Elder Scrolls V

Status
Not open for further replies.

ProjectPat2280

SELLING...PERFECTION
Reaction score
I didnt see a thread for this yet, but if there is one, just merge or delete this one.

I know the game hasnt been officially announced yet, but it appears as tho the game IS in production and will be a direct sequel to Oblivion.

According to a new report from Eurogamer Denmark, Bethesda Softworks is currently developing a fifth title in the Elder Scrolls series and that the game will be a direct sequel to The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion, released in 2006

An unnamed source confirmed "with official game documents in hand" that a new title is indeed coming and the voice acting for the characters is being recording in the coming weeks.

When asked for comment on the report, a Bethesda spokesperson said the company does not comment on rumor or speculation.

In an interview with IGN at Quakecon in August, Bethesda Game Director Todd Howard confirmed the developer's new, and still unannounced, title would not be using id Software's Rage engine, id Tech 5. Instead, Bethesda has created an entirely new game engine.

http://pc.ign.com/articles/113/1136343p1.html

god....just when i was starting to get my life back...

I saw that last night. Also, a few months ago Amazon had a description about The Infernal City (a novel set in TES universe) which said that it sets up the next game which takes place 50 years after Oblivion, but Bethesda made them take that down.

I'm really excited for a new Elder Scrolls game, but hopefully it won't be as dumbed down as Oblivion was.

Aw damn Part 4 took forever to beat :woot:

Does Oblivion still hold up well? I have always wanted to pick it up but never got around to it and now it's a 4 year old game on a notoriously buggy engine.

Should I still think about getting it?

I didn't like the vanilla game, without mods it wouldn't be worth playing.
They should really pick up the fellows who made "Nehrim - At Fate's Edge". It's a cracker of a game, sort of what Oblivion should have been as far I'm concerned.

Does Oblivion still hold up well? I have always wanted to pick it up but never got around to it and now it's a 4 year old game on a notoriously buggy engine.

I'd say get it man, I'm sure it's pretty damn cheap and if uv played fallout you know what u are getting. I still think it's a damn solid title.

If you can ignore a lot of the bad stuff then it's probably worth it. Also, if you haven't played Bioshock then you can get an Oblivion/Bioshock bundle for like $30.

I like that its a direct sequel to IV. I wonder how much of a role the last game will play on this

I really don't think it's a direct sequel to Oblivion per se, just that it's "The Elder Scrolls FIVE" and not "The Elder Scrolls Online" or some spinoff.

At least I hope that's the case. I would be extremely disappointed in the game and Bethesda as developers if they make it a direct continuation. Oblivion was an enormous disappointment to me as it is, building on top of that has no appeal for me whatsoever.

Last edited:

Get it on PC. SOOOOOOOOOO much better.

I really don't think it's a direct sequel to Oblivion per se, just that it's "The Elder Scrolls FIVE" and not "The Elder Scrolls Online" or some spinoff.

At least I hope that's the case. I would be extremely disappointed in the game and Bethesda as developers if they make it a direct continuation. Oblivion was an enormous disappointment to me as it is, building on top of that has no appeal for me whatsoever.

Agreed, especially after Morrowind, which was so diverse and unique both in its landscape and city design (and they were vast and many). Then in Oblivion, basically all landscape is identical, you have this huge open world with eight cities and a ****load of forests. A direct sequel implies that the setting will once again be Cyrodiil and I really hope that is not the case.

Skyrim! And not just that one island from Bloodmoon.

But really, I'd be happy to see anything new from that world. I wasn't that big a fan of Oblivion (still haven't actually finished the main storyline in it), but the core concept of the Elder Scrolls games is right up my alley--a huge, open world to do virtually whatever you want in with side-quests and easter eggs crammed into every possible corner. I'm always up for more of that.

^You might be in luck, Bethesda registered the copyright for "Skyrim" not long ago.

Awesome. I'd love to see how they flesh the Nords out. I demand gobs of tribal tattoos and face paint in the character customization screen!

Oblivion and Morrowind are on my list of greatest games of all time. I just hope we get more info on this one soon. Maybe a teaser trailer at this years VGA?

I wonder what kind of changes they'll make. Morrowind and Oblivion were very similar to each other outside of the visuals and Oblivion scaling down the RPG elements. If they're changing anything major, I'd love to see them beef up the combat system. As great as the previous Elder Scrolls games were, combat was definitely not their strong suit.

Maybe a teaser trailer at this years VGA?

Possibly. At QuakeCon Todd Howard said that they're ready to show what they've been working on, but the publishing dudes didn't think the timing was right. I'm assuming because of New Vegas. Maybe they're ready now?

I'm going to be really bummed if their new game is Fallout 4. :[

Though I don't think that's going to be the case.

Nah, they've still got a good few months to ride New Vegas on the Fallout front.

I wonder what kind of changes they'll make. Morrowind and Oblivion were very similar to each other outside of the visuals and Oblivion scaling down the RPG elements. If they're changing anything major, I'd love to see them beef up the combat system. As great as the previous Elder Scrolls games were, combat was definitely not their strong suit.

Yeah, the combat system definitely needs an overhaul. I think something more akin to Demon's Souls would be great. Something where you have to recognize enemy attack patterns and where the weapons feel more deadly. Honestly, anything other than their "hit the same button over and over until dude is dead" approach to combat would be welcome.

What's of greater importance to me though, is I really hope they put much less of an emphasis on level-scaling in TESV. I feel like that more than anything else caused most of the problems I had with Oblivion.

I'm going to be really bummed if their new game is Fallout 4. :[

Though I don't think that's going to be the case.
Agreed. Personally, I've always found Elder scrolls to be a more massive series than Fallout is.

I wonder if they will add the Karma system from the Fallout games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"