ELDER SCROLLS III: OBLIVION PS3 EDITION REVEALED (Screens + new content)

Zenien

Reaction score
http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3154065

The game will introduce a new faction to the Oblivion world, one that's available right at the beginning called Knights of the Nine and described by the developers as "the good Dark Brotherhood." The goal here is to become the Divine Crusader (think part warrior, part priest), and the quest features new locations, characters, armor and weapons.

"Oblivion has these really good character archetypes for evil," says executive producer Todd Howard. "It has the Dark Brotherhood: You get your outfit, you feel like an assassin, you feel like an evil guy, [and] you role-play like an evil guy. We [didn't] have the opposite end of that. There [was] very little reward for being a goody two-shoes."

"As opposed to adding content that allowed your character to just experience new quests, we wanted to create something that allowed your character to become something new," he continues.

Fans may also be excited to hear that the series is heading to PSP in Elder Scrolls Travels: Oblivion, a game that plays very similarly to its big brother but takes place in a completely different setting.

Take a look at the first images =http://www.1up.com/do/media?cId=3150341]here

media

media

It's actually the 4th game, not the third :o

Anyways, I was surprised by this, I didn't expect the series to make the jump until the 5th version. Hopefully they use the harddrive to improve the god awful pop in, and maybe even retool level scaling so that the game is worth the $50.

Oops. :(

I'm not like super enthused about since I alreayd played as much of Oblivion as I could really stand to on the 360, but hopefully they've used the time to fix the little things... LIKE LEVEL SCALLING! :mad:

Looking at the screenshot you posted, it actually looks kind of degraded, the water doesn't look as good and they removed the tall grass everywhere that everyone loved, and I think I see a jaggie :o[/fanboy]

I've blocked my memories of Oblivion after I attempted to close 6th gate (worst and most boring idea ever). So I can't really tell right now. I wonder if you're being truthful or not. :(

I actually am being truthful, even though I don't really care because the draw distance is improved and that matters much more to me. The tall grass is clearly gone, but to me that's an improvement because I hated the tall grass, it made it very difficult to see enemies/find their corpses, and was the chief reason for the pop in being so noticeable, and the water looks much worse in that shot, but meh, there's no exactly a lot of water in Oblivion. They made a few cuts to get it up and running, but it's not really a blow to the game. The Elder Scrolls forums are pissed the hell off at this though, since I think this content isn't appearing on the PC or 360 versions :O

I stopped after the adoring fan repeated to pop out of ****ing nowhere after I just killed him a few days earlier.

Example:

I kill him in the Wizard's Tower, throw his body on my bed, dry hump his corpse, and then steal his clothes. The following day I'm robbing stuff from the ArchMage's chamber when he ****ing pops in through one of the teleporters. I began to cry as I bludgeoned his face with my hammer for eight minutes :cmad:

**** the annoying fan, he was extremely annoying. That was probably one of the worst ideas I've ever seen, it's right beside level scaling and "haha, can't delete spells!". God they dropped the ball with this one, please let ESV be better :(

CM Punk said:
I actually am being truthful, even though I don't really care because the draw distance is improved and that matters much more to me. The tall grass is clearly gone, but to me that's an improvement because I hated the tall grass, it made it very difficult to see enemies/find their corpses, and was the chief reason for the pop in being so noticeable, and the water looks much worse in that shot, but meh, there's no exactly a lot of water in Oblivion. They made a few cuts to get it up and running, but it's not really a blow to the game. The Elder Scrolls forums are pissed the hell off at this though, since I think this content isn't appearing on the PC or 360 versions :O

Well they could be running into the 256 megs, or the fact that they're porting it for launch to a totally new architecture that has lesser tool support in the same year the original was released. All or of the above. Water aside, I can't imagine they'd need to remove the grass.

If they were trying to reduce pop in or make it less obvious, they'd have to remove the grass.

media

I notice that the blue "x" is still shown in this screenshot. Would they not change it to a black "x" to match what the PS3's controller looks like?

Not a complaint or anything. It wouldn't affect the game either way, but just something I noticed.

That's at different times of day so it's not really a good comparison, the PS3 version doesn't really sparkle in the sun. The annoying fan happens when you finish up the arena quest line, he's terrible, don't try to get him or you'll regret it. :down

Well duh, only cool people have fans :rolleyes:
:p

Zenien, do you have Halo PC? I've had this urge for months to impale your face with bullets ever since you launched that ****ing toilet at me in HL2 DM :( :cmad:

YEs I do but I'd prefer to bounce more toilets off your head.

Probably not. Judging by the fact that there's an xbox360 button in a screenshot for this "added content", I'd say it'll hit the marketplace the day this game is released on PS3.

CM Punk said:
Probably not. Judging by the fact that there's an xbox360 button in a screenshot for this "added content", I'd say it'll hit the marketplace the day this game is released on PS3.

That's a Playstation 3 X. Not an Xbox 360 X

800px-PS3_controllers_at_CES_2006.jpg

360controller.jpg

Notice how the X in the screenshot looks more similar to the Playstation X button that has the black background, than the Xbox 360's fully blue X button

However, I do agree that this added content for the Playstation 3 version of Oblivion will end up on the Xbox 360's marketplace just like Grand Theft Auto IV's exclusive content for the Xbox 360 will probally end up on the Playstation 3's marketplace

Having played the 360 version for many hours, that's a 360 X, I've seen it a lot :o

hippie_hunter said:
However, I do agree that this added content for the Playstation 3 version of Oblivion will end up on the Xbox 360's marketplace just like Grand Theft Auto IV's exclusive content for the Xbox 360 will probally end up on the Playstation 3's marketplace

Oh good, this new Guild better come to 360. I don't feel like buying another 360. :o

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"