Edgerton & Chastain to star in The Disappearance of Eleanor Rigby

Lencho01

Shazoogle! Shazoogle!
Reaction score
http://collider.com/joel-edgerton-jessica-chastain-the-disapprance-of-eleanor-rigby/142494/

Joel Edgerton and Jessica Chastain to Star in Paired Films, THE DISAPPEARANCE OF ELEANOR RIGBY: HIS and THE DISAPPEARANCE OF ELEANOR RIGBY: HERS

by Matt Goldberg Posted:February 2nd, 2012 at 1:58 pm

joel-edgerton-jessica-chastain-slice.jpg
Joel Edgerton and Jessica Chastain will star in The Disappearance of Eleanor Rigby: His and The Disappearance of Eleanor Rigby: Hers. The love story explores a New York City couple’s relationship during a difficult time in their marriage from the perspectives of the restaurant owner husband and of the wife, who goes back to college. Presumably, “His” will be from Edgerton’s perspective and “Hers” will be from Chastain’s. Ned Benson‘s two scripts sound like an intriguing premise, and it doesn’t hurt having Edgerton and Chastain as your leads. William Hurt is in talks to join the cast.

Variety adds that the films will be stand-alone, so it’s not like one is the sequel to the other. Having them released at the same time and available to view in either order is an exciting prospect. Myriad Pictures plans to shop the project around the Berlin Film Festival next week. Hit the jump for the press release and a quick refresher on Edgerton and Chastain’s upcoming projects.

Edgerton and Chastain are already set to co-star in Kathryn Bigelow‘s untitled “Hunt for Osama Bin Laden” picture. Edgerton previously passed through Sundance in the indie Wish You Were Here, and he’ll be seen later this year in the family flick The Odd Life of Timothy Green and Baz Luhrmann‘s adaptation of The Great Gatsby.

Chastain’s coming off a recent Best Supporting Actress Oscar-nomination (the general consensus is that she deserved it, but for The Tree of Life and not The Help), and after starring in every other film in 2011, she’s got multiple films lined up for 2012. In addition to Bigelow’s picture, Chastain is also in the horror film Mama, John Hillcoat‘s The Wettest County, and an untitled feature from Terrence Malick.

Here’s the press release:​
February 2, 2012 – Santa Monica…. Academy Award®-nominee Jessica Chastain (The Help, The Tree of Life) and Joel Edgerton (Warrior, Wish You Were Here) have signed on to star in a double-feature film project for Myriad Pictures: The Disappearance of Eleanor Rigby: His and The Disappearance of Eleanor Rigby: Hers.

The love story explores a New York City couple’s relationship during a difficult time in their marriage, from the different perspective of the husband, (Edgerton), a restaurant owner, and of the wife (Chastain), who goes back to college. Academy Award® ‐ winner and 5-time nominee William Hurt (The Kiss of the Spider Woman, Syriana) is in discussion to join the cast.

Ned Benson (In Defiance of Gravity) wrote the two scripts and will direct both films. Cassandra Kulukundis (A Late Quartet, In Defiance of Gravity) is producing. Kulukundis is also Casting Director (There Will Be Blood, Shattered Glass).

Kirk D’Amico, CEO of Myriad Pictures, is excited to be bringing the project to Berlin next week. “Ned has created rich and engaging characters. They are complex, and it is unique to have two different scripts to tell the story. It doesn’t matter which script you read first, you absolutely want to read the other perspective.”

The Disappearance of Eleanor Rigby also represents an alternate approach to content, which D’Amico feels is relevant with the changing distribution models. “It is possible to consider making films in a completely different way than the single production method one film at a time. We’re intrigued also to work with our distributors to discover what kind of releasing and promotional options may arise.”

But both films will be stand-alone movies. D’Amico added, “We have to make both films work on their own, both for the buyers but also for the audiences. Together these films will describe a fully, more complete look at these characters and their lives.”

The deal for Myriad was negotiated by Senior Vice President of Business Affairs David Ducar and Director of Acquisitions and Production Ari Haas, and Alan Grodin for the producers.

I'm already interested in this projects because of Chastain and Edgerton's involvement with it. It also helps that the idea of single story told from two different perspectives in two films sounds truly innovative.

