Elementary - CBS's Modern Take on Sherlock

LL and JLM definitely have a chemistry though and it is one I'm very glad is strictly platonic. They don't even entertain the idea of romance between the two which would destroy the series.

This is one of my favorite things about this show.

Plus their casual nonchalant jabs about each other's romantic/sex lives are hilarious.

Finally finished watching this last season. The way I saw some of you posting in here earlier in the year, I thought people must've really been discussing the finale and that something really dramatic happened. But now I see no-one was discussing it.

So now Morlund Holmes has taken over Moriarty's organisation to destroy it from within.

I do agree that the seasons could be shorter or multi-arced and that there's too much filler. Sometimes the cases seem solved really easily and the 3rd act is anti-climactic and ends abruptly.

I was hoping for Moriarty to return, but I guess Natalie is busy. I thought the professor would take over her position as Holmes's new nemesis. He needs one, and not one who is an ex-lover and painted in a more sympathetic light like Moriarty.

It will be interesting to see Joan's sister in future.

Anyone see the season finale of Elementary this week?

Sherlock seems to be losing his mind and forgetting things, but doesn't want to reveal this to Joan. The mystery woman we'd been seeing these past couple of episodes turned out to be a figment of his imagination and a projection of his mother. At first I thought she was an obsessive stalker.

But did the fire actually happen down in the basement or was that also imaginary? Joan came down to see the place trashed, but was it just that Sherlock trashed it in a fit of rage and frustration, or was there an actual fire? Because the place didn't really look severely burned and Sherlock wasn't really that injured at all when he went to the hospital, yet when he went downstairs to put out the fire it was engulfing the entire room and he was blown back by the fire when he opened the door. Was that all in his mind too?

I actually thought the Shinwell plot was pretty boring this season. I'd like Sherlock to be taking on a more calculating adversary. It's a shame we don't have Moriarty in the picture anymore. Once it was revealed she was Irene, that took some of the edge of the character. I see from my last post above, which was last August concerning the season finale, that no-one has posted since. But there was some kind of professor in last season's finale who could've taken over from Moriarty. What happened to him?

It's been renewed for season 6, but only for 13 episodes. That might allow for tighter plotting.

I saw the episode.

I wasn't a fan of the "Sherlock is losing his mind" plot line, it felt a bit too forced in right at the end of the season. A longer build up might have made the whole thing more interesting.

I saw the episode.

I wasn't a fan of the "Sherlock is losing his mind" plot line, it felt a bit too forced in right at the end of the season. A longer build up might have made the whole thing more interesting.

I agree. We never saw signs of it at all. I think they should've introduced that earlier in the season, and also allowed the misunderstandings between Joan and Sherlock to build up because she'd think he's just being flippant or doesn't care, when in fact he's forgetful.

I haven't seen the finale yet.

but this season overall has been a complete mess in terms of purpose or focus.

The Shinwell/SBK plot was really the only unifying factor amongst the episodes, but that hardly feels worthwhile when you consider past seasons have focused on Moriarty, Sherlock's brother, Sherlock's dad, etc.

This season lacked a worthy adversary for Sherlock/Joan and it has suffered, with the eps going all over the place.

I'm honestly surprised it got renewed for another season.

Looks like they finally have a date for the season premiere. April 30 according to epguides.

About time. But why so late? That's practically when it would normally be finishing, round about the start of May.

I thought I'd originally seen a January 6th premiere date, but they must have decided to push it back for whatever reason.

Looks like they finally have a date for the season premiere. April 30 according to epguides.
The show might be winding down, and these days networks are breaking off from the old fall and spring premiere schedules. Plus the show hit the syndication limit already.

I sort of dropped off with Sherlock around the time his new protege had a baby and there seemed to be some suspicion it was Sherlock's baby.

I generally like the show and that it actually stuck to detective work with Holmes and Watson. To be frank, that's something I think it did better in the long run than the BBC series.

On the other hand, you could still the show was struggling to fill in content for 20+ episodes a season. Some of the cases were really just average cases it seems any average detective could've figured out and was a waste of Sherlock and Watson's talents.

Renewed for a 7th season.

Huh? It only just started its 6th. I would've thought they'd wait towards the end.

Renewed for a 7th season.

wtf?!?... I was under the impression from CBS that the current season would be the final season... what happened to change their minds?... a sudden upward spike-surge in ratings?... not that I'm complaining, but actually, it's a pleasant surprise, ESPECIALLY after this weekend's bloodbath... and besides, more Lucy Liu is always a good thing...

wow!! surprised at the renewal. this is one show where I've been expecting a cancellation.

especially as the last few seasons have been rather ho-hum, imo. ( don't know about the ratings though ).

wtf?!?... I was under the impression from CBS that the current season would be the final season... what happened to change their minds?... a sudden upward spike-surge in ratings?... not that I'm complaining, but actually, it's a pleasant surprise, ESPECIALLY after this weekend's bloodbath... and besides, more Lucy Liu is always a good thing...
Some analysts are saying that because Scorpion didn't get a syndication deal, it was cancelled in favor of Elementary's lucrative syndication deal and international sales.

So is Elementary season 7 likely to be back in September rather than the end of April like it was this season? And is Season 6 going to be short, e.g. finishing in May with the rest of the shows? How long will it run for?

So is Elementary season 7 likely to be back in September rather than the end of April like it was this season? And is Season 6 going to be short, e.g. finishing in May with the rest of the shows? How long will it run for?
S6 has 21 episodes so they'll likely be running most of the summer. As for S7, we'll find out this week but I kinda think it'll be held as a mid-season replacement (along with likely Criminal Minds and Instinct) since CBS ordered 5 new dramas.

That is a fast renewal considering we were wondering if this season was even going to happen when season five ended and it took a long time to get a season six renewal notice.

I'm not complaining though. It is one of the few shows that actually sticks to the premise of its male/female costars not getting romantically involved on top of it being a good show. They could not ruin the series faster if Holmes and Watson got together.

This show works how it is.

I hope they bring back Dormer even if it’s just for one ep or something. Moriarty back in the mix will spice things up.

Having said that, the plot with Sherlock’s new sponsor is interesting.

I love this show and the fact that it's already been renewed for a 7th season is such great news.

I've been tweeting the cbs elementary account and elementary writers room to bring moriarty back.

The show is so much better with her involved.

This new villain seems like he could've been a Moriarty type. He certainly seems to be staying one step ahead of the police. But he's disappeared for a while now.

Really interesting season finale :wow: - which was (apparently) intended as a series finale.

I haven't seen it just yet but given the late renewal the series got, it isn't surprising if this is indeed the end of the show.

Elementary was renewed for a seventh season quite awhile ago, but this sure did seem like a series finale...

Since it has been renewed though, it looks like season 7 will be a reboot of sorts. It might be more classic Sherlock Holmes instead with Holmes and Watson operating in England instead.

They can't really go back to New York or ever work for the department there again. The way things ended with Gregson puts a strain on their relationship too. And Marcus is joining the US Marshalls so he won't be around. So it looks like it will be an entirely new supporting cast.

I think it could be exciting and a breath of fresh air to take place in and around London and see them operating out of Baker Street.

It does look like it could have been the series finale though. But I'm interested to see their London cases now.