DVD problem

Cyma

Civilian
Reaction score
My Dad recently bought a DVD player. When I rented the Underworld:Evolution DVD, some of it’s features(movie trailers and music video) didn’t play. And then I was introduced to the Region Coding Enhancement (RCE).

Since buying another DVD player is impossible right now, my question is….will a DVD ROM be able to play those features on the PC?

Or you could hack your DVD player so that it is region free.

Kable24 said:
Or you could hack your DVD player so that it is region free.
Not really hacking its just an engineer code.

Whats you dvds players model and make number? look on the box or the manual if it doesn`t say on the player.

True, but they can be found on hacking websites sometimes.

Under The Rose said:
Not really hacking its just an engineer code.

Whats you dvds players model and make number? look on the box or the manual if it doesn`t say on the player.

I think I posted this before, but it got deleted or something :confused: The number is FDP-987. What do I do next?

By the way, thanks for answering everyone. But I figured out the problem….and now I have a different one.

The DVD I rented….it was a pirated one. I was aware that piracy is high here, but I guess I didn’t think it would be any problem. But for DVDs it is a problem. Though the movie is there, the special features and other extras aren’t. This is because it was saved on DVD-R which is of only 4GB.

Ok I read about the different DVD formats once and I managed to understand the difference in sizes. But what I don’t understand is that do all the DVD formats look the same or differently? I need to know so I can distinguish between the original and pirated(usually DVD-R) DVDs.

Under The Rose said:
whats the make of it? Goodmans? Sony? Philips? bush?
It’s something I’ve never heard of: First1

I would laugh if he tried BRD on the DVD Player (BRD is Blue Ray Disc) But I trust he got the DVD, how much you get the DVD player for and what's the company? Also if you got a warranty I say return it and get a new one.

Asteroid-Man said:
I would laugh if he tried BRD on the DVD Player (BRD is Blue Ray Disc) But I trust he got the DVD, how much you get the DVD player for and what's the company? Also if you got a warranty I say return it and get a new one.

*Ahem* I’m a she! I don’t think there’s any need to return the player when the problem is with the DVDs here.

No video shop here keeps BRDs. They’re just too expensive, and who will rent or buy it if only a few of the millions have a HD-DVD player here? And if BRDs and DVDs look anything alike then yes, you wouldn’t be surprised to find me trying to play BRD on my DVD player :o Obviously you haven’t seen piracy like I have. The DVD may look perfectly original, but it’s not. And every store here is filled with these fake DVDs! :eek:

Cyma said:
My Dad recently bought a DVD player. When I rented the Underworld:Evolution DVD, some of it’s features(movie trailers and music video) didn’t play. And then I was introduced to the Region Coding Enhancement (RCE).

Since buying another DVD player is impossible right now, my question is….will a DVD ROM be able to play those features on the PC?
Yep. Should work nicely. I had this same problem with Spider-Man 2 Disc 2. DVD-ROM also can play DVD-R/DVD+R/DVD-RW/DVD+RW/VCD/SVCD/etc. which some DVD players also have trouble playing.

For instance, my big expensive DVD/VHS combo has trouble playing all those formats I mentioned above. Basically, it will only play regular DVDs. But it plays them well and never skips. My cheap little $30 DVD player in my bedroom can't play regular DVDs without skipping 2-3 times and sometimes freezes. But it plays DVD-R and those other formats perfectly. Hardly ever skips! Go figure :rolleyes:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"