1.  2022 SuperHeroHype Awards

The 2022 Hype Award Season, hosted by Lily Adler and ComicChick is officially live!

Voting is now over! Stay tuned for the awards ceremony!

The SuperHeroHype Awards

Eternals II

Discussion in 'Eternals' started by psylockolussus, Nov 3, 2021.

?

Do you want an Eternals II?

1. Yes

65.6%
  2. No

34.4%
  1. Hannibal75 Registered

I don't know if that's really the case but Campea says that Feige absolutely loves the film and will green-light a sequel (most likely with Chloe Zhao directing again), no matter what the critics say or what the BO numbers are.

Holy Slapper likes this.
  2. TheVileOne Registered

John Campea also once said there's no way Deadpool would ever get released with an R-rating.

Deck Rickard and GREEN =w= DAY like this.
  3. Hannibal75 Registered

That's one thing I'll believe when I see it.

4. Spider-Fan SHHFFL 2014/2019 Champion

Given how this one ended, you gotta give me a sequel.

Deck Rickard, Holy Slapper and CB Fan like this.
  5. Spider-Fan SHHFFL 2014/2019 Champion

Ignoring box office for a moment, we're getting 4 movies a year soon and a bunch of shows. In this overload of Marvel content, I think there is room for Eternals to get either a movie sequel or something on D+ to continue the story.

Deck Rickard and TheVileOne like this.
  6. TheVileOne Registered

It happened, not sure how I'm going to dig it up though.

7. Web-Head Running

I don't necessarily need a sequel although I'm sure we'll get one. Like others have said though, these characters will probably pop up elsewhere first

8. Hannibal75 Registered

Aren't we talking about a possible Disney-released Deadpool movie?

9. Detective Conan Registered

I’ll wait and see how the movie does in its second weekend before I can confidently say it’ll get a sequel.

10. Joined:
    Aug 19, 2004
    With the numbers that Cruella and Jungle Cruise got, which I know are affected by Covid. The reported opening worldwide weekend numbers of Eternals should be enough for Disney to greenlit a sequel. I don't see a disastrous boX office drop either.

I brought up Cruella and Jungle Cruise, as I don't think the sequel for those is going to do a lot better at the boX office (assuming they are released in a post-Covid world) than Marvel Studio's EternaIIs. Certain characters could appear in Avengers 5, Guardians, Thor before the sequel; and those appearances would act as indirect promo for the sequel.

11. GREEN =w= DAY Registered

If they do an Eternals sequel, it probably won’t be out for another 3 to 5 years. I can see some of these characters coming out in other MCU films or even Disney+ series spin-offs

12. TheVileOne Registered

No the original Deadpool at FOX.

Post-COVID, lol.

13. Hannibal75 Registered

We were talking about whether Feige has enough clout to make an Eternals sequel happen even if this one isn't financially successful. What the heck has Fox's Deadpool to do with that?

14. TheVileOne Registered

That's not what I was referring to.

15. Comicbookguy339 Registered

If they come up with a better script then I would have no problem with Zhao returning to direct.

16. samsnee Ok

I don’t see this getting a sequel based on the reception. I think the characters will show up in other properties but I don’t see it happening.

Prison Mike likes this.
  17. Comicbookguy339 Registered

Feige isn't as reactionary as WB's execs. He turned it around with Thor Ragnarok, he can turn it around with Eternals 2.

18. Detective Conan Registered

The decision to make a sequel or not won’t be decided by the reception of the movie, it will be decided by how well it does at the box office. It’s opening weekend, is only the first test, the real test is to see if it can survive the bad word of mouth with bad reviews and mixed audience reaction. Which is why I think we’ll have to wait and see how well this flick does in its second weekend. Feige won’t get the chance to turn things around and course correct with a sequel if he cannot financially justify making one, especially a sequel to a really expensive movie that’s bound to be expensive too.

19. Spider-Fan SHHFFL 2014/2019 Champion

We're in a different world now though. Even if this doesn't get a proper film sequel, now we have Disney+ so if a film cannot be justified financially, Disney+ could still be an option

20. Comicbookguy339 Registered

At this point Feige has enough clout that he can get away with making another one even if the first one does disappointing business.

21. KRYPTON INC. Incorporated Kryptonian

The film is too dense with connections to just leave these characters out in the cold.

That said... I'm sure that Feige and Co. were really hoping that like GOTG before them that the Eternals would be a hit and create fan faves that can function as the "Cosmic heroes" guest stars in the next big cross over Avengers movie and be, like the Guardians, a energized and fun added ingredient to the mix while adding another individual series of films.

Also it is clear there are breadcrumbs here to indicate where a lot of things are going in the MCU. Plans that are already underway. I doubt they drop the Eternals story completely even if they don't get a sequel.

Shuri and TheVileOne like this.
  22. Holy Slapper Registered

23. Holy Slapper Registered

Reel Rejects did a poll on their live spoiler talk stream just moments ago and after almost 800 votes, 74% "Absolutely" want to see one.

24. Mike Murdock Registered

I think there's potential for a sequel and with the cast paired down, I think it's possible. But the script would have to be good.

25. Prison Mike Don't drop the soap!

I never listen to those type of polls. They’re biased. The only people who would tune in to a live spoiler talk are most likely hard core fans who love the movie to begin with. I would rather see what the general audience thinks about a potential sequel.

Shuri, KRYPTON INC. and TheVileOne like this.