Elder Scrolls V

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got 100% on all achievements on Oblivion last night. Pretty happy with myself :p

Yeah, I went back to it when I realised how close I was to hundred percenting it :p

Yeah Oblivion was one of those good games where it was easy to get 100% on.

It's as annoying as EA sports games.

I'm debating if I should pick up the rerelease of Oblivion for my 360, or just wait until Skyrim.........

I tried getting into Oblivion in the past, but the character models are just so........blah. and on the consoles, I don't have access to all the cool mods that let you make attractive characters.......

I would advise against it. I made a really good looking Nord on the 360 but IMHO Oblivion hasn't aged well AT all. Just wait for Skyrim.

I'm debating if I should pick up the rerelease of Oblivion for my 360, or just wait until Skyrim.........

I tried getting into Oblivion in the past, but the character models are just so........blah. and on the consoles, I don't have access to all the cool mods that let you make attractive characters.......

If you didnt like Oblivion the first go round, you wont like it here.

thanks, guys.

yeah......I think I'll wait till Skyrim then.......

it's only a few months away.........

*sigh* I really wish this game was coming out in September/October rather than November. That just seems to far away.

Collector's Edition Announced
http://bethblog.com/index.php/2011/08/05/quakecon-2011-skyrim-collectors-edition-announced/
skyrim_ce_items_x360-1024x792.jpg

For months many of you have asked for details on whether or not there will be Collector’s Edition for Skyrim. At the end of a rousing QuakeCon presentation, game director Todd Howard confirmed its existence.

The limited collector’s edition for The Elder Scrolls® V: Skyrim™ will be available for Xbox 360, PS3, and Games for Windows and can be pre-ordered now through participating retailers in North America, Europe and Australia. Like the regular release of the game, the Collector’s Edition will be available on 11.11.11

In addition to including the highly-anticipated game, this premium version of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim also includes:

Alduin Statue: Created in conjunction with the IP Factory, this collector’s only statue stands 12” tall and is made of high quality PVC. Modeled from actual in-game 3D digital files, it showcases Alduin, the World Eater. He stands perched atop one the game’s many dragon walls that teach the player the lethal language of dragons.

‘The Art of Skyrim’ Official Art Book: Featuring over 200 pages of striking, full-color illustrations, sketches and models, this stunning 9 3/8” x 12 1/8” coffee table book showcases the characters, creatures, environments, and weaponry of Skyrim. With a foreword by game director Todd Howard and commentary from Bethesda Game Studios artists, readers will be guided through the game’s iconic visual style.

‘The Making of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim’ DVD This documentary DVD contains exclusive, behind-the-scenes footage, including interviews with the Bethesda Game Studios team as they take you from concept to creation and provide insights into the story, gameplay, setting, legacy of the Elder Scrolls franchise, and much more.

The Collector’s Edition will be available through pre-order and it retails for $149.99 (US), €149.99 (Europe), £129.99 (UK), and A$199.99 (Australia). If you’re interested in purchasing, we recommend you pre-order now, as the it will be available in extremely limited quantities.

I was really excited to see what the collector's edition would be, I'm hyped for this game and was planning on picking it up... but this is pretty disappointing. 150 bucks for a statue, making of dvd and an art book? No thanks. The lack of in-game items is a bummer.

Oh well, now that that's out of the way I can pre-order the regular edition and get my physical map on.

That's a pretty cool statue and a nicer art book than most, but I'll pass. The fancy map I'm getting for preordering is enough for me.

It's a shame that it doesn't come with a new Pocket Guide to the Empire. That would have been interesting to read.

Also, am I the only one that couldn't care less about these big bulky items (like that statue) they keep putting in these collector's editions?

Last edited:
I'm with you, Geo. I was really excited for it and thought it might be the first CE I instantly buy. But that's too expensive for what you get. I would have bought it at $100, but $150 is too much.

Also, am I the only one that couldn't care less about these big bulky items (like that statue) they keep putting in these collector's editions?
Nope. Now, this is cool because it's a dragon. But a statue like from Infamous 2 or UC3, just does nothing for me, it only takes up space in my room. I was going to put my Infamous 2 statue on eBay, but there are ton and aren't selling.

Last edited:
Well, guess I just saved a lot of money. I was planning on buying the CE for this game, but all it adds is a statue, art book and Making Of DVD. And for 150 bucks? No. I'll stick with the basic, thank you. Although, I will admit, the art book is very sexy. I wish the game case looked like that. (Texture and all)

Eh, my sentiments follow you guys. I was ready to drop the preorder on this asap but seeing as ill be getting the CE for Uncharted, Batman, Assassins Creed and Mass Effect, im gonna have to pass. Ah well, bring on the reg edition with cool map!!!

You arent the only one man, i mean i think theyre neat but i wouldnt display them. I dont like people coming in to my room and seeing statues from games, them seeing my Xbox/PS3 with a bazillion games and my Dead Space poster is enough.

Last edited:
Ya I think a lot are saying the same thing, i wonder if that will make them have to drop the price. I mean maybe maybe I would say that is worth 100 bucks. But 150? Eh. I really wanted to get the CE for this, but at that price like others said I got many other CE's I'm getting.

I wish they just put in more things like SOUNDTRACK and making of stuff sure, but some other things would be nice rather then tons of bulky items. I dunno if they drop the price maybe, but I'm iffy about getting this CE now.

They really should have made a "middle" edition for $10 or $20 more.

If you do want the CE, don't buy it immediately. A lot of stores will discount it later on. Just recently Amazon had the Infamous 2 CE for $50. They had the KZ3 Helghast for cheap, too (I think Best Buy did as well). Target sometimes clearances them (I believe they did for SC2).

However, if you're like me and want the PC version, you'll probably be SOL when it comes to finding the CE version for cheap.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"