Sequels Electro's Look?

i have 3 different points of view on how i think electro should be put into a film
the first one is having electro be like peter, young, maybe 30 or so, but still the same character, grudges and such, i feel that's how max shoul dbe with all the films. but on one hand he could be the young guy getting used to his powers, like peter, and going through all these changes and thus becoming stronger and stronger until it was too much but by then he wouldnt' care anymore about his own existance, only his motive
the 2nd idea is having electro get his powers and not go through al lthe changes and have him just adapt to his powers, not right away, since i find comedy amusing and put to good if used right to show a transormation into something a little freakier such as this. he could have all thse grudges and just feel that his powers ae the best way to make them more his way. then through this he becomes greedy with power even tho he doesn't get a break. his powers would become him
the 3rd one would be him already having his powers and us finding out about it through him thinking about it, ie- flashback. and he has these powers but still doens't get any breaks and he doens't use these powers because he doens't kno how ot use them quite yet. like it screws things up for him even more. and something would happen to him that would just set him off and that's when he really starts realizing how to use the powers and just goes from there. maybe it would be more or less 'triggered' by anger to where his blood boils.
either way he is percieved in a film, whether it be one of these or some other way, i feel he should have all of max dillon's traits form the original character. but he could also get some new twists from maybe the ultimate electro. i feel the mtv one was just really wussy, big time. and he shoul devolve into his powers throughout the film, getting more powerful, so that it is visible how powerful he becomes
i'd like for him to get his origin from a slightly altered version of his original origin, or camer's scroipt with the electric field since i believe that is more believable, but he could still be max.
and i would like for him to become somewhat of an electric god at the end of the film, showing him going all ou. i'd like lots of destruction, windows on buildings shattering, power going out on whatever block he goes to. i'd love to see him ride his own lightning instead of hover around. i feel he shoul donly go up in the air when he wants to go somewhere really fast. he should fight on the gorund most of the time

Originally posted by Mnemosyne
ddr: "What do you think of Cameron's origin idea, Nemo?"

I have never actually gotten around to reading the actual script, although I have it bookmarked.

From what I understand about it, I don't really mind; at least the lightning-field origin part. What bugs me is the idea of making Max a sort of Norman Osborn-ish character. That's not at all what he's about. Max is a very ordinary guy who is so nondescript as to be almost invisible out in society. He is a man denied most of the good things in life.

He's not an evil or could-be-evil business tycoon. That part, I really hate. Ixnay to that.
Right. I didn't like the Kingpin/Osborn off-ripping. The parts I'd really like to get from it are the origin, him being a petty criminal in the beginning, and the final fight between him and Spidey (although it couldn't be on the Twin Towers. :()

I asked this in the other Electro thread, and I'll ask it here. Who would you like to see cast as Electro? There's a few good choices. My personal fave cohice at the moment is Jay Karnes. Jay Karnes is best known for his part as Dutch in FX series "The Shield." I think he looks sorta like Max Dillon, has that geeky everyman qulaity and is a damn good actor.

I like the classic original look myself, corny mask and all. Maybe tone down the "suspenders" on the suit.

But I also like Nemo's idea of a graduated look, maybe ending up with the bald head and glowing eyes, like the ultimate look, but still in a dark green suit. Make his skin a yellowish, glowing color to keep the classic scheme.

Keyser, I've never seen the show in question, so I can't speak for how good that person might be in the role.... if I ever do though, I'll keep an eye peeled for him. I don't watch much tv in general - too many commercials. Man, these days its easy to forget what you were watching, they play so many commercials.

Its an awesome show, Mnemosyne, my current fave. It follows an elite LAPD unit set up in Farmington, one of the LAPD's most crime-ridden areas, made up of the best Detectives and officers, as well as a tough-as-nails Strike Team. The twist which propels the story is that the Strike Team are all corrupt.

The show's main conflict exists between Vic Mackey, the leader of this Strike Team, and Captain David Aceveda, the ambitious leader of the unit who hopes that bringing down Mackey and his Strike Team will gain him popularity and help his bid to become Mayor.

It's cool, because technically you should be on Aceveda's side, since he wants a clean, non-corrupt police force, but you end up supporting Mackey instead, because he's just so kick-ass. Although in many ways, the two characters are as bad as each other. Everyone is stabbing everyone in the back!

To hear more about "The Shield", go to the thread "The Shield" on the Misc. TV Series board on the Superhero TV Series forum.

Keyser: "Who would you like to see cast as Electro? There's a few good choices. My personal fave cohice at the moment is Jay Karnes. Jay Karnes is best known for his part as Dutch in FX series "The Shield." I think he looks sorta like Max Dillon, has that geeky everyman qulaity and is a damn good actor."

Do you mean that bald guy with the anger-management issues, the one who looks like he works out some? He wears a black leather jacket?

