Elder Scrolls V - Part 7

Status
Not open for further replies.
They said before Skyrim shipped that they had three big DLCs planned. I don't think Hearthfire counts as "big" so that means there's still one to go. That's assuming that they didn't cancel the third one or something though.

Yea good point. Wasnt there some rumors recently about registered domain names that might of hinted towards their next DLC?

People found out they trademarked "Redguard" and speculated that the DLC would take place in Hammerfell, likely the city of Dragonstar.

I'm surprised they haven't announced anything. It's been awhile since Dragonborn was released.

*sigh* Once again I have a problem. The game now starts to freeze randomly when I try to open my quick menu. Did anyone ever encounter a similar problem? Does anyone know of a fix?

I am using it. But I think I fixed it now. Maybe there's a bug that prevents me from tagging a certain amount of objects. I removed everything and only have a dagger, sword and bow in my quick menu now. No game freezes so far.

some modded weapons/armors can cnflict with SkyUI.

Or maybe you're carrying too many objects

Has Skyrim had the most expansions/DLC of any TES game? It sure seems like it.

Does anyone have an idea what kind of gear Aela is wearing in this screen? I really like the gloves. Can they be found in the game? Are they modded gear?

So..it's been a year and a half already since Skyrim was released...and what a ride it's been!

I didn't expect to like the game, since i didn't really like Oblivion all that much. Funny how things turned out since Skyrim is now one of my favourite game of all time. It's kinda sad too hearing that Bethesda has now officially stopped working on Skyrim.it's like hearing the producers of your favourite tv show just announced that they're wrapping up the series...

Like many others, i was expecting one last DLC at least. Fallout 3 got four DLC's, and so does New vegas.

Anyway the good news is now they're more or less confirmed that they're working on Fallout 4!

And also the sooner Fallout 4 is done the sooner they can start thinking about next gen Elder Scrolls VI! :woot:

That really could be the best game ever.

I don't want them to keep making these games bigger for ever. It's not all that far away from my ideal size already (twice as big as Skyrim is probably as far as I'd ever want them to go). I'd rather they focused on making that same size less buggy and 100 times better looking with every square foot being unique. :woot: If they can manage an Oblivion-Skyrim jump for ES VI it's going to be absolutely amazing.

And also the sooner Fallout 4 is done the sooner they can start thinking about next gen Elder Scrolls VI! :woot:

That really could be the best game ever.

Heh...that's gonna be like 4-6 years from now!:cwink:

Do you guys think Bethesda will release Skyrim: GOTY edition with all the DLC on disc?

I don't want them to keep making these games bigger for ever. It's not all that far away from my ideal size already (twice as big as Skyrim is probably as far as I'd ever want them to go). I'd rather they focused on making that same size less buggy and 100 times better looking with every square foot being unique. :woot: If they can manage an Oblivion-Skyrim jump for ES VI it's going to be absolutely amazing.

The PS3 version notwithstanding, I really think they got a pretty good handle on the "bugginess" of their games. I agree though that I would like to see them keep roughly the same size world and focus on improving other things. For me, I think the priority for The Elder Scrolls VI has got to be on improving gameplay.

Bethesda has been given a pass for their crappy gameplay for so long because they haven't had any real competition in the past. Sure, there were other open-world RPGs, but they all paled in comparison to TES. However, within the past year and a half Dark Souls, Dragon's Dogma, and Kingdoms of Amalur were all released. All open world games, all have feature parity with TES, and all have way better gameplay.

I'm not saying I want Elder Scrolls to "be" any of those other games, but I sure do hope Bethesda has been taking notes. And I have to imagine they are, it would be straight up stupid of them if they weren't paying attention to what the competition was doing.

Damn that sucks about no more DLC. Oh well, I still have alloy to do in this game. I haven played Dragonborn yet & I still have a bunch of achievements to get.

The PS3 version notwithstanding, I really think they got a pretty good handle on the "bugginess" of their games. I agree though that I would like to see them keep roughly the same size world and focus on improving other things. For me, I think the priority for The Elder Scrolls VI has got to be on improving gameplay.

Bethesda has been given a pass for their crappy gameplay for so long because they haven't had any real competition in the past. Sure, there were other open-world RPGs, but they all paled in comparison to TES. However, within the past year and a half Dark Souls, Dragon's Dogma, and Kingdoms of Amalur were all released. All open world games, all have feature parity with TES, and all have way better gameplay.

I'm not saying I want Elder Scrolls to "be" any of those other games, but I sure do hope Bethesda has been taking notes. And I have to imagine they are, it would be straight up stupid of them if they weren't paying attention to what the competition was doing.
Agreed.

I had 2 gamebreaking bugs but 1 of those was eventually fixed and the fact that they support it well with continous patching means I can't really complain too much. A gaming world of Skyrim's size was still a big challenge for them in 2011 but in another 5 years or so having mastered far superior technology they could make this size of game with far less problems.

And the rest of what you're saying is exactly my view. Even though this is one of the best overall games out there, it has more room for improvement in more areas than most other games I can think of. I've always thought it's actually weak in many gameplay areas like you say but the utter excellence in many other areas overrides all of these issues. If all the individual elements of gameplay were as finely tuned as they are in some other top games (plus Mass Effect quality supporting characters), the potential for future games of this series would go (even further) through the roof & likely overtake nearly all my other favourites.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"