Egyptian blogger gets 4 years jail time for insulting president and islam

I agree.

For the record, as a Muslim I condemn this treatment by Egypt and these practices violate the teachings of Islam. As long as the governments of Muslim countries continue to prevert Islam in order to oppress their citizens, and as long as the people continue to support corrupt leadership, they will remain 3rd world countries under the dicates on Imperialism and colonialism.
Also, its these misuses of Islam that portrays the entire religion in a bad way to many ppl who dont have alot of contact with Muslims. This can only lead to more cultural misunderstanding......

I agree.

For the record, as a Muslim I condemn this treatment by Egypt and these practices violate the teachings of Islam. As long as the governments of Muslim countries continue to prevert Islam in order to oppress their citizens, and as long as the people continue to support corrupt leadership, they will remain 3rd world countries under the dicates on Imperialism and colonialism.

Exactly, it's examples like this that have created the distorted view of islam the world over. These governments are no better than terrorist organisations, albiet attempting to put a legitimate face on proceedings.

Also, its these misuses of Islam that portrays the entire religion in a bad way to many ppl who dont have alot of contact with Muslims. This can only lead to more cultural misunderstanding......

Exactly, it's examples like this that have created the distorted view of islam the world over. These governments are no better than terrorist organisations, albiet attempting to put a legitimate face on proceedings.

HAHAHA, oh man we had the same thought at the same time

This is the challenge and dilemma of moderate mainstream Western Muslims like myself.

We have the media that gives a distorted image of Islam, as well as people who have Islamophobia as a result, terrorist groups, the Governments of oppressive Muslim countries, and ignorant immigrant Muslims who have bought in to the false Islamic dogma that was taught to them in their homeland by radical state sponsored Imams.

We have our work cut out for us.

I understand what a frustrating situation you and your people are in, Raybia. But there is hope.

Look at it this way. There was a time when the English treated every Irish person with suspicion, afraid they were going to bomb them. The police were very heavy handed with the Irish and raided homes at random.

But things change.

I understand what a frustrating situation you and your people are in, Raybia. But there is hope.

Look at it this way. There was a time when the English treated every Irish person with suspicion, afraid they were going to bomb them. The police were very heavy handed with the Irish and raided homes at random.

But things change.

You are right. Just over 144 years ago my forefathers were in slavery in America, now a Black man has a legitimate chance as President of the U.S.

He's the best canditate really. Not just because he's well spoken, but he has some good ideas and policies.

I'm in complete agreement with hippy fascist.
this disturbs me. :dry:

terrorist groups, the Governments of oppressive Muslim countries, and ignorant immigrant Muslims who have bought in to the false Islamic dogma that was taught to them in their homeland by radical state sponsored Imams.

We have our work cut out for us.

If this is something you actually want to iron out, as it were, I salute you. Admittedly, I know little about your beliefs. I know it contradicts my beliefs but that doesn’t mean I don’t respect your right to your own faith. But these Kooks that you mention here are the reason I get real uncomfortable around Muslims and have Islamophobia. But then again, any nuttjob can have a bomb straped to his chest. It's a scary world.

Everyone in America has the right to Medical Care...:huh:

I am against Universal Medicare though because it causes many problems in Canada. You have Canadians coming into America for certain types of surgeries - sometimes life saving - because the waiting lists are so long in Canada. Also you have no medical breakthroughs coming out from Canada like you do in America - because of their system. Nationalizing industries rarely works - look at Public Schools in America.

All Children should be protected by Government insurance - outside of that it is the responsibility of the person. It sounds cold, but thats capitalism.
That is no where near true my friend.

That is no where near true my friend.

Britain has free healthcare and there's plenty of "medical breakthroughs" happening over here.

At the end of the day a person on welfare should never be faced with a choice between medical treatment and eating.

Also, some people may be coming over to america for operations, but you'll never see a person in canada denied treatment simply because they don't have enough money. It may take longer but EVERYONE gets treated.

they have the right to Medical care.
and the right to pay for it.
it's semantics but it's true.

But these Kooks that you mention here are the reason I get real uncomfortable around Muslims and have Islamophobia. But then again, any nuttjob can have a bomb straped to his chest. It's a scary world.

These so-called kooks scare me as well. Just because the radical and extremist factions in Islam call themselves Muslims doesn't give them any kinship with me.

They would assume kill me if it supports their agenda as anyone else.

Religion is not what drives them, they use religion to justify and to hide behind.

As long as the terrorist's enemies use Islam and all Muslims as a scapegoat, then it provides them with a protective shield.

Muslim lives were lost on 9/11 too.

Britain has free healthcare and there's plenty of "medical breakthroughs" happening over here.

At the end of the day a person on welfare should never be faced with a choice between medical treatment and eating.

Also, some people may be coming over to america for operations, but you'll never see a person in canada denied treatment simply because they don't have enough money. It may take longer but EVERYONE gets treated.

Exactly. Here in the states it's a terrible fiasco. If you're homeless and ill, chances are you won't be treated because you lack insurance. Guess what...you can't get insurance unless you own a home or are living somewhere with an address. Guess what...Homeless people are...homeless.

It's a sucky way to treat the people they scream so loudly about protecting with "war". But thats another topic. Let's stay on this one.

If this is something you actually want to iron out, as it were, I salute you. Admittedly, I know little about your beliefs. I know it contradicts my beliefs but that doesn’t mean I don’t respect your right to your own faith. But these Kooks that you mention here are the reason I get real uncomfortable around Muslims and have Islamophobia. But then again, any nuttjob can have a bomb straped to his chest. It's a scary world.

Oklahoma City proved that beyond a shadow of a doubt. And that was perpetrated by right-wing ultraconservative Christian militants with an axe to grind against the government. Why hasn't the government put as much time and money into putting all of those kinds of people out of commission? They're infinitely more dangerous, after all, and they're already HERE. :huh:

Extremists come in all flavors and creeds, kids.

jag

These so-called kooks scare me as well. Just because the radical and extremist factions in Islam call themselves Muslims doesn't give them any kinship with me.

They would assume kill me if it supports their agenda as anyone else.

Religion is not what drives them, they use religion to justify and to hide behind.

As long as the terrorist's enemies use Islam and all Muslims as a scapegoat, then it provides them with a protective shield.

Muslim lives were lost on 9/11 too.

After the talks we've had in the past raybia I knew that all Muslims/you weren't like those KOOKS. I'm not trying to sound ignorant but the facts are the facts. Stereotypes are stereotypes. I really wish it weren’t this way and I’m sure you feel the same way. The sad fact is that greed, power or world domination, whatever get in the way of human beings being human beings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis Slim
I guess America ain't so bad, is it??? :yay:

Scotty BBad: "No it is not".[/QUOTE]

Wow....sure took a long time for that to be agreed on. :up:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member