Dynasty movie

Dark Raven

It's not about what you deserve...
Reaction score
I know this is old news from January this year, but I thought I would bring this up again:

US soap Dynasty 'to be made into a film'

_50796761_dynasty1_bodyap.jpg
Joan Collins, John Forsythe and Linda Evans were the stars of the original show

The creators of 1980s soap Dynasty have announced plans to turn the US series into a film, according to reports.

Esther and Richard Shapiro are working on a prequel about Blake Carrington finding out he is heir to the family's oil empire.

"It was my daughter Florie's notion to do a prequel, and that sounded very good to us," Richard Shapiro said.

The original series starred Joan Collins and the late John Forsythe and ran from 1981 to 1989.

"We've given thought to the movie before and we've been approached by a lot of companies," Shapiro told the E! Online website.
"But no one seemed to have a proper fix on it. Then suddenly we said, 'Let's do it [ourselves]!' - and we're the ones to do it."

The movie version will be set in the 1960s and will feature Blake's love affair with Collins' character Alexis.

Catfights, glamour and giant shoulder pads became synonymous with the show, which also starred Linda Evans and the late Christopher Cazenove

Did anyone ever watch this soap? Could this film work?

I wouldn't mind seeing a movie version of this set in the Mad Men era. I heard rumblings earlier that Ryan Gosling could play Blake Carrington. That might not be a bad choice.

Who would you cast for other roles? Not that there are a lot of other roles to cast. Remember that this is before the children are born and instead when Blake met Alexis, and before the days of Crystal Carrington, unless Crystal is a much smaller role as Blake's secretary. If that is the case, then I'm not sure who could play her.

For a young Alexis, I would cast Anne Hathaway. Not just because I like her, but because she does have some similarity to Joan Collins, and has that air of sophistication and elegance needed for the character.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"