Enola Holmes | Netflix

Blitzkrieg

Avenger
Reaction score
‘Killing Eve’ Director to Helm Millie Bobby Brown’s ‘Enola Holmes’ (EXCLUSIVE)

Legendary has closed a deal for Harry Bradbeer to direct “Enola Holmes” starring Millie Bobby Brown, sources tell Variety. Insiders also say Jack Thorne will adapt the script, which is based on the Nancy Springer book series “The Enola Holmes Mysteries.” The book series began with the 2006 title “The Case of the Missing Marquess” and covered six novels, revolving around mysteries investigated by Sherlock and Mycroft Holmes’ much younger sister, Enola.

Sherlock be jacked.

Well that’s a miscast.

But I think they’re going for the young tween crowd so they need to “sex” Sherlock up a bit I guess.

In terms of the YA novels, Cavill is about the right age (Sherlock being about twenty years older :wow: than Enola).

Huh. Would never have expected Cavill to play Sherlock Holmes.

Netflix Lands Rights to Millie Bobby Brown’s ‘Enola Holmes’ Film – Variety

The streaming site has acquired the global rights, excluding China, to Legendary Entertainment’s “Enola Holmes” in which Brown plays the younger sister of Sherlock Holmes.

The film tells the story of the younger Holmes, who is a gifted super-sleuth in her own right and often outsmarts her brilliant siblings Sherlock and Mycroft. When their mother mysteriously disappears on Enola’s 16th birthday, she seeks help from her older brothers. However, she takes matters into her own hands and runs away to London to find their mother. Along the way, Enola’s caught in the middle of a conspiracy that could alter the course of political history.

I was hoping RDJ and Jude Law would be part of this but Cavill is great too

Sherlock Holmes 3 is still happening.........maybe!

The director of Rocketman was assigned for that one. Dunno about the latest status but WB had it in their plans.

EbV7r0vWsAAtuT6

EbV7r02XkAEv_EM

EbXXLlAXsAA01FO

EbW89X1WkAIOzGM

Huh. So certain character traits aren’t in the public domain yet? Seems questionable.

Also, the Cumberbatch and RDJ versions of Holmes displayed “warmth” (albeit in weird ways sometimes)... did they get sued too?

Also, the Cumberbatch and RDJ versions of Holmes displayed “warmth” (albeit in weird ways sometimes)... did they get sued too?

Apparently, the US copyright/public domain status of Holmes wasn’t fully resolved until 2014. So Sherlock Holmes (2009) and Sherlock (2010 TV series) probably would have licensed the IP.

Looks okay; I'm sure Millie will own it and Henry looks charming. Sam looks like he's got Mycroft's uptight jerk personality down.

But... Celebrity Skin? Weird choice for music in this trailer. I love that song but I just don't see the connection other than I guess Enola is "making it" on her own here.

Pass. Then again, this wasn't made for me as I'm not a pre-teen girl.

Cavill looks bland as hell as Sherlock though.

Cavill looks miscast. Had they made a Sherlock Holmes movie, Cavill would be my choice for Dr Watson (with mustache.)

No problems with Cavill for me but I prefer the RDJ version of Sherlock

I think Cavill is one of those actors like Keanu Reeves where we'll still be having the debate in 20 years over whether he's a good actor or not.

Haha, I don’t think there’s any movie where I outright hated Reeves and thought he was a bad actor.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"