Dune

The release date is December 18, 2020 so I dont think there was ever much chance of getting a teaser before summer. And with the way Blade Runner underperformed I doubt they want to bloat the budget of Dune with a long drawn out marketing campaign. But if we dont have anything by June then I'll get concerned.

So what's the reason to move the movie to 2021?
I can understand delays when filming of a movie is halted.

I thought this opened in November? They can't move everything. If they did, the studios won't release anything or make money. And if everyone pushed their movies back it'll be too crowded.

I thought this opened in November? They can't move everything. If they did, the studios won't release anything or make money. And if everyone pushed their movies back it'll be too crowded.
In December. 17 in Russia, 18 in US.
When do we get the teaser?
July-August, most likely. But maybe something will drop before that. Like pics or early impressions.

Last edited:
So Top Gun just moved to the december 2020 release date, um....ouch.

Nah, Dune will be a summer blockbuster in 2021.
With all that starpower and hype it could easily compete with a MCU movie in May
Never understood the November release date in the first place.
But it would be nice to see some official pics soon

Dune is not action oriented like a MCU film or something though. It's fast more cerebral, which I think makes it less appealing to the average summer blockbuster viewer.

Nah, Dune will be a summer blockbuster in 2021.
With all that starpower and hype it could easily compete with a MCU movie in May
Never understood the November release date in the first place.
But it would be nice to see some official pics soon
Or it could underperform like the last Blade Runner film?

I don't see any seehype for this outside of movie sites.

They didn't show a single official frame from the movie yet. So obviously it's too early to judge amount of hype.
Casting for Batman and Catwoman had people talking outside of movie sites before they started filming

I just dont believe at this point, Dune would be a heavy hitter that could take on a Mcu movie at the box office. I don't even know who's in the movie. Imo, itd be lucky if it performs similarly to Pokemon Detective Pikachu.

Casting for Batman and Catwoman had people talking outside of movie sites before they started filming

I just dont believe at this point, Dune would be a heavy hitter that could take on a Mcu movie at the box office. I don't even know who's in the movie. Imo, itd be lucky if it performs similarly to Pokemon Detective Pikachu.
I don't think it can take on an MCU movie. But in defense of Dune, not many things can even among blockbusters.

Batman example isn't fair either, since it's a comic book movie and comic book movies are at their height of popularity. And Batman is among the most popular comic book franchises ever. If not the most, if we talk strictly about movies (and games). So if it's not some currently popular franchise, it's completely normal to not see hype talk about a movie outside dedicated sites.

If almost nobody talks about Dune after trailers, then I'll be worried for real.

Just sitting here calmly, waiting for the delay announcement:

x16T86m.gif

Everything will be moved a tad. Since the world is on pause for 1-2 months.

Just sitting here calmly, waiting for the delay announcement:

x16T86m.gif
Since it's coming out in december it should be one of the last delays we have so I wouldnt expect an announcement until June or July or whenever they were originally planning to begin marketing.

OK so Top Gun is Dec. 23 now?

The thing is if you delay Dune, I'm not sure it would play as well with summer fare, but we'll see.

We still don't know where Tenet is going to end up either, in a way Dune is going to be going up against some form of competition at this point no matter what because a backlog of unreleased films is building up. Either they will have to delay it until 2022 or take a leap of faith and release it anyways in december or against fair competition in 2021. There simply isn't going to be a perfect spot to try and force this movies success within the next 12 months plus.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"