"Every great team needs a leader" The Mr Fantastic Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Incrediblejeff

Still Incredible
Reaction score
Let's discuss Reed here shall we,casting ideas anyone?

Billy Crudup for Me
24500046.jpg
watchmen-movie-9.jpg

Last edited:
Timothy Olyphant or Dermot Mulroney would be my choices for Reed.

I think actors like Billy Crudup, Eric Bana and Thomas Gibson would be the right way to go with Reed. There are many actors of this type out there and so I'm not placing too much emphasis on any one. But they would be my first thoughts.

billy_crudup_20090304-190x300.jpg

defebf2aac80t.jpg

244038873528947419_8TcbBRb0_b.jpg

It's not so much who I want to play Reed, it's more how I want him portrayed.

Not just as as a nerd who frowns while everyone else is having fun but someone who is really exciting and makes science look great again!

He should be like Brian Cox, with a dash of Matt Smith's Doctor from Doctor Who and just a bit of cheekiness like Albert Einstein.

Yeah, I don't see how Brian Cox is anything like Reed.

I'd like to still see Bruce Greenwood in the role. He's great as Captain Pike and would make a great Reed and elder statesman of the Marvel Cinematic :( Universe.

^he may be a bit too old i think reed should be around ruffalo/rdj age range

_49327074_cox_clip2.jpg

???

Yeah, I don't see how Brian Cox is anything like Reed.

I'd like to still see Bruce Greenwood in the role. He's great as Captain Pike and would make a great Reed and elder statesman of the Marvel Cinematic :( Universe.

^he may be a bit too old i think reed should be around ruffalo/rdj age range

:facepalm: Brian Cox is a British physicist who studied at Manchester University. He's also a very popular television host and is dedicated to raising the profile of science everywhere.

briancoxsun.jpg

:facepalm: Brian Cox is a British physicist who studied at Manchester University. He's also a very popular television host and is dedicated to raising the profile of science everywhere.

briancoxsun.jpg

But mention Brian Cox on a comic board where people are discussing a franchise that belongs to the same studio as X-2, and people are automatically going to think of the actor who played William Stryker. It's a reasonable assumption to make. I doubt most Americans here will have heard of the physicist. It's like if I mention Chris Evans, most people here aren't going to think of the British ginger-haired DJ:

Chris+Evans.jpg

Don't worry Silvermouth, I knew who you were talking about. For God's sake, I think he comes up in Google before the actor.

I have thought Crudup would be a great Reed for some time. I was recently watching West Wing on netflix and was reading the most recent Fantastic Four issue at the same time. I just started hearing all of Reed's lines in Rob Lowe's voice

Bruce Greenwood would make a good Mr. Fantastic he definitely resembles Reed i also like Crudup as well

Greenwood is who i picture Reed as, if they got thier powers in the 80's at near the end of the cold war.

imagine if Reed was Tony Stark's teacher MIT, or at least his mentor (continuing the theme of searching for a father figure)

Of the ones mentioned regularly, I think Guy Pierce has the most potential, at least if you go with a somewhat older Reed.

If you want to go for a younger version, I favor Joshua Jackson.

Hey, this guy looks pretty good - who is he?

Who ever they cast they need to loose the nerd angle and go back to the confident, two fisted, man's man that Lee and Kirby established during their run.

Thanks, he looks more Reed like than any of the others pictured on this page - and better than most I have seen suggested elsewhere.

Let's go with him...

^ he fits so many super heroes from batman to superman to punisher.etc. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back