• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

Eva, what are you talking about?

Catman

Avenger
Reaction score
CS: How did you see Vesper, considering that she may be considered the first ever Bond Girl, at least in Ian Fleming's books?
Green: The first thing is she's the only woman that Bond falls in love with, and she shapes him and she's going to have a great impact on his life. He's going to become the Bond that we know, and that makes it interesting. In this movie, I think he maybe will be more human, you will see his flaws, and he's a bit more rugged, and Daniel Craig looks a bit rugged.

So, it seems like we've forgotten about Tracy a/k/a James Bond's wife!

I think Eva didn't read all the Bond novels, or didn't watch all the Bond movies. It would have been mroe acurate to say that Vesper is the first woman Bond falls in love with. And that was a short infatuation for sure.

I think Eva didn't read all the Bond novels, or didn't watch all the Bond movies. It would have been mroe acurate to say that Vesper is the first woman Bond falls in love with. And that was a short infatuation for sure.

Vesper is the *first* girl Bond falls in love with, and stands as one of the three major love interests in the novels (being Vesper Lynd, Tracy, and Kissy Suzuki).

Eva has made a mistake, I think - she's probably not too familiar with the films or novels. And considering it's very much up for debate whether this has anything to do with the previous continuity, she may be right.

Dude, the producer Michael G. Wilson was sitting next to her. He could have corrected her. And, even if this film isn't connected with the others (none of them are except Dr. No and From Russia With Love which take places 6 months apart from each other) it still doesn't change the fact that Bond's true love was Tracy. The guy married her!

I suppose, but if this is really set in a different continuity, Craig's Bond may not even have a Tracy at any point. CraigBond's true love may actually be Vesper Lynd.

And honestly, that's not entirely wrong. Vesper Lynd is, really, Bond's first love in the Fleming novels. She's an important figure and really sets the stage. Tracy, while a very important figure as well, comes at the very end of the Fleming novel canon, and is more the undoing of Bond than anything else.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TheCat
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"