1.  2022 SuperHeroHype Awards

The 2022 Hype Award Season, hosted by Lily Adler and ComicChick is officially live!

The ballot is here! Voting will end Feb. 4th!

The SuperHeroHype Awards

Eternals II

Discussion in 'Eternals' started by psylockolussus, Nov 3, 2021.

?

Do you want an Eternals II?

1. Yes

65.6%
  2. No

34.4%
  1. KBX Registered

Now I haven’t seen the movie yet but I’ve read that Galactus would make so much sense in Eternals 2. If Feige had plans to introduce him there, there’s no way we aren’t getting a second movie with the planning the MCU does.

eon001 likes this.
  2. Legendver2 Registered

The way this tried to sequel bait seemed almost like begging,
    with the Harry Styles reveal and the "Eternals will Return" banner.

TheVileOne likes this.
  3. misjuevos WUUHAAAAAAAAA!

The real reason I like Eternals is for the Celestials, I just want to see more Celestials now in the MCU. They are introduced and now we can see them out and about in the universe. It would be cool to see how the Titan Eternals came to be in the MCU. Maybe make a Thanos Rising film or something.

Shuri likes this.
  4. Silvermoth Krakoan native

I definitely want to see more of Phastos and sersi. There’s still quite a lot they can do with it especially if they’re building to galactus

5. Wolvieboy17 Anthropomorphic Clock

I mean, you could say that about almost every new Marvel film end credit scene, couldn't you?

Spider-Fan likes this.
  6. Closerframe Registered

I'm honestly okay with this not getting a sequel--just have the characters show up in future projects like GotG Vol. 3, Marvels, and/or Nova. However with that ending...

Arishem literally takes the remaining Eternals on Earth and says he will return with them after he's made a judgment. I doubt he'll show up in another movie

7. mace1 Registered

8. mace1 Registered

Eternals Writers Have Planned A Prequel Series

9. Spider-Fan SHHFFL 2014/2019 Champion

Yes please to all these ideas. So what we are saying is, MAKE ETERNALS II!!!!

Holy Slapper and Deck Rickard like this.
  10. AVEITWITHJAMON Badass Cloud

I am still marinating on the movie after seeing it last night, but one thing I will say is it set up a potentially absolutely epic sequel, so yes I would see one.

Just hopefully with a tighter script this time.

Spider-Fan likes this.
  11. KBX Registered

Yeah just saw the movie last night as well. The sequel has so much potential, and has a chance to be a “Winter Soldier” follow up. Having said that, Zhao has to return I don’t think it will work with someone different

Holy Slapper, Kev4000 and Spider-Fan like this.
  12. Shuri Smartest person in the MCU.

I didn't enjoy the movie, but I wouldn't say no to the sequel.

If they do it, I hope they focus more on Arisham, other celestials, Thena, Druig and Makkari. If I never see the rest again I wouldn't care.

KRYPTON INC. likes this.
  13. mace1 Registered

Marvel Studios Started Development on Eternals for Phase 1 Release

14. KRYPTON INC. Incorporated Kryptonian

All that time and no one worked on giving it's leads charisma or relatable personalities.

AVEITWITHJAMON and Shuri like this.
  15. misjuevos WUUHAAAAAAAAA!

It took Thor 3 tries to find its place, maybe Eternals is the same. One thing is for sure this director didn't work for this material. This version of the Eternals was not what I expected, or wanted. I am looking forward to more cosmic things.

AVEITWITHJAMON likes this.
  16. Mike Murdock Registered

Weirdly, I don't think of the Eternals as part of the Marvel cosmic side of things, but that seems to be the solution. Next time will have Starfox and Pip and more Arishem. With a more streamlined cast, it'll hopefully make for a better movie.

17. AVEITWITHJAMON Badass Cloud

For me, they absolutely need to go more cosmic with the next movie, as they were best parts of the first.

18. KRYPTON INC. Incorporated Kryptonian

Will it be more streamlined?

Ajak, Gilgamesh and Ikaris are gone but as pointed out they picked up Eros and Pip and the Titan Eternals if included are their own wacky cast of characters. Dane I would assume will be there too given he seems to truly care about Sersi and she was picked up by a sky god.

19. Spider-Fan83 with great power...

but it was implied that there are other versions of them out there on different planets... so theoretically we could be reintroduce to new versions of any characters we lost (maybe with slightly different looks/personalities, maybe even alien versions of them) which means we could both potentially see these actors return, or that there's room for recasting of any of them

20. KRYPTON INC. Incorporated Kryptonian

Well then the cast will be even further from streamlined from first movie, no?

21. misjuevos WUUHAAAAAAAAA!

good point, the eternals themselves aren't really cosmic, but the Celestials are. There are the Titan Eternals and the Uranian Eternals though, but I would agree the Earth Eternals aren't. I was just referring to future stories and that I would want more of them in space. Kree/Shi'ar War, The Rise and fall of the Shi'ar Empire, War/Realm of Kings, Annihilation, lots of things out there. Not to mention The silver surfer and Galactus. Since the Skrulls are going to be the focus in the new Secret Invasion, maybe they will reveal that Galactus is the reason they are refugees now. He destroyed their planet.

22. KRYPTON INC. Incorporated Kryptonian

I could get behind that as a stealth way to introduce the Galactus concept.

23. Spider-Fan83 with great power...

yes... and no
    the disconnect in this first one came from them being scattered an all needing to be reintroduced/updated on where they are now... if they are now working together or at least in only couple different groups, even bringing in new characters to introduce/reintroduce wont have as much of that same feel... as the ground work is already done

if that makes since, not really sure how streamline you can expected a team film to be... focus will always be divided to some degree

24. Mike Murdock Registered

I can't imagine the Titan Eternals besides Eros and A'Lars (if he's still alive) getting any real time or attention. I could see Dane either way, but I'm wondering if he'll be in a Blade movie instead.