Elder Scrolls V - Part 7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, though I never really had the performance issues others were having to begin with. Out of the entire time I've played it on PS3, I think I had one laggy session for 30 seconds, and that's it. So far I've had no freezes, or crashes in Dragonborn. That's just me though, can't speak for others.

Heh...that quest for that one black book in the Dwarven ruin was tons of fun!

Well, I have downloaded Dragonborn onto my PS3. I've been playing a bit of it and I am now stuck in the mines and trying to get through the door with the glowing red runes on it. I have figure out how to do the vertical power swing but not the horizontal on the PS3 controller. Any ideas?

Well, I have downloaded Dragonborn onto my PS3. I've been playing a bit of it and I am now stuck in the mines and trying to get through the door with the glowing red runes on it. I have figure out how to do the vertical power swing but not the horizontal on the PS3 controller. Any ideas?

Move while charging slash. Walking back, or forward while holding down attack.

Alright, I decided a week or two ago to resume playing this game and *sigh* I have a problem. Durak keeps attacking me. Apparently it's because I have a Bounty on me and I can't get rid of it. It started in Markarth. I decided to investigate the Forsworn Conspiracy and decided to go to Jail willingly, so I could meet up with their King. Long story short, helped him escape, only to kill him and Thonar once I was out. But I still have the Bounty that I got automatically, when the corrupt guards decided to throw me into the mine. I tried talking to the guards, but I don't get an option to pay off my bounty. Even sneaked into the mine in order to serve my jail time. All I get is a resting option.

I keep restarting this game. Not sure if good or bad thing.

Well, it depends. Do you keep restarting it because of bugs and corrupt saves? Or because you are never happy with your character?

Finished Dawnguard yesterday; really good DLC. Serana is an awesome follower, I'm going to keep her around for a while.

The boss battle with the two Ice dragons was awesome too. One of the coolest parts of the whole game.

Yea i liked Serana a lot too and i hate followers. She's been the only one i really liked.

Anyways here's my newest character:
2m5e32u.jpg

Last edited:
I am just getting the biggest amusement in that my combat ready team is a little, purple Pygmy and a deranged Jester. If I summon Lucien I'll have quite an eclectic ensemble of fighters. Yep, I sided with the Rieklings in the Thirsk hall Quest. I figured a small army of these guys attacking at random was worth more than more marriage options and another smithy.

Rieklings=Smurfs on Meth

So, You've played with no problems so far? That's good to know.

I'm curious what you'll think of Dawnguard...and Serana in particular.

Rieklings=Smurfs on Meth

Those little buggers are really tough! I guess they work on the principle of the tinier they are the stronger they are, kind of like the Shakalaka in Monster Hunter Freedon Unite. Between Cicero and the Riekling in my party they took out a Dragon without my help.

So, You've played with no problems so far? That's good to know.

Well I had one instance of my game freezing on me when absorbing a Dragon Soul. I finished the main storyline without any issues though and beat Miraak rather easily without him staying in Ethereal mode.

I'm curious what you'll think of Dawnguard...and Serana in particular.

Oh I am interested in what Dawnguard has in store! It'll be fun to ride around on a skeletal horse. And I've heard that in terms of combat skills Serana is the best companion you can have.

I'm pretty excited about Hearthfire releasing this week though. Can't wait to adopt a few kids and have a farm in Rorikstead. Cicero and my Riekling will fit in just fine, lol.

P.S. I'm having ridiculous fun with those Cthulhu Tentacle weapons you get from beating Miraak.

Last edited:
Oy...easy on the spoilers, woman! I haven't advanced that far in Dragonborn!

Serana is the best companion in Skyrim. period. Only one with actual personality.You'll like her. Her conversations with your character made it seems like the two of you got a real connection. She doesn't just talk about quests related stuff...you'll see.

And in terms of combat skills, if you got her early, she's a bit over powered actually. She'll kill enemies before you got chance to react.

Last edited:
Finished Dawnguard yesterday; really good DLC. Serana is an awesome follower, I'm going to keep her around for a while.

The boss battle with the two Ice dragons was awesome too. One of the coolest parts of the whole game.
Dawnguard was my favourite of the DLCS and Serana was my favourite (& everyone else's apparently!) companion.

Serana is the best companion in Skyrim. period. Only one with actual personality.You'll like her. Her conversations with your character made it seems like the two of you got a real connection. She doesn't just talk about quests related stuff...you'll see.
All the companions should have been like this. Even if it meant much less choice for companions I would prefer it.

Yesterday I had to take a break off Dragonborn. I wanted to go ahead and finish leveling BS, and enchanting to make better gear before I get in too deep on the main quest. Finally got all but frost, and shock enchantment upgrades, and finished blacksmithing. I'm happy with everything, but had to wait, and buy some soul gems when I ran out towards the end (which was still profitable, $80 petty + $10 ore + $5 leather strap = $800 iron banish dagger). Have my new Daedric 2 enchant weapons, and Dragonscale enchanted armor, and jewlery.

Right before I'm ready for bed I decide to put everything up (already up an hour later than normal). The problem came when I went to mess with my chest, and looted everything. 4000 pounds over encumbered, it was a mess, lol. So I thought I'd waddle downstairs to do a little alchemy since I had all my herbs on me now. As I go into the room in Whiterun I see the chest next to the alchemy table, and remember I had a separate chest for all my ingredients set up. It had all the soul gems I could have wanted, and spent time select + waiting two days to buy from a vendor. So I looted all of that, finished making a lot of potions, put everything back in the right two chests, and got to bed 3 hours late, lol.

RPG's, especially Bethseda games, have a way of making you oblivious to how much time you're spending doing trivial things, like sorting chest contents and crafting things. So today Hearthfire is out, and I imagine I'll be like a sleep depraved zombie by the weekend, lol.

^^LOL i know how that feels. I dunno how many times i've said to myself; 'okay...just one more hour, then bed!'

...and then it's three or four hours later.

I spent hours playing Hearthfire over the weekend; you'll be going back & forth a ton.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"