On top of that, the nod to The Beatles' song. :up:

Apparently Edgerton Has been replaced By James McAvoy

Press Release
Golden Globe®-nominee James McAvoy (Atonement, X-Men First Class) will star opposite Academy® Award-nominee Jessica Chastain (The Help, The Tree of Life) in the double-feature film project for Myriad Pictures, The Disappearance of Eleanor Rigby: Him and The Disappearance of Eleanor Rigby: Her.
Ned Benson (In Defiance of Gravity) wrote the two scripts and will direct both films.
The love story explores how a married couple in New York City deals with an emotional, life-altering experience, from the two different perspectives of the husband, Conor, (McAvoy), a restaurant owner, and of the wife, Eleanor, (Chastain), who goes back to college. Cassandra Kulukundis (A Late Quartet, In Defiance of Gravity) is producing. Kulukundis is also casting director (There Will Be Blood, Shattered Glass).
James McAvoy received a Golden Globe®-nomination for his performance opposite Kiera Knightley in the critically acclaimed film, Atonement. Other film credits include The Last King of Scotland with Forrest Whitaker, The Last Station with Helen Mirren and most recently in the box office hit X Men: First Class. He will next be seen starring in the new Danny Boyle film, Trance, in Eran Creevy’s, Welcome to the Punch and in Jon S. Baird’s, Filth. James is represented by UTA and United Agents.
Jessica Chastain was nominated for an Academy® Award for her performance in the 2011 critically-acclaimed drama The Help. The same year she appeared in The Debt, with Helen Mirren and Tom Wilkinson, and in Terence Malick’s The Tree of Life. Jessica stars with Shia LaBeouf and Guy Pearce in The Weinstein Company’s Lawless, and the actress is in Cannes this week promoting the film. Jessica is also starring in Kathryn Bigelow’s new film Zero Dark Thirty.
Myriad Pictures is pre-selling the title in Cannes this week. CEO Kirk D’Amico said, “I am thrilled that we can share the excitement of James joining the cast with our buyers in Cannes, who have been so enthusiastic about the project from the beginning. James is one of the finest actors working today and I look forward to seeing Ned’s rich, complex characters come alive.”
Myriad presented the scripts to buyers at the European Film Market, who were intrigued by the concept. “The Disappearance of Eleanor Rigby represents an alternate approach to content,” said D’Amico. “New distribution models make it creatively possible for feature films to break out of the format of one 90- minute experience.”
But both films will be stand-alone movies. D’Amico added, “We have to make both films work on their own, both for the buyers but also for the audiences. Together these films will describe a fully, more complete look at these characters and their lives.”
http://collider.com/james-mcavoy-disappearance-of-eleanor-rigby/167942/

I'm a Chastain fanboy now, so I'm in.:up:

I preferred Edgerton for the role however McAvoy is a solid replacement.

Trailer...

‘The Disappearance of Eleanor Rigby’ International Trailer Shows Both Halves of the Story

Posted on Thursday, August 14th, 2014 by Russ Fischer
disappearance-eleanor-rigby-trailer-550x283.jpg
The Disappearance of Eleanor Rigby is an unusual film. In its original form, it is really two movies, subtitled Him and Her, following characters played by James McAvoy and Jessica Chastain as they each experience two sides of a tumultuous relationship. But the project will first hit theaters in the US as a single-version film subtitled Them, which weaves together the two viewpoints. (And, in doing so, necessarily discards some of each experience.) This new Hong Kong trailer shows the split film in a way we haven’t quite seen in other trailers; check out the new The Disappearance of Eleanor Rigby splitscreen trailer below.

[YT]2gP58r22DBg[/YT]

The Disappearance of Eleanor Rigby: Them opens on September 12, and the two individual films The Disappearance of Eleanor Rigby Him/Her get out to theaters on October 10. Trailer via FirstShowing.
With his unique vision, writer/director Ned Benson ambitiously captures a complete picture of a relationship in the beautifully relatable portrait of love, empathy and truth that is THE DISAPPEARANCE OF ELEANOR RIGBY. Once happily married, Conor (McAvoy) and Eleanor (Chastain) suddenly find themselves as strangers longing to understand each other in the wake of tragedy. The film explores the couple’s story as they try to reclaim the life and love they once knew and pick up the pieces of a past that may be too far gone. Screened for the first time at the 2014 Cannes Film Festival, Benson’s latest version of their story combines his previous two films – titled HIM and HER – uniting their perspectives and taking a further look into the subjectivity of relationships.

Thread title fix to show that James "Professor X" McAvoy is actually starring in this now?

When I saw the title of this thread, for a second I thought it said Edge & Christian to star in The Disappearance of Eleanor Rigby.

By the way, I think these where intended for a theatrical release in Australia, however may have been dumped DTV.

When I saw the title of this thread, for a second I thought it said Edge & Christian to star in The Disappearance of Eleanor Rigby.

The movie will consist of nothing but 5 second poses.

I really liked both the Him & Her version. Just finished watching them. Havent seen the "Them" version although I hear it's not as good.

I thought Chastain deserved an Oscar nod, for her role in Her

All three are on Netflix now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"