least got one legit costume leak by now, but I also respect the studios for keeping such a tight lid on this one until they are ready to show it. I'm guessing we won't get any real footage until WW84 or Tenet and then Warner Bros will surely go all out with some kind of big presentation at SDCC in July.

61523823_10156296367853616_7309389182164533248_n.jpg

Illustrations might be difrent, I thought Isaac had grown a Duke's beard for this.:D

Harvey Dent needs to cut that beard before he start shooting for The Batman.. Just kidding! I think he is going to be awesome in this movie!

LOTR, original Star Wars? Part of me wants to believe it.

There's potential to be this good, though.

As with anything of this nature I'd take it with a grain a salt.
You'll have to go through the thread because questions are answered individually.
My biggest take aways from it were...
The Emperor and Feyd are mentioned not shown.
Irulan is nowhere to be found as are the Fenrings.
Kynes has been gender swapped.
It ends after Jessica takes the Water of Life.

This is all stuff that's been speculated for awhile with the castings so nothing really spoilery.

I think it was. I remember Brolin saying something about getting in trouble just for putting stuff on Instagram while he was in Jordan.

The biggest surprise was who was playing Kynes... hmmm.

Have there been any rumors about who is playing him?

I hadn't ever heard of Clement before this, but still his comments kicked my hype into drive again, despite that it's too early.

This is easily my most anticipated film of the year, despite that I haven't even read the novel, and didn't like Lynch's film that much. Denis Villeneuve is just such a brilliant filmmaker and I'm so excited to see him tackle an epic sci-fi, especially given how masterfully he made a sequel to Blade Runner.

I usually want to read the novels first as they will inevitably have more depth and I like the deeper experience to be unspoiled. In this case I think I will wait though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cap2024
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"