He might just work. Right age, right build, has a shaved head.... not bad. I wouldn't want to see Max that aggressive till the end of the film though, if at all.

Originally posted by Mnemosyne
Keyser, I've never seen the show in question, so I can't speak for how good that person might be in the role.... if I ever do though, I'll keep an eye peeled for him. I don't watch much tv in general - too many commercials. Man, these days its easy to forget what you were watching, they play so many commercials.

Your right, tv is just one huge commercial but i love it :p

Make him the Ultimate Electro

yep i agree. ultimate or similar
electro-s.jpg

Actually, Mnemosyne, the guy you're thinking of is Michael Chiklis, who plays the lead character Vic Mackey. Jay Karnes plays Dutch, the tall, lanky detective who works with the black female detective.

Scarlet, where'd you get that picture? Its really neat, I'd like to see a larger copy of it.

Keyser: "Actually, Mnemosyne, the guy you're thinking of is Michael Chiklis, who plays the lead character Vic Mackey. Jay Karnes plays Dutch, the tall, lanky detective who works with the black female detective."

Oops :gg:

i think a combo of the classic with the ultimate look could be done.

Originally posted by Sock-Man
I like the original costume best, but it would look absolutely ridiculous on screen, especially the mask.
IMO, the best for on screen would be the Ultimate look. The black leather looks fairly cool but I think it should be slightly crazier, maybe bright yellow lightning shapes across it.
I'm not sure about the bald head but I guess it makes sense because it would have burnt away. The glowing eyes are cool though.

UltimateElectro.gif

UltimateElectroBack.gif
Egads old man,that's a tad gawd awful there ! Classic comic book look, newbie!

1. Don't call people newbie. It's the most pathetic insult you can call somebody. As if happening to discover this site a few months before someone else makes you better than them. Sad.

2. I, and many other people, really like the Ultimate look, and in the othe Electro thread, its the favourite look for him to have in any movie he appears in.

3. Did you ever take your foot out of your mouth after saying that Michael Clarke Duncan would suck as Kingpin because of his colour, only for him to kick ass?

here you are Mnemosyne

electro-l.jpg

but I think i could do with some improvement, such as the x-men movie costumes imo.

Great picture, Scarlet, thanks!!

keyser: "2. I, and many other people, really like the Ultimate look, and in the othe Electro thread, its the favourite look for him to have in any movie he appears in."

This is very true.... I think just about everyone here -likes- the old-style costume, but let's face it - that mask would probably look pretty silly onscreen. At best they could use the 90's ASM-style costume - the green and yellow, but without the mask. From what I understand, when he's powered up he's glowing so brightly you cant really see much of his face anyways.

That black rubber is really hot, though :gg: I think that would be best, if they can keep it from looking like the X-Men's garb.

i don't kno why, but for some reason that pic reminds me of bullseye in daredevil, lol
i want to see the design of the classic electro outfit (minus the mask) in a movie or at least one lightning bolt as with the ultimate style suite, but i don't want skin tight rubber. and i dont' really wanna see yellow and green either..i prefer blue or a darker color like the ultimate style. and as with the ultimate style, the star scared into his face is always a good image, maybe not perfectly like it, but something you would notice if you looked closely enough
small unnoticed details are always the nicest...altho the goblin really didnt' have any...

I think the Ultimate look is good but make the orange a yellow-orange instead and maybe have some symbol on his outfit.

You are all just saying what you would like to see him wearing. You should be saying why he wears it, and if you think his costume should change as the film progresses, why does it change? :)

Oh, let me say this. :) I dont think Electro should have some sort of home made mask or something like that if he get's put in the movie. When he is demonstrating/using his powers, whether its firing a jolt of electricity or flying/hovering, electricity should come out from his head, forming the star fish shape. With the great CGI at film makers' disposal these days, this could be easily done. Also, electricity coming out from Electros eyes are a must. ;)

Well, whatever he wears, it has to be heat-proof. I voted "similar to the suit but with less yellow and green," only because I couldn't think of a better choice among the ones you had - but I would like him (personally) to resemble Bruce's dad from "The Hulk" when he absorbed all the electricity, only Electro should have yellow and orange electricity covering him rather than bluish, ala Hulk.:cool:

Keyser Kingpin said:
I asked this in the other Electro thread, and I'll ask it here. Who would you like to see cast as Electro? There's a few good choices. My personal fave cohice at the moment is Jay Karnes. Jay Karnes is best known for his part as Dutch in FX series "The Shield." I think he looks sorta like Max Dillon, has that geeky everyman qulaity and is a damn good actor.
I would cast Edward Norton.

undefined or conan O' Brien ;)

the ultimate costume could work but i think crispin glover should be electro.

Ultimate. And I also like Cameron's origin. Maybe you could do something where he starts to take over the underworld with his powers, but eventually screws it all up...

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vortep88
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"