Neil Gaiman talks The Eternals

I most definately plan to do so. I LOVED Sandman/Death books. Im very excited!!!

Lackey said:
Well, it's just my opinion, but Neil Gaiman had said in an interview that he wanted 1602 Captain America to affect present day 616 Captain America but they didn't go for it.
I'm thinking that if his changes to Thor were too drastic, Marvel wouldn't go for it either.
According to Oeming, they're going ahead with Millar's take on Thor as far as he knows, so I don't think drastic changes to the character were an issue.

Wasn't it a Gaiman/Straczynski take on Thor that Millar was supposed to write?

Something like that, according to the rumor. Gaiman came up with the core concept and then Straczynski put a "spin" on it, whatever the hell that means. Either way, I'm dreading its eventual release and hoping that someone has the good sense to attach a creative team that actually appreciates the character instead of Millar the shock jock and Land, whose art just strikes me as all wrong for Thor.

I know of the Gaiman/JMS take on Thor, but what does Oeming have to do with it?

and will Millar and Land be the team on the title?

Oeming is the guy everybody else wants to bring Thor back.

Oh okay, well I figured that...I just didn't think he was involved in it at all at this point.

Well, nearly every interview he's had scince Disassembled, people have been asking if he's not taking over Thor then who? I guess he took it upon himself to let everybody know what was going down with the character. Pretty stand up guy if you ask me.

Oeming posts at (http://www.comicboards.com/thor/). In one thread, I think someone asked what was going on with Thor's eventual return after Blood Oath and Oeming said they were still going ahead with Millar, whenever Millar had the time to do it.

Guys I'm sure you know by now that the artist for Gaimans Eternals is John Romita Jr.

Can't wait for this series to come out! It's about time someone did some more Kirby characters!

Thats actually a very good match for the book using Romita because of the way his work is actually pretty close to Kirby's style.

Wow. That's a pretty sweet image. I can't wait for this.

i own many of the first kirby eternals issues - and i really like the concept, but trying to include it into the MU weighed it down.

i'm excited to see what Gaiman does with these characters. Used correctly, Eternals can make a splash!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"